Swimming After HT

ag120

Your grafts settle in after 3 days as you probably know and after a week you wash the scalp very gently. Your doner region and recipent will not be back to normal so with chemicals in the swimming pool why risk any irritation? The ocean will be salty as you know so no point in risking irration there either.

All in all if you go to the trouble of having a HT there is no point taking the above activities.  Anyway the doctor who will carry out your procedure will give you the best advice . All the best with your HT.

......Paddy....

Some years ago I had a conversation with a doctor about this same subject.  There was something about being in the water for prolonged periods of time that would cause an issue....but I can't remember exactly what that was.  Perhaps a doctor can jump in and given an opinion. As long as you do not submerge your head, you should be OK....And wear sunscreen and a cap to avoid burning your scalp.

My doctor said that swimming in saltwater is one of the best things to do after a HT. Keep in mind most doctors give saline-water (cant remember the exact name) as post care which should be applied regularly and pretty much is salty water.

• Administrators
On 9/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, Ftothe said:

My doctor said that swimming in saltwater is one of the best things to do after a HT. Keep in mind most doctors give saline-water (cant remember the exact name) as post care which should be applied regularly and pretty much is salty water.

What? I'm pretty sure swimming in the ocean is one of the WORST things you can do. Who was the surgeon?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What? I'm pretty sure swimming in the ocean is one of the WORST things you can do. Who was the surgeon?

Agree....Talk about bacteria....Was't something recently in Florida about this? You just spend thousands getting this done....wait.  Plenty of time in the future to enjoy the water.  Go to the beach and sunbathe.