FAQ VID: What to Expect from your Hair Transplant "Journey" | Feller & Bloxham, NY, NYC, LI

Hi Everyone, 

Many of the members and frequent contributors to the forums are obviously very knowledgeable about the hair transplant process. At this point, it is probably difficult for most to even remember a time when they were not "fluent" in the world of hair transplant surgery. But think back to when you first discovered hair restoration or first began your own research process. It is overwhelming and many ask themselves: "Where do I even begin?" Most patients have many "frequently asked" questions about even the most basic aspects of surgery; "How is a hair transplant performed?" "What will it feel like?" "What will I look like after and when can I go back to work?" "When will I see results?" 

To try and help some of those new to the hair transplant process, I put together a video narrating one patient's "hair transplant journey" from day 0 to month 6. While it does not cover every single aspect of his process, it does touch on the highlights of what most researching patients want to know. This includes: the steps of the surgery itself and the surgical experience; the immediate post-op; getting back to work; the beloved "ugly duckling" phase; and growth and results. 

The patient in the video underwent a 2,500 graft FUT mega-session, and his 6 month results are included as well; so those who are more knowledgeable about the process may want to watch just to see these. 

Thanks for watching and commenting. I truly hope new members finds this helpful. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators

Great Video Dr. Bloxham you've been on fire lately 🙌

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you all for the kind words. I really do hope it helps. 

Dr Bloxham

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr Bloxham, you and Dr Feller were mia for a while.  Nice to see you back here and providing knowledge.  I hope it knocks some sense into the new guys researching.  

13 hours ago, Upshall said:

Man another result that makes me feel bad about my progress after 5 months...

Hi Upshall, 

Try not to be too discouraged at 5 months. I don't know anything about your case specifically, but 5 months is still very, very early. I have seen patients with very little progress at 5-6 months who end up doing very well in the end. I would say this patient is a little ahead of the "curve;" I have many guys who do not look like this at 6 months and still end up looking great by 18. 

10 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

That #2 haircut is craaazy, just goes to show how much of a non-issue FUT scarring can be with the right physiology and doctor. Here's hoping I'm so lucky in a few months

Hi Recession, 

Yes, he healed very well. While scar healing is dependent on physiology, I agree that it can be hyped online. Most patients heal very well from both types of surgery and typically still have the ability to go quite short in the back. 

Thanks for watching and commenting. 

9 hours ago, Sean said:

Dr Bloxham, you and Dr Feller were mia for a while.  Nice to see you back here and providing knowledge.  I hope it knocks some sense into the new guys researching.  

Hi Sean, 

Thank you for the kind words. Very nice to hear that people enjoy the content we share -- especially considering that we have a bit of a "backlog" and will share a lot in the near future.