hair transplant in Turkey

hello Mike, I'm sorry but I had explained myself badly, I had only said that and it is spread in Italy as you said you. However, I do not want to go into this discussion but just say I'm not promoting the surgeon. I'm just saying that I have seen results and seen for months operations already 'done meeting people who have done (including people I know very well), because for me the transplant is very important making me many problems for hair loss. I'm very fussy and I always try to see very deeply before doing something. In general I do not like when they sell you the same product with quality at a much higher price. The relationship quality - price, after several positive feedback, led me to book my transplant with the clinic of Dr. Serkan and I'll' know the sequel. Thank you

well you said you were here to study options and now you say you've booked but whatever the case best of luck in your transplant! I hope you do share your patient experience here, if this doctor is good and you get an excellent result it will only help others to see it play out with an updated log of your journey.

Hi Donald,

I do not want to come across as someone who is always contradicting your arguments but I really believe this discussion may be useful not only to prospective patients of Dr. Serkan Aygin but for every other person interested in a hair transplant.

So, you are always saying that the top doctors charge way too much than they should and in turn Dr. Serkan Aygin just charges the right price as if this was not a business like any other and Dr. Serkan was like a good Samaritan doing this just for the sake of helping others, this sounds like bullshit to me!

Besides that, it seems to me the definition of right price for you is the cheapest one and following that train of thought, then, all the top doctors are manipulating the hair transplant market by working together in order to rise the price. For me, Dr. Serkan is clearly the outlier here and not the other way around.

Nevertheless, I just want to finish off my intervention in this thread with this thought-provoking question:

"Would not you find it suspicious if someone tried to sell you a Ferrari for the price of a Ford?"

Finally, do not get me wrong, I am just arguing against your arguments not against you. So, once again, if you do go ahead with the surgery, please, create a thread in order to share your experience with everyone else.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Hi Donald,

I do not want to come across as someone who is always contradicting your arguments but I really believe this discussion may be useful not only to prospective patients of Dr. Serkan Aygin but for every other person interested in a hair transplant.

So, you are always saying that the top doctors charge way too much than they should and in turn Dr. Serkan Aygin just charges the right price as if this was not a business like any other and Dr. Serkan was like a good Samaritan doing this just for the sake of helping others, this sounds like bullshit to me!

Besides that, it seems to me the definition of right price for you is the cheapest one and following that train of thought, then, all the top doctors are manipulating the hair transplant market by working together in order to rise the price. For me, Dr. Serkan is clearly the outlier here and not the other way around.

Nevertheless, I just want to finish off my intervention in this thread with this thought-provoking question:

"Would not you find it suspicious if someone tried to sell you a Ferrari for the price of a Ford?"

Finally, do not get me wrong, I am just arguing against your arguments not against you. So, once again, if you do go ahead with the surgery, please, create a thread in order to share your experience with everyone else.

Cheers,

utxeee.

This isn't a defense of Aygin I don't know his work, but your analogy shows a lack of understanding of the underlying economics here.

Wages and rent in Turkey are a tenth of what they are in New York for example, and on top of that from a regulatory perspective for FUE the surgeon doesn't have to be involved in extractions as in the US. All of a sudden providing a transplant at a tenth of the cost of a US surgeon is possible in USD terms, and they also don't have to deal with a significantly slowed procedure due to larger surgeon involvement and fatigue.

To be honest I see better work from a lot of these budget Turkish FUE surgeons than the vast majority of US surgeons doing FUE. There's no magical secret sauce that Western surgeons have that cheaper Indian or Turkish options can't provide at a cheaper price. Not recommending anyone go to them and they should do their own research, but this has nothing to do with the analogy of selling a Ferrari for the price of a Ford. Its just basic economics.

I don't think most US surgeons are overcharging necessarily, but they're influenced by their location in how cheaply they can provide adequate service and the price that consumers are willing to pay, and that makes them charge comparatively high globally. The fact is that a Turkish surgeon can provide equal service for substantially cheaper costs for economic reasons.

Hi JeanLDD,

Even though I agree globally with what you have said, the economical aspect was just one more that work against Dr. Serkan Aygin.

Turkish doctors are know to charge significantly less than other top european surgeons and Dr. Serkan Aygin charges about a third of renowned turkish surgeons - still seems suspicious to me and on top of that we have no significant sample size for assessing his work together with some documented evidences that his work and his clinic are far from what one would expect.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Hi JeanLDD,

Even though I agree globally with what you have said, the economical aspect was just one more that work against Dr. Serkan Aygin.

Turkish doctors are know to charge significantly less than other top european surgeons and Dr. Serkan Aygin charges about a third of renowned turkish surgeons - still seems suspicious to me and on top of that we have no significant sample size for assessing his work together with some documented evidences that his work and his clinic are far from what one would expect.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Still considering the regulatory and economic issues the price doesn't seem too low just based on the numbers, its a similar price to others like Cinic, Acar, Demisroy etc. The average American salary is about $25 per hour, in Turkey its about $2. There's nothing suspicious going on here as to why procedures can be offered so cheap.

The sample size problem you mention is a much more valid reason.

Hi utxeee, I do not want to defend Aygin but you're referring to a few posts posted here and from my side I met many more 'people who did it and they had a great time. Simply here it is little known to me and has been cataloged in a way because it is inconvenient for the price. Anyway, he can tell you.

there are lots of positive reviews and also on facebook will it be a coincidence that Erdogan for example is followed by 700 people and serkan by 345000? Do not look for fur in the egg. I do not say that erdogan is not good but I would not read a negative review to get an idea. Believe me to go there 'I'm not crazy but I did a search for a year about wanting to meet people who did it.For the price the difference is that other clinics PAY FOR GRAFT and he makes a FIXED PRICE regardless of GRAFT. How to sell the same ferrari by piece or in its totality. This is when we compare between the Turkish clinics. If we compare with the clinics of other countries, I agree with that supported by Jean.

With the same article we say a payment in pieces in this world I would not consider it very honest for the customer and a lot of inconvenience for the competition. I am of this opinion

Hi JeanLDD,

Cheers,

utxeee.

Edited by Donald

I went in Instanbul to Serkan Clinic.

Fantastic. 2600 EUR 4300 bulbs

No traces, no problem, no pain.

I don't need the second one, but if i will,

i'l come back for sure and...running

By the way, his OPPONENTS, should just s**** his d***

because they are more expensive and not so proof.

30.000 FUE during 3 years. More than all FUE of the rest of clinics in the world.

Shut up and suffer in silence your bad choise.

Serkan Aigyn. Remember:

"Only the best, and f*** the rest".

JeanLDD,

I must beg to differ on this, you are right only partially because despite being true everything you said about regulatory and economic issues, I do not consider any of those surgeons you mention top surgeons, as a matter of fact, I would only consider Erdogan in Turkey.

Anyway, I believe both of us got our point across, so, it is up to prospective patients take this info into account and decide consciously.

Cheers,

utxeee.

everyone his opinion. I would never go to spend on graft to get a great product with another clinic

JeanLDD,

I must beg to differ on this, you are right only partially because despite being true everything you said about regulatory and economic issues, I do not consider any of those surgeons you mention top surgeons, as a matter of fact, I would only consider Erdogan in Turkey.

Anyway, I believe both of us got our point across, so, it is up to prospective patients take this info into account and decide consciously.

Cheers,

utxeee.

JeanLDD,

Cheers,

utxeee.

I wouldn't say they're "top" surgeons, just fairly well known Turkish surgeons with large bodies of competent work at very cheap prices ($2-3000) for a procedure. Work that fares well compared to the average FUE surgeon worldwide, including the US despite the price.

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 6:35 AM, JeanLDD said:

I wouldn't say they're "top" surgeons, just fairly well known Turkish surgeons with large bodies of competent work at very cheap prices ($2-3000) for a procedure. Work that fares well compared to the average FUE surgeon worldwide, including the US despite the price.

well said 

• Administrators
On 4/19/2018 at 12:38 PM, marceloakadanno said:

I went in Instanbul to Serkan Clinic.

Fantastic. 2600 EUR 4300 bulbs

No traces, no problem, no pain.

I don't need the second one, but if i will,

i'l come back for sure and...running

By the way, his OPPONENTS, should just s**** his d***

because they are more expensive and not so proof.

30.000 FUE during 3 years. More than all FUE of the rest of clinics in the world.

Shut up and suffer in silence your bad choise.

Serkan Aigyn. Remember:

"Only the best, and f*** the rest".

This is your first post, as they say pictures are worth a thousand words. Also, your claims sound like marketing and advertising. I highly doubt you are a genuine patient, but maybe you’ll prove me weong by providing your before and after pictures.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.