Any USA surgeon as good as Dr. Koray Erdogan?

Der3k7

Typically ARTAS uses a larger punch. However, there are some ARTAS that use a .9mm so it is plausible. With that said, I don’t believe lowering the hairline, and making it straight would be the best move. You will be using a lot of grafts unnecessarily. In order to achieve a dense natural result you may require up to 3,500 grafts. I can see why Dr. Erdogan would be concerned with scarring, this would be difficult if you already have a lot of scarring. Have you consulted with a doctor in person? I suggest using the “find a surgeon” tab on the top right corner, you can find a surgeon in your area, and set up a consultation. Best wishes

How about a hairline like this? Or even if it's not perfectly straight but definitely a lot straighter and less rounded. I would like to lower it like a centimeter if reasonable.

I need to have a consultation with erdogan cuz hes the only surgeon I want working in me because he is great and has reasonable pricing. My consultation is set up next month with him.

3dd0431847c0b77e59ecd1a90f532145.jpg.05a9f2652b139dca2298a692613c9524.jpg

• Administrators
How about a hairline like this? Or even if it's not perfectly straight but definitely a lot straighter and less rounded. I would like to lower it like a centimeter if reasonable.

I need to have a consultation with erdogan cuz hes the only surgeon I want working in me because he is great and has reasonable pricing. My consultation is set up next month with him.

That all depends on your donor area, you can still set up a consultation with another surgeon in person, just to get their professional opinion. It’s always a good idea to consult with more than one doctor. However, Dr. Erdogan, is a great choice so you’ll be in good hands.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This post asks and answers alot of the same questions that I've been wondering? I'm also hoping to schedule with Erdogan and was looking for US alternatives definitely not looking forward to traveling all the way from US to Turkey its a super hassle

Why not ask Erdogan if they could work with you to schedule your surgery and consult all in the same visit ?

This post asks and answers alot of the same questions that I've been wondering? I'm also hoping to schedule with Erdogan and was looking for US alternatives definitely not looking forward to traveling all the way from US to Turkey its a super hassle

Why not ask Erdogan if they could work with you to schedule your surgery and consult all in the same visit ?

Markee the travel is really not that bad. You will get picked up from the airport by an ASMED driver before you even step your foot outside. It really is not big of a deal. The hotel is very accommodating, the food is great. It's like a long distance travel to a spa. ASMED really reminds me of a spa. :)

Markee the travel is really not that bad. You will get picked up from the airport by an ASMED driver before you even step your foot outside. It really is not big of a deal. The hotel is very accommodating, the food is great. It's like a long distance travel to a spa. ASMED really reminds me of a spa. :)

Thanks for the reply really don't see many people here from US that actually when through made the trip to Turkey

Did you find the long plane run difficult ?

How many hours did it actually take ?

I'm from Phoenix AZ, so I flew to San Francisco (2 hours flight) and then a straight flight to Istanbul (about 10 hours flight). I picked an isle seat and it was pretty good. If you fly with Turkish Airlines (like I did), you can watch tons of movies FREE of charge. They feed you at least 3 times, the food is quite good. There are straight flights from all over US. LA, SF, NY, Chicago. You can literally pick any of them.

Make sure you pick an isle seat, especially on the way back so you can go the restroom easier to apply a spray every 3 hours.

I'm actually scheduled for a touch up procedure for May 22nd. I'll be flying on May 19th. Most flights are pretty much overnight flights, meaning you will arrive the next day (local Turkey time). You do save the day going back, arriving the same date you leave Turkey.

So in summary, the flight is not that bad, you watch few movies/TV series and you arrive. You will be greeted by one of ASMED drivers once you exit the international terminal while still being inside the building. The driver then takes you to the hotel. He actually will go inside the hotel, exchange few words with the clerk at the hotel. The clerk will ask for your passport and a credit card. You DON'T pay for your hotel stay with your card, you will pay cash to Dr. Erdogan as he has special rates for his patients. Credit card is needed only if you spend anything in the hotel like food. Food prices are really great for US people. I think the most expensive meal I've had was a steak and it ended up being about $18. Breakfast is included and has a great selection.

Good luck. :)

Thanks some really good pointers there you make the whole process sound like a mini vacation :)

Did you cover your head with any kind of hat or cap on the plane home ?

Thanks some really good pointers there you make the whole process sound like a mini vacation :)

To answer your question about why I dont do a consultation and all at once is because I already had a previous ARTAS fur hair transplant by a different surgeon. Erdogan says he must inspect me in person before he can determine if im eligible for another procedure but done by him this time. Once he inspects me in person, I plan to have the down posit ready to go and schedule my peocedure asap afterward.

I'm really hoping he says he can give me another one since the artas only used a .9mm punch on me.

It did feel like a mini vacation :)

ASMED gives you a mushroom hat, its little off putting but I rolled it up and it looked like a fedora hat. I've seen many patients at the airport on the way back who had FUE done at other clinics (I assume) and none of them covered their head. I first covered it but once I was going through security check point (you actually go through at least 3 check points) they make you take off your hat so TSA (or whatever Turkish equivalent name is) can see what's under your hat (just for about 2-3 seconds). I then decided it's not worth wearing a hat so I took it off. Nobody really cares and you will never see these people ever in your life.

I do recommend buying your own neck pillow. The one ASMED gives you is an air pillow and it runs out of air pretty quickly. I bought mine at the Istanbul airport on the way back, I think it was about $30 bucks. But you can probably get a good one cheaper on Amazon.

Good luck. :)

• Like 1

I'll keep you guys updated next month once I have my consultation about what Erdogan says. And then if I do the procedure I'll probably come back and post the after pics too. Apparently I have some of the minor white spot scarring in the donor area but barely noticeable only my barber could tell and I get a 1.5 on the back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I had the consultation with Erdogan. He said I will continue to lose through my entire crown and said I have a donor capacity of 8800, even though ice already used 2300 for my first surgery. He said even if I go completely bald I would need 8600 to cover the top of my head so I am lucky that way. He suggested we do a 5000 graft surgery to redo my hairline and throughout my entire crown and vertex and then I come back in the future as needed to do an additional 3000. My surgery is scheduled for October. Here are some pictures he took with a preliminary hairline. Hair is wet and brushed back to expose the hair loss.

_DSC3480.JPG

_DSC3484.JPG

_1.JPG

_2.JPG

_DSC3491.JPG

_DSC3493.JPG

• Like 1

I didn't catch where you're located, but I feel I should suggest Dr. Gabel out of personal experience, as I think anyone will agree he is highly respected on these boards and is quite skilled at detailed hairline creation and natural-looking density. He is located in Oregon outside of Portland. To be fair there is generally a very good selection of excellent surgeons on the board though, so I don't want to solely plug one. If I remember right, Dr. Gabel charges about $5 per FUT graft and $7 per FUE graft up to 2,000 and then $6/graft after that. Don't completely quote me there though, you'd have to call them for their most updated pricing info!. Best of luck! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Der3k7,

Personally, I am not a huge fan of ARTAS  mostly because I think it’s overhyped on some doctors websites. A picture of the machine is present and it goes on to discuss how innovative and knew it is, making it sound like it’s superior to other alternative FUE devices when in reality, a skilled and experienced surgeon using manual or powered devices will likely produce a much better and more natural looking results then someone using  ARTAS.    Now that’s not to say that I haven’t seen some good results from our physicians to use ARTAS.   However, I do believe as a device that is overhyped in general. 

That said,  Who did you decide to go to for surgery? There are a lot of outstanding hair transplant surgeons in Europe and the United States. Any of those surgeons have been mentioned above. As for who is best… A lot of that is more subjective than objective. It really depends on which doctors philosophy you agree with the most  and who you feel is producing the most natural looking results. 

I look forward to hearing about who you’ve chosen and then following your journey from beginning to end.

Best wishes,

Bill 

I posted the above before I read through the second page… But now that I’ve read through that, it sounds like you decided to proceed with Dr. Erdogan is that correct?   I feel confident that you will be in the best of hands so I hope to see you were photos and follow your progress as you go through this experience.

Best wishes,

Bill

15 minutes ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

I posted the above before I read through the second page… But now that I’ve read through that, it sounds like you decided to proceed with Dr. Erdogan is that correct?   I feel confident that you will be in the best of hands so I hope to see you were photos and follow your progress as you go through this experience.

Best wishes,

Bill

Yes I did

1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

Yes because I already had an ARTAS procedure so erdogan required to see me in person first 

Can you please PM me about your flight that you booked and how long it took etc, I would seriously appreciate it

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Personally, I am not a huge fan of ARTAS  mostly because I think it’s overhyped on some doctors websites. A picture of the machine is present and it goes on to discuss how innovative and knew it is, making it sound like it’s superior to other alternative FUE devices when in reality, a skilled and experienced surgeon using manual or powered devices will likely produce a much better and more natural looking results then someone using  ARTAS....

This is largely the impression I get, and honestly an ounce of common sense brings one to the same conclusion; a machine might be very precise and efficient, but will never have a trained surgeon's artistic eye for how to approach each individual case. The tech is wonderful, but it has a ways to go before it can really hope to rival a real live experienced surgeon.

I've already committed to erdogan. Scheduled for October. I had an artas procedure over a year ago. 

Extremely excited to get 5000 grafts dome from erdogan. My hairline aggravates me every single day. 

I'm also going to Erdogan in the same month. I think it's important to point out that when people above have talked about nothing is better than a trained surgeons eye and skill, that you realise that erdogan does zero extraction and just the insisions. Some people say insisions are most important  well they're  not. Both extractions and insisions are equally as important. If the grafts are damaged and or not separated into single hair grafts and stored correctly, you can have the best insisions but that won't count for anything if the wrong type of grafts are put in the hairline. There's nothing wrong with techs doing extractions but it is important that you and other potential patients are aware and are happy with that fact. He's had some new techs join him this month so certainly I know there will be people who would not let inexperienced techs work on them. You should confirm before hand what the experience of the techs working on your  head will be I know I certainly will.

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

I'm also going to Erdogan in the same month. I think it's important to point out that when people above have talked about nothing is better than a trained surgeons eye and skill, that you realise that erdogan does zero extraction and just the insisions. Some people say insisions are most important  well they're  not. Both extractions and insisions are equally as important. If the grafts are damaged and or not separated into single hair grafts and stored correctly, you can have the best insisions but that won't count for anything if the wrong type of grafts are put in the hairline. There's nothing wrong with techs doing extractions but it is important that you and other potential patients are aware and are happy with that fact. He's had some new techs join him this month so certainly I know there will be people who would not let inexperienced techs work on them. You should confirm before hand what the experience of the techs working on your  head will be I know I certainly will.

I'll have to check that out! But asmed always has great reviews so I'm sure the likelihood of a great result will be high

Yes I agree you can't argue with the great results he has. It's just important to know who exactly is going to be touching your head and the level of experience they have. You've already been messed up once challenge them ask questions this is your head.

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

Yes I agree you can't argue with the great results he has. It's just important to know who exactly is going to be touching your head and the level of experience they have. You've already been messed up once challenge them ask questions this is your head.

Yeah I just asked then about it