Dr Cooley - 4140 FUT - December 18 2018

Great results!  That looks like a full head hair with just some slight thinning in the crown.  The way you style it also contributes to the appearance of fullness.  😎

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Wow that looks amazing, that’s interesting you noticed further thickening after 12 months, it’s great for some to see.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:01 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow that looks amazing, that’s interesting you noticed further thickening after 12 months, it’s great for some to see.

I've seen a few doctors mention that their estimate for full maturation is more like 18 months. I've also seen a few talk about the fact that as individual hair cycles normalize your result might look a little less dense around the 18 month mark because the transplanted hair has now settled into natural and irregular cycles. All this to say at 18 months you're probably seeing your "true" final result when considering these factors.

Edit: thanks to the OP for sharing the guard his hair was cut at. That's a great scar to be able to wear it at a 3. Depending on goals and available grafts you might be able to do some FUE into the scar to conceal it further if you were so inclined.

Edited by Mycroft

Thank you so much for posting at 20 months. It’s really nice for people to see that you do get further improvements after the 12 month point. It’s know for the crown to take longer. But here you show that it can apply anywhere on the scalp too. 

• Administrators

It’s true, I noticed my hair peaked at around 18 months, so it’s definitely not out of the norm. You know guys who aren’t patient though, don’t wanna hear that lol.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:46 AM, GrowingHair said:

Hello Everyone, thanks for the feedback and support throughout this process!  I wanted to post some 20 month pictures, and share some thoughts about this experience.  I have continued to notice thickening of the transplanted areas, and all areas of native hair that had shock loss are fully recovered.  I've been getting the sides cut pretty short, and only once could you see a hint of the scar - that area has healed nicely, and I'll try to post some pictures of the scar if I can get some.  I feel great about my decision to do this, and enjoy my new hair everyday.  It is amazing to have something to actually style, and when the wind blows you stop worrying about how your receding hairline or bald spot look.  My grafts were split between restoring the front hairline, and filling in the crown.  The crown, being a large challenging area as we know, has not filled in to the extent the front has, but doesn't really concern me much.  It looks so much better than it did, and under most lighting presents the illusion of being mostly full.  The front has really done well, and I have found those hairs have really thickened over the last few months in particular.  The transplanted hairs felt a little different for the first 18 months or so, like a coarse feeling, but now feel the same as everything else.  I am very pleased with Dr Cooley and his team, and will be going in for my follow-up appointment within the next few months.  I have stayed on finasteride (1/3 MWF) and Rogaine since the transplant.  No issues with either of those fortunately.  Down the road I may consider filling in the crown a bit more, and adding more to the front (to fill in the sides), but am so happy.  I feel very grateful to have the result I do.  I hope everybody is doing well with their journey, and thanks again for all of the information, help, and support. 

1470670213_IMG_1408(2).thumb.jpg.cd0993947e446e651abc5890a866d35e.jpg1968803666_IMG_1402(2).thumb.jpg.51e5233814af454cb788c22bc4bd250c.jpg1356153134_8-5-2020Top(2).thumb.jpg.7a1a91938a2559ea127f00e540738bcc.jpg

How absolutely stunning. Congratulations on such a beautiful head of hair.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ