hair transplant in Turkey

• 1 month later...
I am curious. Everyone recommends Erdogan or Keser in Turkey, but Keser is not on the recommended surgeons list. Yaman is on the list, but no one seems to recommend him.

What gives?

A doctor has to choose to undergo the approval process and once approved by the forum members they have to pay to be on the list...some docs don't want their work scrutanized, some docs don't want to pay or they're already in demand enough that they don't need to. Whatever their reasons that is there choice but that doesn't mean we can't still think highly of them or recommend them to other patients. The approved list is a good starting reference point to begin your search but it is not the end all be all list of elite surgeons and not everybody on it is an elite surgeon.

• 1 month later...

The best doctor for me in Turkey is Doctor Serkan Aygin and all say this in Turkey.

Hi,

I am planning to do my second hair transplant procedure in turkey.

Do you have any recommendation on which doctor is the best.

In Europe and in Turkey all speak good about Serkan Aygin . Why do u say this?

you said he's the best in turkey and they all say that there, we've had a Turk come on here and say the opposite, he's not very popular among Turkish patients, he has a small following in the Italian forum but if you follow it, you'll see it's way behind the likes of dr Koray and Keser and even Pekkiner at this stage. If you're a fan of his work fair enough, if you think he's the best in turkey, that's your opinion but don't try to promote him by saying that everybody is saying the same as you are because we know it's not true. I'm not saying anything negative about the doctor I'm just saying not everybody is saying what you're saying so it is disingenuous to say that.

they speak a lot of media in various European countries and I know that they went actors and soccer players and I do not think they go from the first that happens. I'm not a fan because it does not cost me anything to say otherwise but talking to Europeans and Arabs themselves tell me it's him. I talked to people who were in other clinics and had to go to him to rearrange the donor area. I'm getting a lot of interest because I have to do the transplant and not a few people have recommended it.

you said he's the best in turkey and they all say that there, we've had a Turk come on here and say the opposite, he's not very popular among Turkish patients, he has a small following in the Italian forum but if you follow it, you'll see it's way behind the likes of dr Koray and Keser and even Pekkiner at this stage. If you're a fan of his work fair enough, if you think he's the best in turkey, that's your opinion but don't try to promote him by saying that everybody is saying the same as you are because we know it's not true. I'm not saying anything negative about the doctor I'm just saying not everybody is saying what you're saying so it is disingenuous to say that.
Edited by Donald

they speak a lot of media in various European countries and I know that they went actors and soccer players and I do not think they go from the first that happens. I'm not a fan because it does not cost me anything to say otherwise but talking to Europeans and Arabs themselves tell me it's him

you know how? which soccer players and actors have named him as their doc?

How are you talking to so many euros and arabs about this doc? which forum are you talking to them on? lets see this feedback?

I've been around multiple forums for years now and I haven't seen anybody say he's the best doc in Turkey, not once til you so you can understand my skepticism. If you got info that tells me otherwise I'm happy to hear it

Mike I have not talked about it in the forum because this is the first one that I signed up to consult myself better and I thank you too. I immediately got interested in Turkey because they talk about it for eyes and transplants hair. I know because I travel to Europe often for work. I can give you an example of a player like the Brazilian Mancini and I have seen Italian actors. If you want, I'll show you the videos i found but they're not in English but you can clearly see the doctor's logo. I understand your skepticism because otherwise I would not be so interested to know to see where to make my transplant.

you know how? which soccer players and actors have named him as their doc?

How are you talking to so many euros and arabs about this doc? which forum are you talking to them on? lets see this feedback?

I've been around multiple forums for years now and I haven't seen anybody say he's the best doc in Turkey, not once til you so you can understand my skepticism. If you got info that tells me otherwise I'm happy to hear it

Edited by Donald

Donald, if that’s the surgeon you want to go with it’s your decision in the end. Mike was just giving his opinion of what he’s heard or seen to help you make an informed choice. Personally, I’ve never really heard of him but that doesn’t mean he’s not skilled. Good luck.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Hi there,

Just want to add some info to this discussion as I have been recommended by a friend to this doctor and I did my research. This is what I have just found:

[*]Poor clinic conditions mainly when compared to the publicly advertised

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172673-planning-doing-fue-transplant-dr-serkan-aygin-2.html

[*]Bad reviews of his work as well as poor post surgery care

https://www.realself.com/forum/heard-dr-serkan-aygin-turkey

Based on this data I do not find myself that much confident in risking a surgery like this at the hands of Dr. Serkan but this is always a personal decision.

As the HRN's mantra goes, please, DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Cheers.

Thanks Razzy, it's very kind of you

Donald, if that’s the surgeon you want to go with it’s your decision in the end. Mike was just giving his opinion of what he’s heard or seen to help you make an informed choice. Personally, I’ve never really heard of him but that doesn’t mean he’s not skilled. Good luck.

Hi, what has been reported is the first time I hear it and in Europe I have only had positive feedback from this doctor, indeed they have advised me in many.

I am doing a lot of research and talking to many people because I have heard that in some clinics some patients have left scars in the donor area and this doctor has also guaranteed this. It can be inconvenient because in addition to ensuring quality (as I was told) it is perhaps also one of the cheapest from what it would seem. I'll go and I'll let you know why I'm very convinced and will definitely update you. Of course I will not go directly contacting them but turning to an agency (because I see there are many) so I address them and they can follow me. Obviously I'm talking about Fue and not about Fut because I do not like taking the layer. Thank you very much.

Here for example speak good about this http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187212-4500-graft-dr-serkan-aygin-turkey.html

Hi there,

Just want to add some info to this discussion as I have been recommended by a friend to this doctor and I did my research. This is what I have just found:

[*]Poor clinic conditions mainly when compared to the publicly advertised

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172673-planning-doing-fue-transplant-dr-serkan-aygin-2.html

[*]Bad reviews of his work as well as poor post surgery care

https://www.realself.com/forum/heard-dr-serkan-aygin-turkey

Based on this data I do not find myself that much confident in risking a surgery like this at the hands of Dr. Serkan but this is always a personal decision.

As the HRN's mantra goes, please, DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Cheers.

Edited by Donald

Hi Donald,

Well, I would not risk a surgery with a Doctor who has no proven history record besides one testimonial here and there, it is very suspicious to say the least.

Besides that, you get what you pay for, so think twice before making a decision you may regret in the future. If I were you I would save some money and then have the surgery with a top surgeon like Dr. Erdogan, Bisanga, Lorenzo or Couto.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Hi Utxeee, for me it's exactly the opposite from what I've been told. As Mike said in Italy, Doctor Serkan Aygin is very widespread and now in Spain (I did a lot of research) and it seems strange to me that a country like Italy where the first thing they look at is the appearance all go speak only of him. On the contrary, I think the opposite is exactly the opposite, which risks only throwing more money to pay more. I was seeing yesterday that Serkan gives even a guarantee and so I think he is sure of his job. Even your friend has spoken to you well from what you said, I would trust more than a friend than a review on a forum. The review comes from an English user, coincidentally it was the first country in the European world before the spread of Turkey itself. I'm studying a lot about where to go because it's 10 years since I'm having problems and I decided to leave.

Hi Donald,

Well, I would not risk a surgery with a Doctor who has no proven history record besides one testimonial here and there, it is very suspicious to say the least.

Besides that, you get what you pay for, so think twice before making a decision you may regret in the future. If I were you I would save some money and then have the surgery with a top surgeon like Dr. Erdogan, Bisanga, Lorenzo or Couto.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Hi Donald,

I just wanted to warn you that you should really think twice before picking a surgeon even more when you pay far less when compared to other top surgeons.

But if you have already seen good results and did your research then go for it.

Please, let us know how it went if you decide to go ahead with the surgery.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Hi utxeee, I would not just evaluate the price but for quality and on this I trust the different newspaper articles and the opinion had met more than one person who did it. Every time I travel to Europe for work, it's always my thought. Ok I think I'll be leaving next month and then I'll let you know.

Thank you very very kind

Hi Donald,

I just wanted to warn you that you should really think twice before picking a surgeon even more when you pay far less when compared to other top surgeons.

But if you have already seen good results and did your research then go for it.

Please, let us know how it went if you decide to go ahead with the surgery.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Isn’t doctor Seygan the dermatologist that runs a hair transplant mill? That doesn’t do anything but draw ur hairline ? Doesn’t do extractions, implanting or even the hirlone incision .. he just draws ur hairline with a pen .. did u not read the other posts of his clinic ? Or the undercover YouTube video of his clinic ? I be scared as fuk to go there ..

It's a question I asked also to those who left, but now it has a much more extensive clinic with a crazy flow from Europe. I'm going there because in Europe anyone recommended me and I saw the results with my own eyes and I talked to someone who even had to turn to him for past damage. I'm pretty much convinced that in the United States it is not so widespread but opposed by a competition for low prices. I am convinced because I have seen everything with my own eyes from people who have done it and found themselves well. And as already said in Italy are based a lot on appearance and I saw that even a player and an actor have turned there. I also talked with an Italian friend who told me and translated a television program where they talk about fake and he spoke only well. I'm not a masokist, I'm referring to truths seen with my own eyes.

I do not say that Erdogan or others are bad (I'm talking about them because I would only do it in Turkey as a country specialized in transplants) but I'm not going to spend the triple to get the same or maybe higher quality. Of course I would not go alone but leaning on some local agency to get me a constant assistance.

Isn’t doctor Seygan the dermatologist that runs a hair transplant mill? That doesn’t do anything but draw ur hairline ? Doesn’t do extractions, implanting or even the hirlone incision .. he just draws ur hairline with a pen .. did u not read the other posts of his clinic ? Or the undercover YouTube video of his clinic ? I be scared as fuk to go there ..

Hi Utxeee, for me it's exactly the opposite from what I've been told. As Mike said in Italy, Doctor Serkan Aygin is very widespread and now in Spain (I did a lot of research) and it seems strange to me that a country like Italy where the first thing they look at is the appearance all go speak only of him. On the contrary, I think the opposite is exactly the opposite, which risks only throwing more money to pay more. I was seeing yesterday that Serkan gives even a guarantee and so I think he is sure of his job. Even your friend has spoken to you well from what you said, I would trust more than a friend than a review on a forum. The review comes from an English user, coincidentally it was the first country in the European world before the spread of Turkey itself. I'm studying a lot about where to go because it's 10 years since I'm having problems and I decided to leave.

DO NOT put words in my mouth, I said he has a small following on the italian forum, he is NOT the most popular doctor with Italians, the majority are still using better known world respected surgeons, what Dr Aygin is, is cheap and that will attract the desperate but he isn't getting the guys who aren't budget conscious...and please stop trying to sell him as the choice of the fashionable Italians, you're coming across as a shill. He is a non option to the Spaniards, they have the best docs in the world on their doorstep...a few might consider him if they are the financially challenged but he's not even on the radar for most that is fact.

Don't be naively fooled into thinking the guarantee means you're getting excellent work. Every clinic says these kind of things. You're going to a tech mill with techs of unknown experience, if they butcher you once, what good does them saying come in a 2nd time let us use up the rest of your donors do for you? I'm not saying they will but you have to understand that their goal is to get you in the door and extract money, if the clinic is honorable they stand behind you good or bad but the bad ones you have little recourse with and they can promise you the moon...it's the wild west in turkey, trust the track records not the words.

We trust forum reviews here not words of a friend because we can't authenticate if you have a friend or not but somebody sharing their patient experience is unbiased, they went to the doctor and they are giving you the good the bad and the ugly...if it turns out great we see it unfold if it doesn't we see that too.

I have to say, you don't sound like you're here studying your options it sounds like you're here promoting...every time somebody questions anything about this doc you have an answer...everything brought up by the members has been a legit concern and you return to your talking points...if you want to use him and you feel comfortable the best thing you can do is go use him and come back and post your patient experience, let the work speak for him, but don't try to sell him with the everyone says this about him and the most fashionable people are using him and he's got A list celeb clients, it's all marketing nonsense and doesn't make up for not having real feedback from real patients.

Edited by mikeyhwk

hello Mike, I'm sorry but I had explained myself badly, I had only said that and it is spread in Italy as you said you. However, I do not want to go into this discussion but just say I'm not promoting the surgeon. I'm just saying that I have seen results and seen for months operations already 'done meeting people who have done (including people I know very well), because for me the transplant is very important making me many problems for hair loss. I'm very fussy and I always try to see very deeply before doing something. In general I do not like when they sell you the same product with quality at a much higher price. The relationship quality - price, after several positive feedback, led me to book my transplant with the clinic of Dr. Serkan and I'll' know the sequel. Thank you

DO NOT put words in my mouth, I said he has a small following on the italian forum, he is NOT the most popular doctor with Italians, the majority are still using better known world respected surgeons, what Dr Aygin is, is cheap and that will attract the desperate but he isn't getting the guys who aren't budget conscious...and please stop trying to sell him as the choice of the fashionable Italians, you're coming across as a shill. He is a non option to the Spaniards, they have the best docs in the world on their doorstep...a few might consider him if they are the financially challenged but he's not even on the radar for most that is fact.

Don't be naively fooled into thinking the guarantee means you're getting excellent work. Every clinic says these kind of things. You're going to a tech mill with techs of unknown experience, if they butcher you once, what good does them saying come in a 2nd time let us use up the rest of your donors do for you? I'm not saying they will but you have to understand that their goal is to get you in the door and extract money, if the clinic is honorable they stand behind you good or bad but the bad ones you have little recourse with and they can promise you the moon...it's the wild west in turkey, trust the track records not the words.

We trust forum reviews here not words of a friend because we can't authenticate if you have a friend or not but somebody sharing their patient experience is unbiased, they went to the doctor and they are giving you the good the bad and the ugly...if it turns out great we see it unfold if it doesn't we see that too.

I have to say, you don't sound like you're here studying your options it sounds like you're here promoting...every time somebody questions anything about this doc you have an answer...everything brought up by the members has been a legit concern and you return to your talking points...if you want to use him and you feel comfortable the best thing you can do is go use him and come back and post your patient experience, let the work speak for him, but don't try to sell him with the everyone says this about him and the most fashionable people are using him and he's got A list celeb clients, it's all marketing nonsense and doesn't make up for not having real feedback from real patients.