This 59-year-old patient desired to have his frontal hairline redifined and filled in, and also increase the density of his crown.

The photographs show his before and 1-year results in which approximately 1600 follicular unit grafts were placed in the frontal area of his scalp, and 1200 grafts were placed into his crown. This patient lives close by the office so we plan to have him back over the next year to follow his progress and show his 2-year final results.

FrontalFull_zpsx7beip72.jpg

Frontal45Down_zpszxsx43to.jpg

FrontalFullDown_zpsdgxi5gkf.jpg

Left45_zpsnmm5nriw.jpg

Left45Down_zps9ar8a8n4.jpg

Left_zps4ivvki4f.jpg

Right_zpszomk7f0o.jpg

Right45_zpsxwnl51pu.jpg

Right45Down_zpsqbrhc8dv.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I was surprised to read that this patient is 59. He appears much younger. He must be very happy with the outcome.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 months later...

Yes: this patient has aged very well. He really takes care of himself with diet and exercise. And yes, he is thrilled with the results that were obtained.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Man, talk about natural. The front of his widows peak appears to be totally bald pre op, but now it looks like there are natural fine 1s that give it a very natural "native hair" look.

Edit: While this is a great result, I thought I was posting this on a different Gabel thread.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Great result.

Dr. Gabel,

Was this FUT or FUE?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Nice work as usual. Patient must be delighted with this.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hi , this is a really nice natural result can you tell me a little more about this result was it fue or fut ? What was the patients hair caliber in microns ? What kind of numbers do you think this patient has left in his donor ? Does the patient use any hairloss medications ? Thanks

These pre op and post op pictures are very clear and use the exact same lighting. Some clinics appear to use different lighting in their post op pictures so the hair looks more dense. That is not the case with this doctor. Great result!