Multi Unit Hair Grafting Procedure

My nonprofessional opinion thinks this looks like necrosis. Definitely have it checked asap.

Where is the doc? He needs to give you medical advice based on the pics.

Lack of judgement or advice in a Situation like this can be no good. It can cause more harm and become a liability for doc. The doc that worked on you needs to confirm if that is necrosis or not in writing. Any delay, it can be a problem and Hospital docs can confirm what it is. Time is of the essence..

I hope your situation improves. Best of luck.

Things like this really upset a lot of folks.

I have been to the office many times getting reassured each time that I will have fine results in the end. They have recommended a hair laser treatment to expedite the healing and even offering it at NO COST- generous right?

At this point I do not trust their advice or care.

This transplant is going to put you in a worse condition than you started. By looking at the pictures the whole top of your head is going to be scar tissue. My guess your so called shockloss is going to end up being permanent. Your infection is necrosis and this can get worse unless you get PROPER medical advice and medication.

There is a point where it is not your fault but after all the advise from posters that have nothing to gain you still listen to the doctor, I start to worry for you.

I am sorry you are going through this. I hope in the future you will be able to be repaired. This is as bad as a hair transplant gets and your doctor needs to get his medical licence revoked.

Sorry for being harsh but there are two sides to every story and maybe your doctor can explain why this is a good transplant. This is my advice and I am not a doctor.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The before picture was taken at the doctor’s office and are straight from the file. Scalp immediately following the surgery-a few hours afterwards taken at home.

While I agree with everyone's advice that you are in dire need of competent medical care, do you care to explain how your hair went from dark black immediately before the surgery, to gray immediately post-op? This makes no sense. My apologies if I'm missing something.

The before picture was taken at the doctor’s office and are straight from the file. Scalp immediately following the surgery-a few hours afterwards taken at home.
When was this alleged procedure done? That photo of your supposed pre op is clearly not a digital photo and even has a crease in it and has been drawn on in a very dated fashion.

And as another poster has noted you're clearly two different ages in the pre and post op pictures.

What's the real story here? The photographs are a little suspicious.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I am convinced that the fact that this is such a disturbing case would make anyone question the authenticity of my pictures although it is extremely disheartening added to what I have been through.

As I previously stated the before picture is straight from the doc’s office file, written on by the consultant and printed on regular 8x11 paper from a laser printer. I then took a picture of this paper to post it. (I requested a full copy of my file from the doctor for review.) Every other picture I have posted was taken by my iphone which is much clearer and best quality.

These are pics from day 5 and you can see how much more hair i had -it seems mostly the gray ones wanted to stick around.��

When was this alleged procedure done? That photo of your supposed pre op is clearly not a digital photo and even has a crease in it and has been drawn on in a very dated fashion.

And as another poster has noted you're clearly two different ages in the pre and post op pictures.

While I agree with everyone's advice that you are in dire need of competent medical care, do you care to explain how your hair went from dark black immediately before the surgery, to gray immediately post-op? This makes no sense. My apologies if I'm missing something.

05E05B3F-4D4C-4739-BD4B-A31C7FA63C3A.thumb.jpg.65c5abbc2c0410da09656f2692a7d525.jpg

063089E4-EAB6-4E39-9123-202C9876629D.thumb.jpg.2d4ec931df40fa3ba28e9e9f33576578.jpg

Edited by Researchinghelp

Day 9 after visit to the clinic, hair wash, debridement, given antibiotics but told “it was not an infection” what the hell? No physician at the clinic to examine because he is back in New York. I sought after another docs opinion who is a friend of the clinic’s director(didn’t know that when I booked)- he said it wasn’t infected but gave me topical spray.

**this was 3 weeks ago and yes I know it was clearly infected. These people clearly are trying to cover themselves.

DDCCCE91-80FC-4A38-90F4-F854722E9FD0.thumb.jpg.fe48e1696cb4c2c5c971b27091a993be.jpg

DCE12A2B-F860-40EC-A62B-EEE9E3A2ED60.thumb.jpg.43de206382efc9ad3a4f1491e7c8f6d4.jpg

There is a point where you need to take some responsibility. Not for this transplant but not getting another doctors opinion or going to the hospital. What does it hurt to see someone that is not connected to the clinic? From what you have posted and photos you have shown these people appear to be incompetent that you are dealing with. I would not believe a word they say. Good luck!

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

There is a point where you need to take some responsibility. Not for this transplant but not getting another doctors opinion or going to the hospital. What does it hurt to see someone that is not connected to the clinic? From what you have posted and photos you have shown these people appear to be incompetent that you are dealing with. I would not believe a word they say. Good luck!

Thank you. Day 9 is when I went to a completely separate hair surgeon not affiliated with PAI- once we got into the office he stated he was a friend of the clinic director and to tell him we had been there which seemed a little odd. He said it looks yucky but not infected. After having another hair surgeon reassure me that this would be ok eventually after the antibiotics and in time, I didn’t really think about going to anyone else. At this point, 5 weeks after procedure, after debridement and antibiotics the scabs are almost completely gone and I am left with the extensive shock loss and just waiting to see what the final results will yield.

6F8D530C-8486-4BA0-8C6E-A37962603F16.thumb.jpg.62cd77fb94a80367bb16422f67ee076b.jpg

This looks much better. Now you need to work hard and save your money, you will need to be repaired in the future.. I wish you the best.

Really sorry for what you have been through, so to make it clear you say the separate surgeon you went to see was a friend of the clinic director of the clinic where you had the transplant ?, surely you realise for any legal case you may take out against the clinic you should have got an independent medical assessment by a doctor on record , well you have pics, I would still go and get it checked out .

That and the fact that all the other work of Pawlinga seems to be strong and using true follicular units and this is entirely different is definitely sus too. Who knows though.

If not, this needs a refund, or otherwise a lawsuit.

That and the fact that all the other work of Pawlinga seems to be strong and using true follicular units and this is entirely different is definitely sus too. Who knows though.

If not, this needs a refund, or otherwise a lawsuit.

What do you mean by “this being entirely different than using truly follicular units?” What does it look like he used?

What is the last case you have seen of this doc?

What do you mean by “this being entirely different than using truly follicular units?” What does it look like he used?

What is the last case you have seen of this doc?

Just those from his forum recommendation, but those are with modern techniques, what you received doesn't look like it and "multi unit grafts" and "minigrafts" which you say you got haven't been used by serious transplant surgeons for fifteen years. The other Pawlinga cases are clearly proper follicular unit cases which is as they occur naturally.

These are medieval techniques that shouldn't exist anymore.

This case is really the worst I have ever seen and this clinic should be burned down to the ground.

Actually if you go to their webpage you can clearly see this clinic is a fake if you spent a little time for research in forums like this.

But Lorenzo is also right: As a patient you have to take care of yourself and take some responsibility. How can you go to such a clinic and then listen to their advice after (!) such an outcome. Even a blind man sees that there are several nasty infections. You do not need to be a medical doctor.

Wonder where the mods are? No comment from them on this case and a doc which was recommended or in discussion to be recommended. Where is that supposed teacher Beehner?

This case is really the worst I have ever seen and this clinic should be burned down to the ground.

Actually if you go to their webpage you can clearly see this clinic is a fake if you spent a little time for research in forums like this.

But Lorenzo is also right: As a patient you have to take care of yourself and take some responsibility. How can you go to such a clinic and then listen to their advice after (!) such an outcome. Even a blind man sees that there are several nasty infections. You do not need to be a medical doctor.

Wonder where the mods are? No comment from them on this case and a doc which was recommended or in discussion to be recommended. Where is that supposed teacher Beehner?

What do you mean the clinic is a fake? How Can I tell?

IMO, You should print all documentation including postings and see an outside doc that does not know the doctor. You should say you got a hair transplant and not mention from whom and get pics reviewed and current state evaluated. See if you can meet a dermatologist for consult and discuss the issue prior to meeting that doc.

Document your progress clearly month to month for your own records.

Get your med records and photos from clinic for your own records.

Hope things turn out as you expected them. Best wishes.

I agree there is a bit of this story that either doesn't make sense or I do not fully understand. I wish the doctor that was recommended and trained by a reputable doctor would post a reply concerning this case.

What do you mean the clinic is a fake? How Can I tell?

Just go to the webpage and read how the try to sell their "trademark method". Does this poor description convice you? Especially when any other clinic uses different methods? Add the poor before and after pics and the ridiculus pics which show the benefit of the procedure. Not even to metion that the fly the surgeon in.

Just compare this to any reputable clinic. No more explanation required.

Just go to the webpage and read how the try to sell their "trademark method". Does this poor description convice you? Especially when any other clinic uses different methods? Add the poor before and after pics and the ridiculus pics which show the benefit of the procedure. Not even to metion that the fly the surgeon in.

Just compare this to any reputable clinic. No more explanation required.

How do you think they can get away with this for years? BBB ratings good & very few negative reviews - difficult to find anything besides their marketing material.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates so far? Hope you are doing better (and sue the shit out of them)...

I have no idea how this clinic get away with this. Maybe they just have good lawyers...

Anyway the entire Homepage seems suspect (compared to a Standard clinic) and to fly the surgeon in is never a good thing.

I really wonder why there is no Feedback from the mods (who could contact Dr. Beehner who obviously is the "teacher" of this butcher).

Any updates so far? Hope you are doing better (and sue the shit out of them)...

I have no idea how this clinic get away with this. Maybe they just have good lawyers...

Anyway the entire Homepage seems suspect (compared to a Standard clinic) and to fly the surgeon in is never a good thing.

I really wonder why there is no Feedback from the mods (who could contact Dr. Beehner who obviously is the "teacher" of this butcher).

Very good question- I have tried sending direct messages to Bill but no answer.

It is healing slowly - picture at 2 months attached. Now that infection has been treated it is just the waiting game to see how this turns out.

03A13E66-965B-4C0C-8A5E-04602A09B774.thumb.jpg.7712ed6f26101133b9f6fbbb8c21240f.jpg

3E7DED79-9FE3-496F-9C8F-6C1E7BCBF49D.thumb.jpg.7875127412f811a5ce838462f7c35eb6.jpg

1B9385AB-A44D-499E-937B-13F1132C8A8F.thumb.jpg.21c13c482791abdc0d8dce39fb0172d2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Very good question- I have tried sending direct messages to Bill but no answer.

It is healing slowly - picture at 2 months attached. Now that infection has been treated it is just the waiting game to see how this turns out.

I feel for you. I truly do. You may have done irreparable harm to your scalp. I think, based on the pre-op photo you posted, you may have aged yourself by around 20 years overnight. This is extremely disappointing and you should seek out a hair transplant surgeon immediately. I think that you will require at least US $18,000 remedial work.