Hiding FUE holes!!

Vult

Hi,

I'm another one of those that made the worst decision of its life and did a hair transplant. FUE. Got a couple thousand holes drilled around the head and while I'm one of those that took the surgery healthy and without any complication, holes on a shaved and short hair head can be seen on any human being.

If there's a doctor that will tell you that holes wont be seen, punch him in the teeth. With either FUE or FUT you will never in your life be able to shave short or bald without it being noticeable, and don't doubt it.

That brings me to my question. Has anyone anyhow figured out a way to hide those holes?

Need to add for anyone considering doing it, stay the fuck away from hair transplant surgery unless you're 40-50 years old and you're sure your situation wont change. Listen to my advice please. Shave bald, no matter how bad you feel imagine feeling x10 times worse. Drop the idea right away!

What is best is that they take out your hair from an area that they mark out in a STRAIGHT FUCKING LINE. So they either with a high degree of incompetency or deliberately make it far worse or unnatural then it needs to be.

Can you post some photos of what you're referring to and how your FUE scars look.

well I wud suggest that u do more research next time u chose a doctor cause any qualified FUE doctor these days will leave no evidence of scaring even wen ur hair is cut very short so although ur post is pretty funny its also terribly ignorant to anyone new to the hair game and ur so-called ADVICE is utter BS!

you unfortunately picked the wrong doctor or technician to perform ur HT. u probably went with the guy that was "CHEAPER" and as a result ur felling quite a bit if regret and adopting the "Misery loves company" approach.

well, sorry to burst ur bubble but if u had done ur research and spent the required money you wud not be in the situation ur in trying to "SCARE" ppl into thinking the way ur warped mind thinks....

but nonetheless yea u can hide em with SMP usually unless u really got butchered and left u with dimples.

Please show us close up good evidence of your scar tissue.

Do you know what size punch he or she used to pull grafts out?

who pulled the grafts the doctor or a tech/s?

How long ago did you untake a HT?

did you have a good yeild on your transplanted hair?

How many FUEs did you have?

Did the doctor advise you that there will be scaring on the donor like small little white dots?

On the NW scale, what stage is your MPB?

Last but not least do you mind telling us who your Dr was?

I see your in your around 36 yrs old so not to bad of age for a HT so your more close to 40than 30 right?

Please try & answer the questions because if you can not members will be kinda thinking there is something not right of your accusations, just saying.

Edited by ontop

Hi, I'm another one of those that made the worst decision of its life and did a hair transplant. FUE. Got a couple thousand holes drilled around the head

How long ago was your surgery?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I have zero scars from my FUE. I'm a really good healer normally but was amazed that there is zero evidence of any donor sites.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience, and hope you're able to find a solution. To answer your question, SMP would be worth looking into to help hide the scars.

That being said, I think the negative blanket statement you make about hair transplants is nowhere close to accurate. The fact of the matter is that if one does their research and chooses a high quality surgeon with a proven track record, the experience will be completely different from the one you've described. Your story raises a lot of questions to be addressed, and these are things for anyone to consider when looking into getting a hair transplant (specifically FUE, in this case). What size punch was used? Who extracted the grafts? The surgeon or a technician? How experienced was the surgeon? The fact that the surgeon extracted the grafts in a "straight f**ing line", as you put it, suggests that he was most likely not very experienced. What does your projected hair loss look like? How many more grafts will you have for future procedures? These are all very useful pieces of information to take into account with situations like this.

Regardless, I genuinely hate that you had such a bad experience. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. This should serve as a reminder to anyone considering a hair transplant to do your research and choose wisely - NOT to throw in the towel and run away because all hair transplants are scams. That isn't anywhere close to being true.

If you can, I hope you're able to provide photos so we can fully grasp what you're dealing with and help you come up with a solution.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Can you post some photos of what you're referring to and how your FUE scars look.

I doubt we'll get any pics. I don't know about you guys, but it seems coincidental and suspect that this guy registers and posts this thread soon after this thread was created:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184317-buzzing-head-possibility-after-fue-hair-transplant.html

Of course he warns against FUT too. To add credibility to his argument and make himself seem unbiased no doubt. But this posts smells like yet a pro-FUT guy trying to push people against FUE. And deny that FUE has any advantages over FUT.

Of course it's possible that I'm wrong. But marketing is a very dirty practice.

this posts smells like yet a pro-FUT guy trying to push people against FUE. And deny that FUE has any advantages over FUT.

I hear ya...a bit of a strange post....but he seems anti both FUE/FUT or just anti-transplant period

Hi, With either FUE or FUT you will never in your life be able to shave short or bald without it being noticeable, and don't doubt it. Shave bald, no matter how bad you feel imagine feeling x10 times worse. Drop the idea right away!.
Edited by Shampoo

Agreed matt,

I've / we have ask more details about his claims & yet to answer.

I must admit it do sound shady but always like to give the benefit of the doubt but in the meantime I hope the forom admin can cross check I.P address on both members you mention.

I sure hope this member will come back & answer the questions asked him several times, unless at this time I feel there is a hidden agenda.

I have zero scars from my FUE. I'm a really good healer normally but was amazed that there is zero evidence of any donor sites.

Zero evidence? So you basically are scar proof? That is impossible. What you meant to say is that it has minimal scaring I imagine.

Please show us close up good evidence of your scar tissue.

Do you know what size punch he or she used to pull grafts out?

Can't recall I'm afraid. It was Dr Devroye, I imagine some of you will know then what size he uses? I'll provide photos little later today.

who pulled the grafts the doctor or a tech/s?

About half of the work he did himself, about half his assistants.

How long ago did you untake a HT?

About 6 years ago.

did you have a good yeild on your transplanted hair?

Yes Dr Devroye's conculsion was that I have a good donor area.

How many FUEs did you have?

About 3000.

Did the doctor advise you that there will be scaring on the donor like small little white dots?

Yes he did, I can't blame him for that. He was precise and up to the point. My problem is the internet and how misleading some people's posts make it seem like eventually it will be ok if you just shave bald or short. I'm just hence stressing that scaring will always be there, as tiny as it is, there's thousands of em and they make a pattern that can be seen. Especially if the donor area is used with straight lines.

On the NW scale, what stage is your MPB?

I'm solid III Vertex these days, was III at the time of surgery.

Last but not least do you mind telling us who your Dr was?

As said hence Dr Devroye.

I see your in your around 36 yrs old so not to bad of age for a HT so your more close to 40than 30 right?

I am 35 years old, was about 29 at the time of surgery. Too young and too much into the early stages of it, I shouldn't have done it, made a mistake.

Please try & answer the questions because if you can not members will be kinda thinking there is something not right of your accusations, just saying.

Did not see replies to this post, sorry for the delay.

Agreed matt,

I've / we have ask more details about his claims & yet to answer.

I must admit it do sound shady but always like to give the benefit of the doubt but in the meantime I hope the forom admin can cross check I.P address on both members you mention.

I sure hope this member will come back & answer the questions asked him several times, unless at this time I feel there is a hidden agenda.

I can unshade it all. A real person here with a real story. My only goal is to help people and discourage those that should be discouraged. I have nothing to gain here personally. I realize that some people can do the surgery and be extremely happy with it, but none of those can ever have a very short buzz, especially bald. Lets just emphasize that. If someone can manage their continued hair loss with more surgeries and does plan to maintain longer hair for the rest of his life (a couple of mm length does indeed cover FUE) he should certainly consider doing it.

Don't you think that I'm promoting FUT. FUT should be forbidden IMO ;) why, well we've all seen failed FUT attempts. 1 ruined life with it would be enough for me to forbid the whole thing. It's just a Russian roulette then, with a difference that you need to live with it afterwards.

I doubt we'll get any pics. I don't know about you guys, but it seems coincidental and suspect that this guy registers and posts this thread soon after this thread was created:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184317-buzzing-head-possibility-after-fue-hair-transplant.html

Of course he warns against FUT too. To add credibility to his argument and make himself seem unbiased no doubt. But this posts smells like yet a pro-FUT guy trying to push people against FUE. And deny that FUE has any advantages over FUT.

Of course it's possible that I'm wrong. But marketing is a very dirty practice.

I understand the first impression I have left but you will see after a few of my posts that I'm marketing normal life for people, without any surgery done at best. But I've done it myself, and we all know there are happy stories out there, so I wouldn't want to try to ruin the option for everyone.

I'll be happy to give my real name to the admin for any cross check.

I appreciate you guys listening to my rant.

Edited by Vult

well I wud suggest that u do more research next time u chose a doctor cause any qualified FUE doctor these days will leave no evidence of scaring even wen ur hair is cut very short so although ur post is pretty funny its also terribly ignorant to anyone new to the hair game and ur so-called ADVICE is utter BS!

you unfortunately picked the wrong doctor or technician to perform ur HT. u probably went with the guy that was "CHEAPER" and as a result ur felling quite a bit if regret and adopting the "Misery loves company" approach.

well, sorry to burst ur bubble but if u had done ur research and spent the required money you wud not be in the situation ur in trying to "SCARE" ppl into thinking the way ur warped mind thinks....

but nonetheless yea u can hide em with SMP usually unless u really got butchered and left u with dimples.

Dr Devroye wasn't exactly the cheapest option, at all. Do you know of anyone that has used SMP to cover FUE scars? As far as making drama on the forum about it, I believe it is necessary so that people can see you can make a grave "miserable" decision/mistake. For the overall balance.

I may have missed it but did you say what size punch was used to extract grafts? A (0.8mm) punch was used on me. This picture shows one of my donor areas after about 1,750 were removed. This photo is two years after surgery. From a couple feet away, you really don't notice the minimal scarring.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Don't you think that I'm promoting FUT. FUT should be forbidden IMO ;) why, well we've all seen failed FUT attempts. 1 ruined life with it would be enough for me to forbid the whole thing. It's just a Russian roulette then, with a difference that you need to live with it afterwards.

Oh come on dude...I can empathize with your disappointment, but all cosmetic surgery has risks. You think because a very poor cosmetic result can happen from every type of cosmetic surgery they should all be "forbidden"? I have had 3 successful FUT surgeries and if you would had your way I would have been "forbidden" from having those?

Pictures

Mickey or other FUE experts....don't Vult's Fue extraction sites appear larger than normal?

Mickey or other FUE experts....don't Vult's Fue extraction sites appear larger than normal?

Hehe I appreciate the compliment, although I prefer the term FUE enthusiast :P

Yes, to me the FUE extraction sites appear larger than normal and larger than they should have been. The sites are very large and sub-standard. Most of them are clearly well over 1mm and that is a very conservative estimate. Punch size is the main culprit here from what I can see. The extraction pattern could have been spread out more also but that is not really related to the individual scar sites. The patient is fortunate in that he has favorable skin to hair color contrast. If he had darker hair, the scarring/missing follicles would be much more apparent.

Yes, to me the FUE extraction sites appear larger than normal and larger than they should have been. The sites are very large and sub-standard.

Mickey85....Vult states his FUE surgery was 6 years ago.

I suppose one might could argue that FUE today has greatly improved and what most doctors were doing with FUE six years ago is light years away from what they do today?

Mickey85....Vult states his FUE surgery was 6 years ago.

I suppose one might could argue that FUE today has greatly improved and what most doctors were doing with FUE six years ago is light years away from what they do today?

FUE yields and techniques have definitely improved over time however FUE scarring is usually(but not exclusively) a result of punch tip size. The ARTAS was known to use large tips in excess of 1mm but that came around circa 2012-2013, after this patient had his procedure. This has supposedly been rectified. The SAFE scribe was not known to use excessively large punches at any stage of its lifespan. The CIT manual hand punch and its range of varying tips(0.75 mm to 1.35 mm) have been around since the mid-2000s as well as the much cheaper Versi handle used by many top European FUE surgeons.

Large punch FUE tips were more commonly used during and shortly after FUE's inception around 2000 where surgeons managed to decipher the FUE technique. As they gained experience the punch tips became smaller to the point where a 0.8-0.9mm punch tip is considered to be the best balance for minimal scarring and low transection.

I personally think that even for a 6 year old FUE hair transplant, the scarring is disappointing.

I understand the first impression I have left but you will see after a few of my posts that I'm marketing normal life for people, without any surgery done at best. But I've done it myself, and we all know there are happy stories out there, so I wouldn't want to try to ruin the option for everyone.

I'll be happy to give my real name to the admin for any cross check.

I appreciate you guys listening to my rant.

Yeah sorry for being skeptical. I'll have to do more research on what causes this, since this is one of the worst I've seen. I've seen so many cases where the donor won't look normal shaved down. It will be a bit uneven and thinned out more in some places, but not like this.

Anyway, thanks for posting pictures. Regarding how to fix it, I imagine SMP would help a lot, but I'm not sure if scarred tissue will take the dye well. If you did go down that route, I would take the advice that you have given to others. Have a test done on a handful of the spots to see what happens.

This is the norm that I see... he had 2000 grafts taken out by Dr. De Reys.

month3-donorback.jpg

This guy had 5000 taken out by the same doctor. Pics taken shaved before a subsequent surgery.

03%20Pre-Op%20theatre%20shaven%20from%20rear.JPG

01%20Pre-Op%20theatre%20shaven%20from%20right.JPG

Edited by Matt27

Zero evidence? So you basically are scar proof? That is impossible. What you meant to say is that it has minimal scaring I imagine.

Well, you cannot see any scars at all with your eyes which is all I really care about. I'm sure they are there on a microscopic level.

That said, you clearly had a totally different result than I did. I agree with the others that the donor sites seem very large, especially by modern standards. You may have a combination of that plus not great healing (not your fault) which ends up at this result. It's rare, but it does happen.

All of that said, even with many good FUE's, you cannot shave your hair down extremely short as if you never had any procedure, but generally you can definitely take it down a bit more than with FUT (a 2 guard is usually the recommended minimum for FUE).

Edited by ModernHair

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!