Konior- 17K FUE Hairline Restoration

Edit-- the lack of sleep must be getting to me. Title should read 1700, not 17k (if mods are able to please change)

Hi All,

First and foremost thanks to everyone who contributes to this great community.

Konior

Konior is exceptional-- empathetic, funny, and extraordinarily professional.

I flew in the night before from Los Angeles and stayed at the nearby Comfort Suites Inn. It's a short walk from Dr. K's Office, Walgreen's (with a 24-hour pharmacy), 7Eleven, a grocery store, and a bunch of fast food restaurants. I don't think there is any room service, and although dated, the hotel is clean and the employees are kind.

Arrival

A member of Dr. K's crew picked me up around 6:30 AM. I went through the previously emailed checklist with a crew member and met with Dr. K shortly thereafter to discuss the gameplan. He is straightforward and will tell you immediately what he can and cannot do. (I'm paraphrasing): If you're completely bald and have a limited donor area, you're not going to end up with Brad Pitt's hairline. If you're bald with an extremely gratuitous donor area, you'll need more than one session for truly dense packing. Additionally, he explained, --and which should be obvious to most of us-- is that the lower the hairline, the sparser the hair packing. And keep in mind that those precious grafts can/will certainly come in handy down the road. Unfortunately, there's only so much to go around.

Procedure

The procedure could not have gone better; I felt no pain the entire time. The worst part of it was the pressure I felt in forehead and cheeks while laying face down the operation table (from the cushion) while the follicles were extracted. I fell asleep several times throughout the procedure. I was driven back to the hotel around 8:30 PM. Prior to leaving, Konior was ecstatic to be giving a lecture the following day. His passion and artistry are indisputable.

IMG_20170502_231821.thumb.jpg.f8967a14c7664feb3169aae38c2f69b9.jpg

IMG_20170502_231840.thumb.jpg.91e1f7283c2ad467bf7bcb8ae26ee595.jpg

IMG_20170502_231800.thumb.jpg.a38bb339c6bac971eb77fb0ddedfb3e0.jpg

IMG_20170503_215126.thumb.jpg.ae857934062bfe74b2e18ee55f662253.jpg

IMG_20170503_214958.thumb.jpg.fa776f199f9a875191f370f24d6a623a.jpg

IMG_20170503_215025.thumb.jpg.b8a209d48e26d8b633f1b6341e666ed1.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.ba4ba158d42d77be1da14f1b35142e7d.jpg

Edited by meremortals
title, typos

I saw 17K and I thought....Wow! I had a total of 7,125 and thought that was huge. 1,700 will serve you well. Sounds like Dr. Konier has another happy patient. Best of luck. The pictures look great. Keep us posted in about 3-4 months when all that hair starts surfacing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I saw 17K and I thought....Wow! I had a total of 7,125 and thought that was huge. 1,700 will serve you well. Sounds like Dr. Konier has another happy patient. Best of luck. The pictures look great. Keep us posted in about 3-4 months when all that hair starts surfacing.

Thanks! Apologies for the title (still trying to get it changed in the list view)

Will keep everyone updated.

The 17000 caught my attention. Lol. Dr Konior does great work. How was the graft number decided? Did you want to keep it to this number or was it his recommendation? Either way congratulations!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The 17000 caught my attention. Lol. Dr Konior does great work. How was the graft number decided? Did you want to keep it to this number or was it his recommendation?

I'm curious as to how you came to that number as well. Also, could you post pics of your donor zone?

And thank you so much for sharing. Please, please please keep us updated!

• 5 months later...

Hey all,

I've been awful about updating, mainly because I don't really even think about my hair anymore. I'll try to add additional pics and the donor area in the near future.

I couldn't be happier in choosing Dr. K.

https://imgur.com/CPTToQG

https://imgur.com/F9GIw6f

Considering going back to thicken my crown area in a year or so.

Hey all,

I've been awful about updating, mainly because I don't really even think about my hair anymore. I'll try to add additional pics and the donor area in the near future.

I couldn't be happier in choosing Dr. K.

https://imgur.com/CPTToQG

https://imgur.com/F9GIw6f

Considering going back to thicken my crown area in a year or so.

Any close up pictures at all? Really similar to my loss and not disimilar graft number.

How long did it take to start getting some growth?

• 1 month later...

The amount of grafts taken can depend on many factors ...besides available donor. Every case is different. The hair could've been very difficult to extract. My Doc told me mine came out like butter, with a lot of fat around the bulb, and that not all cases are that way...and sometimes its very difficult to achieve higher numbers. Also time is a consideration (for good Surgeons And Dr. Konior and Dr Gable are both good Surgeons). If this mans grafts were a struggle to harvest for whatever reason.....the Dr makes a call to start implanting as time is of the essence. My Dr told me we can shoot for 2500 but at 1pm whatever i have is what your going to get in this procedure...and then the grafts are implanted in the order they were extracted, due to the time sensitive nature.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

I'm entirely stoked with Dr. K's work and simply cannot recommend him enough. He even checked in with me recently via email, unprompted.

My family and close friends now understand why I made the trek from Southern California to Chicago.

I'm happy with the number of grafts chosen and don't currently feel the need to go back for round 2/GQ level thickness-- but if I do down the line, I'll certainly return to Dr. K and keep you all posted.

https://imgur.com/vmSx12w

1700 grafts got you that result? That looks really solid man! I have similar hair loss as you and got just over 2100 grafts in my frontal zone from Dr. Konior. I hope I look like this in about 3-4 months lol. I have just passed the 3 month mark and my grafts have really started to grow in.

If you don't mind me asking, are you on any meds (Minoxidil or Finasteride)?

Thanks.

Any close up pictures at all? Really similar to my loss and not disimilar graft number.

How long did it take to start getting some growth?

(I'm struggling with this forum's 1990s threads/functionality... apologies for the weird quoted replies...)

You'll be in great hands with Dr. K.

I opted to use minox for early growth as optionally suggested in the post-surgery care pamphlet. My growth pretty much followed the expected timeline to a T.

All the grafts fell out a couple weeks after, which is to be expected (but still horrifying nonetheless)...

I walked around as a bald guy for a while, then turned into a guy with a thinning hairline... until the grafts were secure and it was safe to shave it again. I definitely preferred shaved head to thinning short hair.

About 3 or so months is when the grafts began resurrecting. I cautiously grew my hair to about 1/2 inch to gauge whether I felt comfortable with the frontal thickness at about the 4th month and have basically grown it out since.

Edited by meremortals

1700 grafts got you that result? That looks really solid man! I have similar hair loss as you and got just over 2100 grafts in my frontal zone from Dr. Konior. I hope I look like this in about 3-4 months lol. I have just passed the 3 month mark and my grafts have really started to grow in.

If you don't mind me asking, are you on any meds (Minoxidil or Finasteride)?

Thanks.

Thanks! I think it was more Dr. K's magic than the 1700 grafts :)

You'll look fantastic. My growth basically followed the post-care pamphlet's timeline to a T.

I still use Minox. Encountered issues with Fin 3 months in, in 2015, and haven't reconsidered since.

Thats good to hear. I have not touched the grafted zone with clippers at all yet. I plan to just let it all grow out for a year before I trim that area.

I am also using Minox (twice a day) for early regrowth and I think it has definitely been working. I have been comparing my results with other Konior patients on this forum and everything looks to be on schedule.

Edited by HereForTheHair

I'm entirely stoked with Dr. K's work and simply cannot recommend him enough. He even checked in with me recently via email, unprompted.

My family and close friends now understand why I made the trek from Southern California to Chicago.

I'm happy with the number of grafts chosen and don't currently feel the need to go back for round 2/GQ level thickness-- but if I do down the line, I'll certainly return to Dr. K and keep you all posted.

https://imgur.com/vmSx12w

Wow that is amazing!

Looking great, love to see more pics. 1700 grafts went a long way.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 5 years later...
On 4/8/2023 at 10:59 PM, stephcurry30 said:

any update?

I do appreciate it when people revive half decade old topics. 

I'm not even being sarcastic

So often, someone will post a promising post op case and then drop off the face of the Earth. Maybe he was just happy with the result and forgot all about the world of hair transplants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I do appreciate it when people revive half decade old topics. 

I'm not even being sarcastic

So often, someone will post a promising post op case and then drop off the face of the Earth. Maybe he was just happy with the result and forgot all about the world of hair transplants.

Completely agree. Somehow hoping he gets a notification via email and logs back in to see a 5 year post op progress photo!