Dr. Wong / 1267 grafts / FUE / hairline/temples / months post-op

Vancouver area patient in his mid/late 20’s with minimal loss in the hairline and temples. Dr. Wong and team transplanted 1267 grafts via FUE which consisted of 227 single hair grafts, 570 doubles and 470 3 hair grafts for a total of 1267. Both a .9 mm and .85 mm motorized punch was used. These photos were taken 9 months post-op.

ab-drw-fue-front.jpg

ab-drw-fue-front-close.jpg

ab-drw-fue-front-tilt.jpg

ab-drw-fue-right.jpg

ab-drw-fue-right-angle.jpg

ab-drw-fue-left.jpg

ab-drw-fue-left-close.jpg

ab-drw-fue-back.jpg

ab-drw-fue-surgery-front.jpg

ab-drw-fue-surgery-right.jpg

ab-drw-fue-surgery-left.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Gives a much more of a defined and elegant look to the hairline and temple areas in my opinion. Money well spent, but hopefully he doesn't lose any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys. While I see the point that he didn’t “need” to have a procedure, I tend to agree with Forgotpassword and JeanLucBergman. Just this small amount of work, while it was not game-changing, has created a nice polished framing. Prior to the procedure, he could not grow his hair out particularly in his hairline and style it without exposing some weakness in the corners. Perhaps most importantly, the patient was bothered by this and now is very happy. In years past when a patient would come to the clinic with minimal loss in the hairline, the doctors would suggest the hair looked fine and advise to wait until it gets worse. The doctors, of course, would get excited about seeing a stage 5-6 that they could completely transform and change the life of rather than a stage 2-3 with some minor hairline deficiencies. What they came to find out over the years was that these patients with minimal hair loss were extremely bothered by it and as happy with their results as the patients who were once stage 6’s who looked 10 years younger after a procedure. Because we can achieve a very natural looking hairline, these small cases are worthwhile in many instances.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Hair looks great! It would be nice to see some pre-op with longer hair to get a real idea of the impact. That said, what does it mean to 'need' a hair transplant? You can see the miniaturization/thinning at the hairline in the before pics. If this small number a grafts allows this guy to escape the torment and live his life without worrying about hair loss, then he needed this transplant.