Thank You kaan Pekiner doctor

lixinfu

Hello everyone, I am a hair loss patient from China. After studying for a few months in the forum, I chose Dr. Kaan to transplant and agreed to transplant 3,000 units.  9.17 I arrived at Ankara, Turkey, and saw kaan. He hired a Chinese translator for me and it was free.  However, Dr. Kaan checked my hair and thought that I was not suitable for hair transplant and refused to transplant for me. At that time, I was very depressed and could not accept the result. The doctor said that my pillow resources were not very good.  However, I strongly urged that the transplant be continued. Dr. Kaan wanted to transplant 1000 units for me. After transplanting to 100 units, Dr. Kaan terminated the operation because my hair follicles were of poor quality.  Finally, Dr. Kaan refunded my deposit.  Thank you Dr. Kaan, he is a very responsible doctor. He didn't want to make my money. I came from far away China and knew that he is very famous. It is true, although I did not have surgery at the end, but the doctor  I was very touched by the free transfer of 100 units for me.

Now, I have accepted the result. I am a patient who is not suitable for hair transplant. My life has to continue. I will not have the illusion of hair growth in the future. I will accept my life. Finally, I chose to play in Turkey for a few days.  The scenery in Turkey is very beautiful. Thank you, Dr. Kaan, and finally sent me to the airport for free.  It can be said that Dr. Kanan saved me because if I chose another doctor, the result is doomed to be a failure.

E810BE8D-D0F2-4BF4-922C-D0CC6B7D8EFE.jpeg

E9E6B62E-45B8-4BE3-905E-DA8C43859393.jpeg

A8AEDD30-57E4-4A92-828E-701C8A8B7F42.jpeg

EFB0B498-1708-4374-887C-9FC7E0267097.jpeg

C47ED68A-BCE1-462F-A05C-05B85E0156DA.jpeg

• Like 1

I use Google Translate, my English is not very good, so the expression may not be very accurate. In short, thank you very much, Dr. Kaan, who is really a very responsible doctor.  He could have transplanted 3,000 units for me and charged me thousands of euros, but he did not.  He knew that I came from a long distance and chose him to believe him.  I have not regretted my choice, so if you want to choose a doctor with good skills in Turkey, Dr. Kaan will not regret it.

2 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

有趣!您能否详细说明为什么您不是诊所中的好人选? 

The posterior occipital resources are not abundant. Simply put, the posterior occipital hair follicles are not many

Thnk you for posting on this forum and let everyone know how ethical this doctor is, as I can understand u probably had a lot of miniaturization on the donor area and your hair transplant wouldn’t be as successful and you and the doctor would like and that’s very ethical of him he could have made so much money out of you 

Would love to hear feedback from Dr. Pekiner or his advisor about this! To untrained eye his donor looks alright.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

I too would like more information, I must say I’m very pleased that the surgeon acted ethically. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I spoke with dr. Pekiner about Lixin case.

Unfortunately most of the grafts extracted from his donor showed at least 1 hair in initial miniaturization, if not more than one. There was almost no cluster of hairs in which all of them were healthy. This means androgenetic alopecia is unfortunately diffuse, diffusing and very aggressive in Lixin case. Even the restricted safe zone under the green line showed at least one hair in miniaturization in every extracted cluster. Dr. Pekiner verified that androgenetic driven thinning is ongoing in zones 6, 7, 8 and 9, they were not usable as donor at all (areas above green line). Unfortunately it was diffusing also on the periauricular area and in restricted safe zone (10, the area under green line) in the form of DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia) and retrograde. Doing a hair transplant in this condition means that very likely the result will be spoiled in a few years if AGA progresses, because also transplanted hairs will suffer from miniaturization. Furthermore more areas, now covered with thinning hair, would go bald and shaving the head could be difficult for the patient because of the FUE extractions signs. Shock loss risk is also considerable because unhealthy hairs can fall out easily for shedding because of the trauma to the scalp caused by the surgery.

From the evaluation pictures, that dr. Pekiner checked accurately, the hair roots miniaturization was undetectable, it was noticeable only after extracting and checking the grafts. I know some doctors call this condition Hidden DUPA (or BUPA) when taking finasteride somehow disguise the severity of DUPA without stopping the miniaturization.

As far as I know dr. Pekiner suggested Lixin to try to power up the anti DHT therapy adding Dutasteride or increasing the Finasteride dosage. 1 mg finasteride daily seems not enough in his case to stop the male pattern baldness and a full Norwood 7 destiny is clear. A new check can be done in the future if he somehow manages to stop the thinning by enhancing the therapy.

norwood 7 destiny operation aborted (1).jpeg

norwood 7 destiny operation aborted (2).jpeg

zones.jpg

miniaturizzazione.jpeg

Edited by Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic

3 hours ago, Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic said:

Hello, I spoke with dr. Pekiner about Lixin case.

Unfortunately most of the grafts extracted from his donor showed at least 1 hair in initial miniaturization, if not more than one. There was almost no cluster of hairs in which all of them were healthy. This means androgenetic alopecia is unfortunately diffuse, diffusing and very aggressive in Lixin case. Even the restricted safe zone under the green line showed at least one hair in miniaturization in every extracted cluster. Dr. Pekiner verified that androgenetic driven thinning is ongoing in zones 6, 7, 8 and 9, they were not usable as donor at all (areas above green line). Unfortunately it was diffusing also on the periauricular area and in restricted safe zone (10, the area under green line) in the form of DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia) and retrograde. Doing a hair transplant in this condition means that very likely the result will be spoiled in a few years if AGA progresses, because also transplanted hairs will suffer from miniaturization. Furthermore more areas, now covered with thinning hair, would go bald and shaving the head could be difficult for the patient because of the FUE extractions signs. Shock loss risk is also considerable because unhealthy hairs can fall out easily for shedding because of the trauma to the scalp caused by the surgery.

From the evaluation pictures, that dr. Pekiner checked accurately, the hair roots miniaturization was undetectable, it was noticeable only after extracting and checking the grafts. I know some doctors call this condition Hidden DUPA (or BUPA) when taking finasteride somehow disguise the severity of DUPA without stopping the miniaturization.

As far as I know dr. Pekiner suggested Lixin to try to power up the anti DHT therapy adding Dutasteride or increasing the Finasteride dosage. 1 mg finasteride daily seems not enough in his case to stop the male pattern baldness and a full Norwood 7 destiny is clear. A new check can be done in the future if he somehow manages to stop the thinning by enhancing the therapy.

norwood 7 destiny operation aborted (1).jpeg

norwood 7 destiny operation aborted (2).jpeg

zones.jpg

miniaturizzazione.jpeg

Interesting information. All the finasteride dosage studies I’ve seen show it has a flat dose-response curve ie 1mg works as well as 5mg. What higher dosage does dr pekiner suggest?

There are several studies for everything, some people quote studies showing 0.125 finasteride lower the DHT level in a similar way to 1 mg.

Reality shows that in certain patients when 1 mg finasteride is not enough, raising the finasteride dose or adding Dutasteride 0.5 twice a week (replacing fina in those 2 days) can be effective.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pekiner Hair Clinic said:

There are several studies for everything, some people quote studies showing 0.125 finasteride lower the DHT level in a similar way to 1 mg.

Reality shows that in certain patients when 1 mg finasteride is not enough, raising the finasteride dose or adding Dutasteride 0.5 twice a week (replacing fina in those 2 days) can be effective.

Which higher dose of finasteride does dr pekiner recommend when 1mg is not effective any longer?

• 1 year later...