"Slicked Back" 5,500 Graft Hair Transplant / Feller & Bloxham, NY

Hi Guys,

Posting the monthly case before we close shop for the weekend!

This one is a 5,500 graft case done over two different FUT procedures. The first was a 3,000+ FUT performed several years ago by Dr. Feller and the second was a 2,500 graft FUT performed 7 months ago by Dr. Bloxham.

The doctors like this case because it helps answer the question patients ask us all the time:

"Can I 'slick' my hair back after my hair transplant?"

Enjoy the video and pictures! Let us know if you think he "pulls off the slicked back look" as Dr. Bloxham puts it.

-Tara

Video:

Photos:

fxgtua.jpg

2igjb06.jpg

33kznrt.jpg

ja9xud.jpg

16bxanl.jpg

nlr8du.jpg

6ojr6d.jpg

jigfh5.jpg

Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Dr. Feller is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Bloxham is Recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Whats the line in the hairline for. Is he wanting to drop it?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

Exactly. He's looking to drop it around 3/4cm to 1cm. Tried to wipe it off as best I could in the last few pictures, but it stayed a bit. What do you think about this? Drop it or good height?

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

What's the hair caliber on this guy? Nice result by the way

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Spanker,

Exactly. He's looking to drop it around 3/4cm to 1cm. Tried to wipe it off as best I could in the last few pictures, but it stayed a bit. What do you think about this? Drop it or good height?

Good height. I see no reason to mess with a good thing. Also, he has some pre transplant hair in his hairline that he could lose and he may wish he had thise grafts in the bank.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good height. I see no reason to mess with a good thing. Also, he has some pre transplant hair in his hairline that he could lose and he may wish he had thise grafts in the bank.

As a more forward-thinking future-tripping person, I couldn't agree more. I mean, it's a perfect hairline right now.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I wouldn't touch it. But it's up to him, innit?

Not a fan of that hairstyle either that everyone seems to want but it's a personal thing.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators

This is a really good result congrats Dr. Bloxham, I would like to see some behind the head birds eye view shots to asses the crown and midscalp. Just looking at the front he doesn't need any other surgery IMO.

IMO his reserve grafts would be better utilized in the lateral humps, I could see the lateral humps looking thin just above the front temporal points, the hair seemed to be stronger towards the back, but I think it would be safe to assume that the hair will be lost eventually. I think this will be his future pattern.

UxgnL8v.png?1

With his future pattern in mind, I don't think it would be wise to transplant more grafts to the hairline. Speaking as someone who is an advanced class as well, I can certainly appreciate how a good hairline can make you feel, but at the same time where would your grafts be better utilized to tie everything together just my 0.2 cents.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for the kind words.

And interesting feedback about the hairline height as well. I'll relay this to the patient when I see him next.

Grafts were placed all the way into the anterior (frontal) portion of the crown.

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr B,

What a great result! It would be great to see some pictures of the back and sides of his head to see the scar (if it can even be seen at all). His hair on the sides and back looks very short and I can't see any sign of it at all! If it's as invisible as it seems, wow!

• Administrators
I would love to see some pics of the crown?

Great result Dr.

I third that I think the community would love to see the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I didn't notice that line. He wants to lower it? I think he looks good. I just want my crown done. Wouldn't it be smarter to save the hair for the back or the future Dr. Bloxham? And thank you for coming on yourself as you do. It shows you really love your work and you did a great job for me. Now can you do it twice ????!!!! :-) :-)

• 2 months later...

Hi Balody,

Thanks.

I believe this patient is in his mid-to-late 30s. 36-38 I believe.