looking for opinions (pics attached)

Hey all,

I'm a 33 year old male who started noticeably balding around 24. Has gotten progressively worse since then. i use rogaine but it seems to be progressing. I tried finasteride in the past but had severe reduced libido and reduced energy in general, so i stopped it. I'm not willing to take finasteride again.  Most of the men on my moms side were pretty much bald by 30. My dads side tend to keep their hair longer into 50's and 60's.

I'm thinking about getting FUE in Turkey,  erdogan seems like a solid choice. How many grafts do you guys think I would need? Do I look a good FUE candidate?  I'm thinking 3500 to 4000 if erdogan ( he seems to harvest pretty generously)

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_9900.jpg

IMG_9902.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9913.jpg

i don’t see why you wouldn’t be a FUE candidate. You will probably get the typical 5000graft estimate from Erdogan. The tricky part with your pattern will be blending the hairline/tuff you have with the implanted hair. I’ve seen a recent post (i think by Uklad) that there was controversy over the strategy with his front tuff

• Administrators

To be honest, I’m not sure Dr. Erdogan, will take you as a patient. You are certainly a difficult case and you would require a minimum of 3 surgeries. Is there a particular reason why you want to stick with FUE

The reason I ask is that you wear your hair pretty long on the sides. At that length you could easily conceal a strip scar. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

To be honest, I’m not sure Dr. Erdogan, will take you as a patient. You are certainly a difficult case and you would require a minimum of 3 surgeries. Is there a particular reason why you want to stick with FUE

The reason I ask is that you wear your hair pretty long on the sides. At that length you could easily conceal a strip scar. 

I have a very similar hairloss pattern, not as much loss on the crown but probably would have been  if I came of proscar. However, Dr erdogan did not turn me away and estimated 5k grafts.

8 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

i don’t see why you wouldn’t be a FUE candidate. You will probably get the typical 5000graft estimate from Erdogan. The tricky part with your pattern will be blending the hairline/tuff you have with the implanted hair. I’ve seen a recent post (i think by Uklad) that there was controversy over the strategy with his front tuff

Your loss pattern is near identical to UKLad although not quite as advanced as his.  With such a big area to address you would be best off taking at least 1 decently sized FUT prior to any FUE.  You could put 2500 in the middle and 1000 in the crown and look quite good, keeping FUE to cover future loss.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You're definitely a typical and ideal Erdogan megasession patient imo. I doubt he will turn you down but for full coverage he is likely to suggest a full 5000-5500 graft which is as high as he goes in a single session.

Regarding the reference to another patient on here where the forelock didn't blend, quite frankly that is a yield or density issue (although the patient still had a few months of potential improvement left). This is not a legitimate issue in general.

Wish you had gotten on finasteride at 24, you'd probably have kept that crown and mid scalp, looks like your hairline is hanging on.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

FUT makes me nervous because if my hair transplant doesn't go well, i like having the idea of "going nuclear" and just shaving my head. An FUT scar would make that option less attractive.  

Minimum of 3 surgeries doesn't sound appealing. So you don't think a mega session with erdogan is a good idea?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, texasranger2003 said:

FUT makes me nervous because if my hair transplant doesn't go well, i like having the idea of "going nuclear" and just shaving my head. An FUT scar would make that option less attractive.  

Minimum of 3 surgeries doesn't sound appealing. So you don't think a mega session with erdogan is a good idea?

After you have surgery the idea of shaving your head is gone. The notion that FUE allows you to shave your head if it fails is a fallacy. I don’t think you’re a good candidate based on your “one and done” outlook. Having surgery is a long-term life commitment. Once you embark on this journey there is no going back. No I don’t think having a mega-session FUE is a good idea.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.