Experience with Dr Bhatti

greyG

I had a blood test, with low testosterone levels, and the GP suggested I not take fin, as it might make things worse..

Why would a Dr push Fin?..

FIN will increase (!) your testosterone levels. Also, low testosterone levels are nothing bad per say. I have relatively low values and I am using FIN since 2.5 years without any issues.

A clinic would push for FIN as a hairtransplant is no cure. If you have a transplant and continue to lose hair, you might run out of donor capacity and/or your have a total unnatural appearance e. g. 2 cm of hair in the hairline and bald behind.

Most, recommended clinics at least recommend FIN. All three clinics I visited supported FIN.

It is very likely that your GP knows nothing about hairloss and FIN (no offense, but most GP do not know much about it). It is obvious that you should do further research before you procede. Like I said before:

1. Read for further 3-6 month in different Forums and read also some papers if necessary

2. Visit 2-3 (!) recommended clincis and discuss your goals with them

3. Make sure you have 1-2 clinics who do both FUE and FUT

Good luck

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blood test, with low testosterone levels, and the GP suggested I not take fin, as it might make things worse..

But lets get back on track... My issue with Dr Bhatti was that he was pushing the fin... For the reasons I think one person here has suggested.. Which is it causes a thickness by default.. Citing the stat he did.. Was a red flag for me..

I approached this guy because his reputation seems good based on what I've read on these forums.. My experience says otherwise.. I gave him more than 2 months notice, and he still knicked my deposit lol.. No way I would go back to someone like that..

Also I've had friends not on this forum who got HT's from local Turkish clinics.. which have a terrible rep here.. and without Fin or Min.. They have their hair back!..

Why would a Dr push Fin?.. My guess.. Their on Merck's payroll.. My guess here.. As soon as a Dr strats putting profits inftront of a patients welfare that's a no go for me.

Go to a cheap Turkish clinic and don't take fin then. You'll realise pretty quickly who the idiot was and which doctor was being ethical.

Here we go again... yup divert away from what I'm saying.. resort to calling ppl idiots.. Ask you a logical question here.. Now apply some thought before going off on one again:

"I meet two physicians one of which I know from this forum.. and the one that I did know has proved to be economical with the truth/facts".. Who can I trust more... - Think about it...

Sure as hell ain't going to Bhatti that's for sure!

Here we go again... yup divert away from what I'm saying.. resort to calling ppl idiots.. Ask you a logical question here.. Now apply some thought before going off on one again:

"I meet two physicians one of which I know from this forum.. and the one that I did know has proved to be economical with the truth/facts".. Who can I trust more... - Think about it...

Sure as hell ain't going to Bhatti that's for sure!

I didn't call you an idiot, I just said that you should stay off fin and go to cheap Turkish clinic which is what you advocate, and then you will know whether or not you are an idiot.

I could name 10 FUE surgeons I think are better than Dr. Bhatti and a few in that same price range so I'm not shilling for him, but in this case he clearly has proved to be an ethical doctor and was only trying to do the best for you.

Your lack of rational thinking applied to hair transplant surgery can only end badly. You are a very naive person too unfortunately which foreshadows the worst.

I think other patients should learn an important lesson from your experience. Do all of your research about medications and your suitability for a hair transplant and thoroughly research your surgeon BEFORE you pay your deposit and book a date. You should be entirely happy that you've made the right decision before booking because if you cancel you shouldn't expect to have your deposit returned without good reason.

FIN will increase (!) your testosterone levels. Also, low testosterone levels are nothing bad per say. I have relatively low values and I am using FIN since 2.5 years without any issues.

A clinic would push for FIN as a hairtransplant is no cure. If you have a transplant and continue to lose hair, you might run out of donor capacity and/or your have a total unnatural appearance e. g. 2 cm of hair in the hairline and bald behind.

Most, recommended clinics at least recommend FIN. All three clinics I visited supported FIN.

It is very likely that your GP knows nothing about hairloss and FIN (no offense, but most GP do not know much about it). It is obvious that you should do further research before you procede. Like I said before:

1. Read for further 3-6 month in different Forums and read also some papers if necessary

2. Visit 2-3 (!) recommended clincis and discuss your goals with them

3. Make sure you have 1-2 clinics who do both FUE and FUT

Good luck

Thanks man.. will research this.. Question though.. If Fin raises T-levels.. why does it cause side effects.. Cheers..

I think other patients should learn an important lesson from your experience. Do all of your research about medications and your suitability for a hair transplant and thoroughly research your surgeon BEFORE you pay your deposit and book a date. You should be entirely happy that you've made the right decision before booking because if you cancel you shouldn't expect to have your deposit returned without good reason.

I did alot of research on the forums exchanged emails with the guy and before paying him.. Nowhere did he state **prior to my explicitly asking**...

That Fin is necessary for the success of the procedure... The stat I have quoted: re the 65% regrwoth rate vs 95% regrowth rate. (From Bhatti)..

I then raised this on the forum on another thread and ppl said it was necessary for maintance perhaps.. But not for regrowth of grafts..

That's when I pulled the plug..

I didn't just go in blind... That's the reason I have posted now!

I didn't call you an idiot, I just said that you should stay off fin and go to cheap Turkish clinic which is what you advocate, and then you will know whether or not you are an idiot.

I could name 10 FUE surgeons I think are better than Dr. Bhatti and a few in that same price range so I'm not shilling for him, but in this case he clearly has proved to be an ethical doctor and was only trying to do the best for you.

Your lack of rational thinking applied to hair transplant surgery can only end badly. You are a very naive person too unfortunately which foreshadows the worst.

How has Bhatti been ethical with his 65% vs 95% regrowth rate stat.. re fin and HTs? Also pls look through your own replies.. your words not mine.. You said he lied to me.. How is that ethical?

Thanks man.. will research this.. Question though.. If Fin raises T-levels.. why does it cause side effects.. Cheers..

From what I understand it, Fin reduces the amount of T getting converted to DHT. So your Free T levels go up. However, there is less DHT in your system. I think the sides come from low DHT rather than an increase in Free T.

Regarding your experience with Bhatti I wonder if there has been a miscommunication somewhere. Perhaps a language barrier or something. I agree that the stats you mention don’t make sense. Finasteride should not make or break a hair transplant. It will have no effect on the transplanted hairs as they are DHT resistant. It may however minimise shock loss in the area where the hair is transplanted to. Fin should strengthen those remaining hairs on top so they are more resilient to the trauma of the surgery. The overall result may appear better as more native hairs survived. Perhaps that is what he alluding to.

How has Bhatti been ethical with his 65% vs 95% regrowth rate stat.. re fin and HTs?

This is just my opinion, I think the statistic is probably a lie to help convince you to get on finasteride, as Bhatti is aware that if you start finasteride with the transplant you are likely to get some thickening and regrowth along with maintenance in the long term, so the overall result in 12 months will look better across your entire scalp as well as the recipient. Also he doesn't have to worry about doing a hairline on you, then you losing behind the hairline and then blaming him. Seen it all too often. Many doctors suggest shockloss near the recipient is also reduced by finasteride.

Getting on finasteride would be a win/win for both of you, so lying to convince you to try it isn't harming anyone.

Sorry mate, lying is still lying... I would not go to any doctor that lies to me.. I'd rather they be honest and give me the facts..

That's the reason ppl get on these forums.. to get a doctor they can trust...

From what I understand it, Fin reduces the amount of T getting converted to DHT. So your Free T levels go up. However, there is less DHT in your system. I think the sides come from low DHT rather than an increase in Free T.

Regarding your experience with Bhatti I wonder if there has been a miscommunication somewhere. Perhaps a language barrier or something. I agree that the stats you mention don’t make sense. Finasteride should not make or break a hair transplant. It will have no effect on the transplanted hairs as they are DHT resistant. It may however minimise shock loss in the area where the hair is transplanted to. Fin should strengthen those remaining hairs on top so they are more resilient to the trauma of the surgery. The overall result may appear better as more native hairs survived. Perhaps that is what he alluding to.

His English is pretty good I assure you.. He repeated that stat on atleast 2 messages.. Thanks for the info appreciate that..

Sorry mate, lying is still lying... I would not go to any doctor that lies to me.. I'd rather they be honest and give me the facts..

That's the reason ppl get on these forums.. to get a doctor they can trust...

I would have to agree with JLB, my guess is if there isn't a communication error somewhere that he's just experienced too many clients whining post op about the procedure under performing when it was cases of native hairs that were minaturized being shocked out or natural hair loss progression. Not everybody is well versed on the realities of hair loss, they think a single transplant fixes everything and if they end up not having the change they expected it can lead to a lot of headaches for a doctor... a doctor can say it's in your best interest to be on fin but if if a patient is hell bent on believing it's going to make them sexually dysfunctional and they aren't willing to try it, I could see how a frustrated doctor might be tempted to nudge a patient the direction they want them to go. I agree with you that he shouldn't have lied tho as it does not instill confidence to have your doctor lying to you. I would much rather he just lay it out there, you don't want to use fin, this is the risk you face, sign off saying you know the risks and accept the risks or find another doctor.

When I had my HT with Dr. Erdogan, he also told me to get on FIN. I told him I've tried it few years ago and I did have those side effects in the bedroom, so I stopped. He said, OK, you don't have to take it but he usually advises people to take it for holding onto your native hair longer. Because at some point my other native hair will start thinning. Just my $0.02

When I had my HT with Dr. Erdogan, he also told me to get on FIN. I told him I've tried it few years ago and I did have those side effects in the bedroom, so I stopped. He said, OK, you don't have to take it but he usually advises people to take it for holding onto your native hair longer. Because at some point my other native hair will start thinning. Just my $0.02

Thanks for your input.. :)

Ok update on this... I've been contacted by Dr Bhattis uk rep... Shera . Who has been made privy to my personal details... and has Google searched everything about me Inc my profession.. and wishes to respond to all mycomments here.

Admins how do you feel about a doctor that reveals personal details to an agent?.. this includes my correspondence with him...

All I did was review my experience. .. According to Shera.. I have breached patient doctor confidentiality..

Edited by greyG

Ok update on this... I've been contacted by Dr Bhattis uk rep... Shera . Who has been made privy to my personal details... and has Google searched everything about me Inc my profession.. and now threatens to answer my questions.

Admins how do you feel about a doctor that reveals personal details to an agent?.. this includes my correspondence with him... I did not screen shot emails here due to confidentiality...

All I did was review my experience. ..

I merely messaged you the following, hardly threatening,

"Just wondered whether in your professional capability, if I hired you to do a 3D animation for me, paid a deposit for your services, cancelled through my own fault, hired you again, wasted a few hours of your time and then months later cancelled again, would you give me back my deposit?

Think about it........................

I think I will reply to all your comments some time this week, also there is no more confidentiality as you have broken the patient doctor relationship."

The doctor patient relationship was over once you decided not to go through with the surgery with Dr Bhatti and threatened the following,

"I am asking you to refund me as a gesture of goodwill as I'm giving you two months notice. If you fail to do this, I will challenge you legally, and post on the forums."

Dr Bhatti would probably have refunded you a second time if you hadn't used such threatening terminology.

I would like to remind you that the payment terms you agreed to were clearly conveyed to you as,

"A clear 15 days' notice is required if you wish to reschedule. In case of “no show” (cancellation within clear 15 days of the procedure) this amount shall lapse. Also if rescheduling,only one rescheduling is allowed.The advance amount is non-refundable. Dates allotted will be kept blocked for 3 days after which they may be re-allotted if advance amount is not received."

As you had already been given back your deposit once when you were ever so grateful,

"Dear Dr Bhatti, Thank you so much for this. I will make sure I leave a positive review for you on hairtransplant network, also a number of my friends in the UK, are looking to get the procedure done, so I will refer them to you. I really appreciate your honest approach."

Dr Bhatti's response,

"The cheque will be despatched through courier tomorrow. Please confirm on receipt. Though the refund was unconditional, I appreciate you offering to write a review which is always very welcome! :)

Obviously the review was completely fictitious!

But the fact remains that you were not entitled to a 2nd refund.

You claim to me in one of your messages to have been on the forum for several years, having read numerous Dr Bhatti reviews including my own where I clearly mention on more than one occasion the prescribed meds as Finasteride, Minoxidil and Biotin, but you proceeded to ask Dr Bhatti such questions which you should have easily known the answers to from your research. Dr Bhatti spent alot of his personal time in replying to you, the gentleman that he is. You then proceeded to book the procedure and cancel yet again. For your information I had a patient from the UK who specifically requested your chosen date but it was booked........by you. The patient had a tight timescale and had to re-book for February 2018.

So after all Dr Bhatti had done for you, you still felt compelled to attempt to rubbish his name online and now you cowardly try to hide behind a patient doctor relationship!

If you are not prepared to put your name to your defamatory statements then does that not just make you a troll?

I would be very interested to see what the admin stance on this was too. I would be interested to hear the admins views on patients that use the forum as a means to threaten recommended surgeons.

I do intend to reply to each and every one of your comments in detail, when time permits.

Edited by Shera

Hi Shera,

Thanks for the comprehensive response.. If you'd bothered reading the first part of my thread.. I did say that he refunded me the first time.. And I was grateful.. What you have quoted from is my first round of emails with him in 2016... **This review has no link to what you are cleverly trying to put across**

This has to do with my 2nd round of communication with him ** Get your facts straight before attempting to paint me as a troll after taking my money.. As you're quoting my emails to him..

Funny how you failed to quote the statistic that he gave me.. also you have not mentioned that I asked him to deduct whatever he felt appropriate in terms of time for the 10 or so messages he sent me..

Clearly I have hit a nerve with my review.. You also failed to mention that I tried communicating with Dr B via email after.. He never responded..

This is my review and my experience.. You can Respond to each and every single comment here, quote and even screenshot my emails.. If you have the time and inclination.. My experience was my experience.. And I relayed that.. I don't know you (You've still not told me your full name ;) ) and I don't know Dr Bhatti personally so have no reason to malign anyone.. All I asked for was my deposit minus any time he spent emailing me.. That as far as I'm concerned in not unreasonable.. My gripe was with his 65%, vs 95% stat.. Which has been refuted by ppl here.. Not me.. as I'm not an expert but by ppl here.

The fact that you are here.. Armed with all my emails is proof that you guys need to defend yourself.. Even if I come off as a nutjob... I hope you guys up your game.. and ppl who go to you in the future get a good service.

Best wishes.

Edited by greyG

Ok update on this... I've been contacted by Dr Bhattis uk rep... Shera . Who has been made privy to my personal details... and has Google searched everything about me Inc my profession.. and wishes to respond to all mycomments here.

Admins how do you feel about a doctor that reveals personal details to an agent?.. this includes my correspondence with him...

All I did was review my experience. .. According to Shera.. I have breached patient doctor confidentiality..

As per usual my harsh judgement is justified. What a pathetic person you are, unfortunate you seem too delusional to see you are the one at fault as well. Spend the transplant money on a therapist.

As per usual my harsh judgement is justified. What a pathetic person you are, unfortunate you seem too delusional to see you are the one at fault as well. Spend the transplant money on a therapist.

You had nothing constructive or useful to say from your first response to my thread to this one.. Nothing has changed..

Edited by greyG

You have wasted about 8 hours of Dr Bhatti's time, maybe an hour or so of clinic staff time and about an hour of my time. You have blocked off 2 dates for several months that were made unavailable to wanting patients.

That's about 10 hours + and possibly 2 wasted surgery days.

You lost your deposit of 18,500 Indian rupees, equivalent to 211 pounds sterling or 285 US dollars, or 239 euros.

Exactly how much do you think you are owed?

Edited by Shera

You have wasted about 8 hours of Dr Bhatti's time, maybe an hour or so of clinic staff time and about an hour of my time. You have blocked off 2 dates for several months that were made unavailable to wanting patients.

That's about 10 hours + and possibly 2 wasted surgery days.

You lost your deposit of 18,500 Indian rupees, equivalent to 211 pounds sterling or 285 US dollars, or 239 euros.

Exactly how much do you think you are owed?

If you ppl consider asking questions re a surgical procedure, or airing anxities about a drug that may cause ill side effects... A waste of time.. Then I worry about you because clearly you're in the wrong business.

(And a PS: You got in touch with me.. and you are responding on this thread... I didn't ask you here.. So deduct an hour mate lol.. He has sent me approx 11 replies.. That takes 8 hours?)..

Oh and I noticed you put my realname in the tags that's just plain vindictive... Still don't know your real name mate?

Edited by greyG

lmao...this much of a stink over 290 bucks.

Dr Bhatti dodged a bullet with this patient, if he's creating this shit storm over change imagine what he'd do if he didn't get the result he thinks he's entitled to. I don't think Dr Bhatti is without blame here, I still don't like that he made quotes that weren't true about needing fin for regrowth (if that is indeed true that he made them) but he certainly didn't act unethically in keeping the deposit after acting in good faith the first time, he's got a business to run. As a business owner myself, you'd have not gotten the first one from me given your reasoning and i'd burn the money, piss on the ashes and send it back to you in a baggy if you threatened me like you did the Dr the 2nd time lol

lmao...this much of a stink over 290 bucks.

Dr Bhatti dodged a bullet with this patient, if he's creating this shit storm over change imagine what he'd do if he didn't get the result he thinks he's entitled to. I don't think Dr Bhatti is without blame here, I still don't like that he made quotes that weren't true about needing fin for regrowth (if that is indeed true that he made them) but he certainly didn't act unethically in keeping the deposit after acting in good faith the first time, he's got a business to run. As a business owner myself, you'd have not gotten the first one from me given your reasoning and i'd burn the money, piss on the ashes and send it back to you in a baggy if you threatened me like you did the Dr the 2nd time lol

The money ain't the only issue I'm making a stink about.. The big one was the quote.. Clearly I'm not going to get any support as this is a star doctor we are talking about..

So call me a troll, a delusional person, or whatever you like.. And yes I will take a harsh tone with anyone who sits on my money.. I gave him 2 months notice before asking for a refund. (this time around)

This is going to get ugly with my emails being misconstrued, and placed out of context.. I could create a full set off screenshots and post here.. and everyone can witness the sordid tale in all its glory.. But I won't do that.. Anyone who does want access to them, as Shera now believes there is no need for confidentiality.. PM me, and I'll send you the full thread.

Maybe I am wrong.. But the way I see it, and that's what I've experienced in the UK.. A large part of any medical professional's job is allaying people's anxieties and fears.. Some ppl have had an amazing experience with this doctor..

Mine unfortunately wasn't.. This is just my experience do read all the other reviews he's had before making any decisions.

I'm not going to bother logging on after this.. as all I've had is insults thrown at me.. for my review.. He can keep the $290.. or whatever I'm done..