Intresting Reply from ASMED

Hello all,

I have fairly thin hair in general, male, 27 and have been using finasteride for 2 years and have had hairloss since around 18 sitting around a NW2.5ish.

I have sent pictures to multiple places for my hair restoration plan and from what seems to be the most trusted place on this forum: ASMED clinic

I received a reply (after about 2 months and 4 times of me emailing them asking for a reply to my pictures):

"Sorry but your hair loss type is not available for operation as its miniaturization as female hair loss type. Please keep using medication to maintain it for future."

I have emailed asking for a response as to what this means, but maybe people here can help? I've been researching for a while and almost went through with a clinic that i had booked without researching enough, but i've waited a bit longer and been researching for a year and a bit now, and no clinic has said anything like this? Does this mean other clinics just dont realize how bad my hair is for the photos? (ASMED asked for extra photos on top of what i sent to begin with)

Now i'm super worried that its not fixable either.

EDIT: After some more research the blow thing may be valid?? but i also have a high hairline always, but temple receding at the same area since 18

Chronic Telogen Effluvium

crop1.thumb.jpg.d2248af1644bf7759a5b4c07a51665a3.jpg

crop2.thumb.jpg.9343a869087c43bcb3ce5dbe1be46a71.jpg

Edited by VainTraveller

• Moderators

Why don't you get 2 or 3 in person consultations from various Drs rather than sending pictures? When you only send pictures without the Dr being able to examine you in person it's hard for them to determine an actual plan especially if you seem to have diffuse loss.

Look at it another way. Would you rather have him tell you he can give you a great result with X amount of grafts and then you schedule a procedure and then on the day of the procedure while you're already there he has to turn you down? If the Dr thinks that may be a possibility from looking at your pictures then he should probably say no upfront as he did. However an in-person consultation would give him a better idea of whether or not you are a candidate.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Pictures are up in the first post

Why don't you get 2 or 3 in person consultations from various Drs rather than sending pictures? When you only send pictures without the Dr being able to examine you in person it's hard for them to determine an actual plan especially if you seem to have diffuse loss.

Look at it another way. Would you rather have him tell you he can give you a great result with X amount of grafts and then you schedule a procedure and then on the day of the procedure while you're already there he has to turn you down? If the Dr thinks that may be a possibility from looking at your pictures then he should probably say no upfront as he did. However an in-person consultation would give him a better idea of whether or not you are a candidate.

Yeah this is true, i like that they said something about it first, because it means they are real about it and not just after money, and dont want to gamble their reputation.

However in person is not really that possible from NZ.

I can't say I've seen a response like that but it makes me think they see full scalp diffusion so they must have some clearer pics to go off, these are jammed in so close and don't show the donor and top of the head looking down so it's hard to make out exactly what they saw.

You have a fairly solid forelock and are on meds. I can't see how you're not a candidate for a conservative hairline restoration with fue. Hard to tell without seeing your donor area, but I would maybe try an in person consultation and evaluation for a procedure. Good luck.

Your hairloss looks like nothing more than typical male pattern baldness. I don't see anything to suggest a female hairloss type. Are these the same photos that you sent to the clinic?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com