Help me to make the biggest decision of my life

7 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Gasthoerer I was actually quoting what @Kaya told me but I think its really difficult to criticize Keser`s work. Have you see any result from Keser that is not amazing?

Yes, I have seen poor cases from Keser (this is not a critic in itself, as every clinic has misses) in my domestic forum. There is also the criticisms that he is highly selective with his clients and had to stop surgeries due to issues with extraction (and other clinics had no issues with the same client). The discussion is that his methods (incl. his punch) are "old school" and he has no/few exchange with other clinics. 

Please keep in mind: This is not my personal opinion, but the discussion in another forum. Personal I think that he his results are very good for particular cases but he is not the best in donor management (probably due to his punch). 

Also: I think that you focus a little to much one the "the doc does it all by himself" thing. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@karatekid I know you said you crossed out Turkey but you really should talk with @Kaya because he had a smiliar hairloss to yours and had two HT with Dr. Keser.

For your situation Dr. Keser would be one of my top choices because he specializes in hairlines does max 600 grafts and one patient a day. He has his own punch (designed by himself) which cuts through with one move and increases the survival chance of the grafts. This kind of boutique treatment comes with the price which makes him the most expensive HT doctor in Turkey at 3.5€/graft.

Kaya is from LA and was also looking for the best of the best so he was considering Dr. Konior (8US/graft) but he`s super happy he went all the way to Turkey to Dr. Keser (twice).

Check his results: 

Max 600 per day? So any standard procedure take him few days? sounds weird to me. Anyway, as Kaya say himself in the thread, he doesnt accept patients that require more than 2500 grafts. And there is good chance that I need more. When I contacted Feriduni 2 years ago he suggested 2700. and my hair loss just got worse, very slowly, but still. I really want good, dense hairline, so I think I will need even 3000+.   even if he does somehow accept this, it means 5 days procedure? sounds pretty exhausting...

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

Interesting, we had a similar discussion about another clinic once (forgot which one). I never heard this about Feriduni. Can you send me the link to this specific cases? Would be much appreciated. If you do not feel comfortable to link them here, you can also send a PM. 

Ye it is in the german forum, I sent you the links

Hi karatekid,

If the reason for scratching out Turkey is solely based on Turkey having tons of cheap, low quality HT clinics (and that's a fact), you may be missing some A grade doctors. I will not talk about it since Portugal already mentioned those. If you have other reasons, I can't comment on those. 

If you are planing to have temporal point (side parts, under temples) work, I don't suggest any Turkish clinics. As a matter of fact, I myself was thinking of having it but I could not find any HT doctor doing a very good temporal point in the world; forget about Turkey. Because of the very fine nature with different color, temporal points will stand out from the rest easily unless you will keep them very long. If you researched and found out very good temporal point results of any doctor in the world, please let me know; I may have consider :)

As for Keser, I am pretty sure he can give you a good density (unless you want a low, aggressive hairline)  with 2400-2500 (possibly even less grafts) but it will take at least 4 days which may be a showstopper for you. Pekiner can do the same in 2 days I believe. As for donor management, I got 1700 grafts and my donor is still very strong. Other doctors would be looking to spend at least 2500 grafts for the same so I am pretty sure I saved lot of grafts in my donor for future.

Most of the doctors you are considering in Europe and US/CA are top notch ones with very good records. I would suggest you to have your HT with Dr. Couto if you can find any availability in the next several years. Dr. Konior would be another excellent choice if you can fly to US and afford. For 3000 grafts, you are looking at 18K-24K Usd depending on what you will get (Fut/Fue

Another option: Since you are in your early 30s, you might wait a couple of more years and continue researching. There is a slight chance you could lose more from forelock. 

4 hours ago, karatekid said:

Ye it is in the german forum, I sent you the links

Thank you! Like I said in the personal message. I do not agree, with your conclusion about the hairlines, but if you want a "doc does it all clinic", Feriduni is clearly not for you. No discussion needed. 

4 hours ago, karatekid said:

I really want good, dense hairline, so I think I will need even 3000+.   even if he does somehow accept this, it means 5 days procedure? sounds pretty exhausting...

I am not sure if 3000 FU is overkill for you (but I need to see more pictures). However, 3000 FUE would IMO rule out certain "Doc only" clinics (like Keser) and might be even to big for other ones for FUE (even Konior etc.). If you chose FUT (which could be a good option considering how you style your hair and considering your goals) it rules out most of the mentioned clinics IMO.

Konior, Bloxham etc. would be sth to look into for FUT as well. 

13 hours ago, Kaya said:

Hi karatekid,

If the reason for scratching out Turkey is solely based on Turkey having tons of cheap, low quality HT clinics (and that's a fact), you may be missing some A grade doctors. I will not talk about it since Portugal already mentioned those. If you have other reasons, I can't comment on those. 

If you are planing to have temporal point (side parts, under temples) work, I don't suggest any Turkish clinics. As a matter of fact, I myself was thinking of having it but I could not find any HT doctor doing a very good temporal point in the world; forget about Turkey. Because of the very fine nature with different color, temporal points will stand out from the rest easily unless you will keep them very long. If you researched and found out very good temporal point results of any doctor in the world, please let me know; I may have consider :)

As for Keser, I am pretty sure he can give you a good density (unless you want a low, aggressive hairline)  with 2400-2500 (possibly even less grafts) but it will take at least 4 days which may be a showstopper for you. Pekiner can do the same in 2 days I believe. As for donor management, I got 1700 grafts and my donor is still very strong. Other doctors would be looking to spend at least 2500 grafts for the same so I am pretty sure I saved lot of grafts in my donor for future.

Most of the doctors you are considering in Europe and US/CA are top notch ones with very good records. I would suggest you to have your HT with Dr. Couto if you can find any availability in the next several years. Dr. Konior would be another excellent choice if you can fly to US and afford. For 3000 grafts, you are looking at 18K-24K Usd depending on what you will get (Fut/Fue

Another option: Since you are in your early 30s, you might wait a couple of more years and continue researching. There is a slight chance you could lose more from forelock. 

Ye I understand the fact that I ruled out whole Turkey might be irrational, I just got a bad feeling, after hearing so many bad stuff about doctors there. But Im really trying to be open to suggestion right now, as long as it's clear that my number one factor by far is quality. price and distance are much lower.  I started researching patient cases of those docs, and see how it goes.

About temporal points - Im not sure still, it's not a must for me I guess. Something  I will need to discuss with the doctor.

Also I really dont want to wait longer, I suffered too long, I want to get my hair back on my good years. that's why Couto isnt an option.

13 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I am not sure if 3000 FU is overkill for you (but I need to see more pictures). However, 3000 FUE would IMO rule out certain "Doc only" clinics (like Keser) and might be even to big for other ones for FUE (even Konior etc.). If you chose FUT (which could be a good option considering how you style your hair and considering your goals) it rules out most of the mentioned clinics IMO.

Konior, Bloxham etc. would be sth to look into for FUT as well. 

I never mentioned I want a Doc only clinic actually. I do of course prefer that the doctor will be involved in a good part of the procedure, but the eventually it's all about the results isnt it? if a doctor deliver consistent high quality results, it is all that matter, wont you say so?

Also Im just getting more and more confused, and more and more doubts lol 🤒

One last advice from my side:

You appear to be particular anxious. Therefore for you I highly recommend to meet which several clinics in person and have them draw a hairline and discuss the plan with you. Then you can think through it looking at the pictures and re-evaluate if you are a "match" with this surgeon.

I actually recommend this to anyone. At the day of the procedure everyone is very nervous. It is a very though decision if you see your "new" hairline and the overall plan the first time at this moment. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion Gasthoerer, I will definitely do it!

Btw how important it is to the Doctor to be in the ISRHS or IAHRS lists? I see the spanish docs are not in any of them, not even Couto or Lorenzo, and other surgeons that considered world top from rest of Europe as well. Im wondering if I should put any weight on those lists when I consider a surgeon.

Edited by karatekid

33 minutes ago, karatekid said:

Btw how important it is to the Doctor to be in the ISRHS or IAHRS lists?

The only thing that is important is tons of genuine patient posted results. Have yet to find a patient who found recourse after a bad experience with a doctor thru one of those organizations. 

• Like 1

There are many excellent surgeons out there performing fantastic transformations. The key is to find who is right for you and your individual situation. This situation involves your own goals for the restoration, your hair loss pattern, your family history, your use of finasteride, and most importantly  your donor availability. A great surgeon takes all these factors into consideration before even offering an estimate. You're on the right track by reviewing as many cases as you can. This is truly the only way to see if a particular surgeon is right for you. Pay attention to patients that have a similar hair loss pattern to you and have achieved a restoration that you would be happy with. There's so many different styles and philosophies from surgeons that it can be extremely confusing. The one surgeon that I think you can't go wrong with if finances are not a concern is Dr Konior. My advice is to fill out his online consultation form from the Chicago Hair Institute. He is extremely responsive and personally reaches out to you. He is meticulous and thoughtful and won't steer you wrong. He's a master of his craft and performs both FUE and FUT at the highest level achievable with today's technologies. He's expensive and at least a 15 month waitlist but worth it if you truly want quality. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

On 1/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, Sam818 said:

The only thing that is important is tons of genuine patient posted results. Have yet to find a patient who found recourse after a bad experience with a doctor thru one of those organizations. 

Ye I thought so, thanks for confirming this to me

On 1/23/2020 at 3:19 AM, ruca2 said:

There are many excellent surgeons out there performing fantastic transformations. The key is to find who is right for you and your individual situation. This situation involves your own goals for the restoration, your hair loss pattern, your family history, your use of finasteride, and most importantly  your donor availability. A great surgeon takes all these factors into consideration before even offering an estimate. You're on the right track by reviewing as many cases as you can. This is truly the only way to see if a particular surgeon is right for you. Pay attention to patients that have a similar hair loss pattern to you and have achieved a restoration that you would be happy with. There's so many different styles and philosophies from surgeons that it can be extremely confusing. The one surgeon that I think you can't go wrong with if finances are not a concern is Dr Konior. My advice is to fill out his online consultation form from the Chicago Hair Institute. He is extremely responsive and personally reaches out to you. He is meticulous and thoughtful and won't steer you wrong. He's a master of his craft and performs both FUE and FUT at the highest level achievable with today's technologies. He's expensive and at least a 15 month waitlist but worth it if you truly want quality. 

Thanks for the insight.  Although I didnt review lots of Konior cases, the ones that I did look impressive, however as we Hasson, the major problem for me it's the distance. If he requires face to face consultation it will be even bigger problem...

Another thing I wanted to get opinion on - I was researching lots of De Freitas cases, and it seems that he often take grafts from donor area that expand maybe too much to the sides, which might be unsafe zone (?). look at those pictures for example:

one_1.jpg.a762ea514b50042c7cd291136586a8b6.jpgone.jpg.cc3d8920ebc37e8d71dea4677483c1b9.jpg

is it just me or he really goes too much to the side?  The result in this case was amazing by the way, but of course it's not the point, the question is if those grafts will survive in long term.

Damn as I keep reviewing patients results Im getting more and more skeptical. Until I already set up my mind on a specific doc I see a series of not-so-good cases. It seems like even the best docs have not so low percentage of unsatisfied / partially satisfied patients...   

It seems like no matter which doc I choose, at the end of the day I will have to pray really hard to god for a success... 

Sorry for rant guys

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 6:14 PM, karatekid said:

@Egy well, I dont know, of course I dont want to diss all Turkey doctors, but I just read alot that there is more like a hit or miss there. the results are not consistent, occasionly butcher jobs, clinics ran by technicians, doctors do several patients a day, feel like manufactory pipeline.  All this is just generalization and probably not true for all clinics there, but I just became kinda anti for turkey clinics, and stop researching results from there. 

But, if the experts here really think it worth checking, I would definitely do that. But, I want to emphasize that my first consideration BY FAR is quality result. And it might sound stupid but I dont think I could handle a failed procedure.

Karatekid. Can you me where these bad results of hattingen are? I cant find many patient posted results.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Carjoca said:

@karatekid regarding Hattingen, yes they are a couple and as far as I know the female Dr. is basically doing the FUE. I would recommend that you contact them for a consultation as they offer this online also in English and Dr. Muresanu is the right one who can give you all the answers to your questions. As for results you can also request them online via the Hattingen homepage. I can also share via PM a link to the german speaking forum I know they are a bit more represented where you can browse through and maybe also ask for feedback from the forum (give it a go in English, some might reply to you in English as well)

Heitmann you can also find results in the forum I share with you, some cases are also here in this forum I saw, just search for his name.

Feriduni I recently have only seen FUE results so can‘t really comment on FUT - but seeing his high standards I would be surprised if they would not be top-notch as well...

All the best

Carjoca

Hi! Re. Hattingen: This is not true - Dr Laura does the incisions and oversees the implants where as Dr Sever does the strip removal and hairline design. 

On 1/28/2020 at 3:14 PM, karatekid said:

Damn as I keep reviewing patients results Im getting more and more skeptical. Until I already set up my mind on a specific doc I see a series of not-so-good cases. It seems like even the best docs have not so low percentage of unsatisfied / partially satisfied patients...   

It seems like no matter which doc I choose, at the end of the day I will have to pray really hard to god for a success... 

Sorry for rant guys

Once you start to dig deep, you will find everything, and that's a good thing! Nobody is perfect, but everyone is good as something.
You need to get as much info as possible about every single doctor on your shortlist. Once you've got it you can evaluate what and why.
You will see some doctors are great at smaller procedures up to 2000 grafts, but when they do 4000 grafts you can find over harvesting etc. Others are doing great work at bigger numbers, but their hairline just isn't right for you.
You need to evaluate such things and find the surgeon that you think will do the best job for your particular case.

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.