FUE in Europe vs. US - why is one better?

I've seen quite a few people on here saying that the FUE doctors in Europe are 'better' for FUE. But I don't have a clear understanding of why people think this. Is there a specific reason to go to the top European doctors over the top US doctors? For example, natural hairline, density, donor area, price, extractions, etc?

I'd love any and all arguments for one over the other.

Thanks in advance for the help!

it's not that one is better it really comes down to cost. you get more bang for your buck in the EU then the US and fue is mainly used in Europe because it cost less to run compare to America thus cheaper graft estimates. if you compare prices of Shapiro to lorenzo u could still save a couple grand going with lorenzo even tho he's one of the expensive ones. most docs in the US charge about 8-10 bucks a grafts no sliding scale like lorenzo I think he charges 6 euros for the 1st thousand and then the price drops for however many you want on top. it's not t like that in the US which is why people go abroad.

The main reason anyone from the U.S. goes to Europe for hair surgery is absolutely the cost. However, when you calculate your travel costs (airfare, hotel nights, food, etc.) it essentially changes the per graft cost. It's still cheaper in Europe but you must calculate everything. Also, if there is an issue and you require any medical assistance, you may have an insurance problem overseas. That may not likely happen but it certainly has for some. Also, you can pay $5 per graft here in the states and that includes extractions and insertions ALL performed by the doctor. Lots more technicians are used in clinics overseas. Do your homework and good luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just the cost the skill is better outside of the US. I have been sold that with my fine hair that I need fut but there is a doctor in Belgium that is putting out fue mind blowing results on a consistent basis. I am blown away by what he does he gets better results with fue than most of the fut cases I have seen . He is the only doctor that has made me second think what I will do. He is not recommended on here but is amazing . Anyone that says fue in the US is even close to going abroad is lying .

It's not just the cost the skill is better outside of the US. I have been sold that with my fine hair that I need fut but there is a doctor in Belgium that is putting out fue mind blowing results on a consistent basis. I am blown away by what he does he gets better results with fue than most of the fut cases I have seen . He is the only doctor that has made me second think what I will do. He is not recommended on here but is amazing . Anyone that says fue in the US is even close to going abroad is lying .

Hi Jon, mind sharing whom you're referring to?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

His name is doctor Lupanzula and his work is mind blowing.

I checked out his work. its ok but far from mind blowing and the fact that no one has ever heard of him means he aint mind blowing and I didn't see any large procedures which is usually an indiction of the lack of skill or experience a doctor has.

decent hairlines but their too high up which is another indiction of lack of skill cause the further u put the hairline the more grafts one can squeeze in but the patient still looks balding as a result which defeats the purpose of a HT.

I don't think it is fair or accurate to suggest that doctors in Europe are doing better FUE hair transplants then physicians in the US. That said, there is no doubt that physicians in Europe seem to present more examples and quite impressive ones at that. Many doctors over in Europe only provide FUE as opposed to doctors in the US who still provide both strip and FUE.

Ultimately, I would spend some time evaluating the FUE work of all doctors you are considering both in Europe and the US and then making a decision whether to travel or not. Clearly there is a cost difference and that certainly makes it appealing to travel however, travel costs can be expensive as well.

FUE as a whole is generally not as consistent as strip but is certainly a viable procedure for some patients, especially those who are trying to maximize their donor by doing strip first.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I don't think it is fair or accurate to suggest that doctors in Europe are doing better FUE hair transplants then physicians in the US. That said, there is no doubt that physicians in Europe seem to present more examples and quite impressive ones at that. Many doctors over in Europe only provide FUE as opposed to doctors in the US who still provide both strip and FUE.

Ultimately, I would spend some time evaluating the FUE work of all doctors you are considering both in Europe and the US and then making a decision whether to travel or not. Clearly there is a cost difference and that certainly makes it appealing to travel however, travel costs can be expensive as well.

FUE as a whole is generally not as consistent as strip but is certainly a viable procedure for some patients, especially those who are trying to maximize their donor by doing strip first.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill,

Have you ever considered recommending Dr. Lupanzula? If so, do you mind sharing why he wasn't recommended?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

I would add Prohairclinic in Belgium to the list of Top FUE in Europe.

I am a frequent user of the Dutch hairloss site and ALL the WOW results are Prohairclinic. They seem to know what they are doing!

De Reys is also top, but he has issues with density lately.

I think it is incorrect to say that because some clinics do big sessions that it comes down to the ability to do so vs. not. No degree of skill can trump good judgement when talking about session size. This is why most top clinics that perform FUE will limit the session to 2500 or 3000 grafts. This is how the clinics in Europe do it and how the clinics in the US do it.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Mega-sessions are available in the U.S. My first surgery was 5,125 FUE grafts in September 2012.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I checked out his work. its ok but far from mind blowing and the fact that no one has ever heard of him means he aint mind blowing T.

Well that former member who used to work for H&W and Rahal recently had heard of him and took him on as a client.

Edited by mav23100gunther