Dr. Konior or Dr. Diep or Dr Rahal

Fetcher

I'm ready to take the plunge at 33, and have been a long time spectator on this site. My initial go to was Dr. Rahal. However, I'm starting to like Dr. Diep's hairline design technique, but I love that Dr. Konior is careful and very thorough about his work.

I need 1,000 grafts on each side of my recession. I'm only doing FUE.

What is everyone's opinion of these three doctors?

-Fetcher

Pick the one whose design you like as Konior and Diep are the same price for FUE I believe. If you prefer Diep design over Rahal - its your head, pay the extra as its not a massive amount of grafts.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• Administrators

I went to Dr. Diep for my hairline in my opinion he's one of the best in the business for hairlines and FUE. What I suggest doing is looking up patient reviews on this site, it's invaluable because cases on here are not cherry picked by the clinic, I've seen some impressive konoir FUE results there's one guy on here he goes by Matt he got FUE by Konoir, Rahal to be honest has had some poor FUE results and some good ones not as consistent as his FUT. Not sure how much konoir charged but I paid about $7 a graft for diep FUE.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Personally I am a much bigger fan of Rahal's hairlines than any other doctor, when it comes to hairline aesthetics he just "gets it" in a way no other surgeon does imo. That said, I agree with HTsoon that his FUE work is less consistently brilliant than his FUT results, based on what I've seen.

I also wouldn't discount Erdogan personally, he's exclusively FUE and does some dynamite hairline work. You really can't go too far wrong with Konior/Diep either (though there are precious few Konior FUE results floating around afaik) and ultimately it comes down to personal preference. :)

I think when it comes down to artistry for hairlines, Rahal is really amazing. Konior is probably on par with Rahal. That said, if you are only considering FUE, Rahal does use a tech / nurse to do a lot of the extractions. That's not to say the tech (Mike I believe) isn't highly trained, but it is something to be aware of.

Very tough choice but I think Dr Rahal's hairlines are unmatched. Why wouldn't you choose the guy called the "hairline King". I really like Konior, but his hairlines don't blow me away like Rahal's. I don't have an opinion on Diep other than the outstanding work I see he did on HTsoon.

I went to Dr. Diep for my hairline in my opinion he's one of the best in the business for hairlines and FUE. What I suggest doing is looking up patient reviews on this site, it's invaluable because cases on here are not cherry picked by the clinic, I've seen some impressive konoir FUE results there's one guy on here he goes by Matt he got FUE by Konoir, Rahal to be honest has had some poor FUE results and some good ones not as consistent as his FUT. Not sure how much konoir charged but I paid about $7 a graft for diep FUE.

Too be fair, all surgeons have some poor results. Also want to point out that these poor results from Rahal are not recent. I have seen no poor results from Rahal in the last year or so with the exception of Sean's repair.

Obviously I am a Rahal supporter, and it was his hairlines that sealed the deal for me, but full disclosure - I got FUT done with him.

• Administrators
mav23100gunther said:
Too be fair, all surgeons have some poor results. Also want to point out that these poor results from Rahal are not recent. I have seen no poor results from Rahal in the last year or so with the exception of Sean's repair.

Obviously I am a Rahal supporter, and it was his hairlines that sealed the deal for me, but full disclosure - I got FUT done with him.

This is true, no surgeon bats at 100, but I've heard some FUE rahal patients complain about over harvested donor appearance and poor growth, most recent is HLS2015, not saying anything bad about his FUT but his FUE to be honest doesn't have me convinced.

Op you should really consider Shapiro as well he's enowned for his hairline work. My advice is seek out actual patient reviews and videos, every body has their list of doctors, different forums will get you different lists, it's up to you to thoroughly research each Doctor. Also, if you're sticking with FUE it would be a mistake to not look in to Dr. Lorenzo.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

in this order- Konior, diep then rahal. have you consulted with all three? if you are close then see one of them in person. also go to some surgeons in your area if you can and have them look at your head in person. I had many consults over the years. I ended up going with diep. I'm two weeks post op so I have a long long way to go before my final result

in this order- Konior, diep then rahal. have you consulted with all three? if you are close then see one of them in person. also go to some surgeons in your area if you can and have them look at your head in person. I had many consults over the years. I ended up going with diep. I'm two weeks post op so I have a long long way to go before my final result

Agree with this. Try to have consults with all three. Konior would be my first choice.

I would investigate Dr Konior further. His work is very refined and consistent. You may want to ask his objective opinion about FUE versus FUT for your case as well.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

I'm ready to take the plunge at 33, and have been a long time spectator on this site. My initial go to was Dr. Rahal. However, I'm starting to like Dr. Diep's hairline design technique, but I love that Dr. Konior is careful and very thorough about his work.

I need 1,000 grafts on each side of my recession. I'm only doing FUE.

What is everyone's opinion of these three doctors?

-Fetcher

In regards to hairlines it's hard to look anywhere else other than the "Hairline King". I am 5 weeks post op and i had FUT but the overall experience with the clinic so far has been top notch! I think you are in good hands with any of the 3 surgeons mentioned but based on my experience my vote would be for Rahal.