I'm at start of month 5 after transplant and seeing very little to no growth

Is it time to panic?

I went to a very well regarded doctor (who has never shown a bad result) and had almost 4500 grafts done. I'm seeing very little to no results. It's not like I have tons of tiny short hairs that are about to start growing. This is especially troubling considering the huge number of grafts that were transplanted (my doc told me I had around 12,000 hairs transplanted)

What would you do if you were me?

Edited by AnalogFeel

Really what can you do other than speak to the doctor.  I didn't pay close attention to my first transplant, but it seemed like all of a sudden it was there, and I would guess it was at the 6 month mark.  I am at the 2 month stage right now and paying more attention this time and I am going to stop that because it will drive you crazy.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

4 hours ago, Dazed said:

Really what can you do other than speak to the doctor.  I didn't pay close attention to my first transplant, but it seemed like all of a sudden it was there, and I would guess it was at the 6 month mark.  I am at the 2 month stage right now and paying more attention this time and I am going to stop that because it will drive you crazy.

did it come as small little hairs gradually or all at once or what?

13 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

Is it time to panic?

I went to a very well regarded doctor (who has never shown a bad result) and had almost 4500 grafts done. I'm seeing very little to no results. It's not like I have tons of tiny short hairs that are about to start growing. This is especially troubling considering the huge number of grafts that were transplanted (my doc told me I had around 12,000 hairs transplanted)

What would you do if you were me?

Yes.  Despite being told literally dozens of times that you need to wait 12 months, now is the time to panic.    Don’t delay.    Panic immediately.   

• Like 1

You may be a late bloomer but still a good idea to contact your surgeon and let them know what's going on.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

3 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

did it come as small little hairs gradually or all at once or what?

As I remember it just seemed to be there at the same time.  I hope I get the same thing this time.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

1 hour ago, jj51702 said:

I want to know which doctor promises a 98% survival rate, why don’t u share his name 

Richard Keller

he said avg for good surgeons is 95 but he is closer to 98. I've never seen or heard a bad transplant by him. I figured I was a fantastic candidate because I'm young and healthy with supreme donor density

At 4.5 months it is likely you are just experiencing the start of your growth, be patient. You should start to see a noticeable difference now month by month. It's way way to early to start panicking.

1 hour ago, SBSinNYC said:

If a doctor “guaranteed” me anything, I would probably immediately cross them off my list.   There are no guarantees in surgery.  Ever.  If he really said that, it was highly unprofessional.  

I dunno if he really guaranteed it. He said that's his usual yield

i apologize, i misspoke

1 hour ago, SBSinNYC said:

If a doctor “guaranteed” me anything, I would probably immediately cross them off my list.   There are no guarantees in surgery.  Ever.  If he really said that, it was highly unprofessional.  

I dunno if he really guaranteed it. He said that's his usual yield

i apologize, i misspoke

For me its was approximately between the 5th and 7th months.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

still not much of any growth

i looked at picture of last year and i have a worse crown situation than ever before. What's weird is I started finnasteride in January of last year. I maintained pretty decent for a while with just rogaine. I'm surprised Finn hasn't helped me more