Donor Area after FUE

I concur that the area looks better....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update at just past 2 months post surgery. This is under some fairly harsh lighting.

The area has continued to improve. 

I will try and keep this thread updated as it may help out others in the future to see how a donor area can recover.

Screenshot_20191212_153722.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely a significant improvement and it's still only 2 months post-op...I think it will continue to improve.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Huge improvement - and I would expect that it will just continue to get better.

Attaching pics of my donor at 4 months, 6 months, and 12 months as a reference for how mine continued to improve. I keep the sides significantly shorter now and there's never anything noticeable. 

IMG_0994.JPG

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

Attaching pics of my donor at 4 months, 6 months, and 12 months as a reference for how mine continued to improve. I keep the sides significantly shorter now and there's never anything noticeable. 

IMG_0994.JPG

How many grafts were they able to take from your donor in that photo?

3 hours ago, pkipling said:

IMG_0994.JPG

You had an artas procedure, correct?

@147break - I had 2,000 grafts via FUE

@LonelyGraft - No, mine was completely manual.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Im very happy now vs how I felt a few weeks after surgery

Ive noticed lots of pimples the last couple of weeks in my donor area, which could be due to some of the hairs coming back in. But it seems to be thickening up.

The other positive is that I am having a lot of growth in my hairline (recepient area) already and its growing in exactly the same direction as my native hair.

I will endeavour to keep this thread updated, and eventually do a full review on the clinic too once my results are in.

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Im very happy now vs how I felt a few weeks after surgery

Ive noticed lots of pimples the last couple of weeks in my donor area, which could be due to some of the hairs coming back in. But it seems to be thickening up.

The other positive is that I am having a lot of growth in my hairline (recepient area) already and its growing in exactly the same direction as my native hair.

I will endeavour to keep this thread updated, and eventually do a full review on the clinic too once my results are in.

Yes! Your donor area is recovering beautifully, and in my experience, it will just continue to thicken back up. Happy for you!

And those pimples are normal/to be expected, as you said. They'll start occurring less and less frequently with time. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for following up on this! Reading your journey makes me feel better about my own experience, where there is definitely some thinning in the donor area that is noticeable three weeks after the surgery (here). My hope is that it improves over the coming months. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tentpole91 said:

Thanks for following up on this! Reading your journey makes me feel better about my own experience, where there is definitely some thinning in the donor area that is noticeable three weeks after the surgery (here). My hope is that it improves over the coming months. 

You just need to wait it out and see, i would say your donor area looks better than mine did at 3weeks

4 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

can we see your recipient site? pre op, and current post op? everything looks great

I agree, those pics would be nice to see.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Would be nice to know which doctor as well.

• Like 1

Also, if it were me, I would wear the hair a tad bit longer in the back and not taper the bottom.

• Like 1

Gillenator