best solution for UK patient?

hello!

I have severe baldness and I am looking for a large FUE (maybe 5k grafts?)

Which UK surgeons would be best to visit?

I would also consider EU, but only in advanced countries.

I read that UK doesn't have good and experienced surgeons, is that true?

Maybe USA or Canada would offer better value for money and better results?

thanks!

Post some pictures. There are some recommended surgeons in UK, but generally UK tends to be pricey, as well as USA. Best bet would be either Turkey or India.

but with recent attacks in Ankara, Istanbul etc..I am unsure as to the safety...though I am pretty sure most of Turkey is pretty safe to travel.

My Thread: 

Post pictures of your back donor areas, as well as sides. Depending upon what your donor looks line one can let u know how many grafts would be required. Looks like from the picture ur NW6, needs careful planning.

My Thread: 

a high NW pattern like yours probably requires more than 1 surgery - no one "mainstream" will do 5k grafts via FUE in one sitting - you have to attack your situation in stages or zones of your hair loss - ie. frontal zone first, then mid-scalp to crown, etc. and depending on your donor you may not have enough grafts to do a crown restoration - so yes, what was said earlier is absolutely true - you need a plan of attack for high norwoods - its not as simple as one surgery and you're done

hello!

I have severe baldness and I am looking for a large FUE (maybe 5k grafts?)

Which UK surgeons would be best to visit?

I would also consider EU, but only in advanced countries.

I read that UK doesn't have good and experienced surgeons, is that true?

Maybe USA or Canada would offer better value for money and better results?

thanks!

You need better lighting in your photo my man. As best as I can tell you are at a very near starting point as me with slightly more loss in your crown than me. But you look like you took this photo in a submarine.

Best bet is Belgium or Spain (Lorenzo) for advanced countries. They specialize in FUE which is up your alley.

What are your goals? I think 5000 will do you a lot of good but for example with your advanced hair loss (near to mine) you will probably only be able to sprinkle your crown with maybe 800-1000 grafts as you will want the other 4k focused on recreating a hairline with solid density and then good coverage in the front to back scalp. The back of the crown you won't be able to get the same density unless you are going up over 6K IMO from photos.

FUE to 5K should be reasonable...past that it gets dicey depending on your hair density, hair diameter, scalp size, etc.

There are good FUE surgeons in USA - but they cost way more. You might as well take the train to Belgium and save yourself the time flight cost and save $$$$ as FUE is cheaper in western Europe.

Go get a consultation in UK then Belgium and compare and contrast and talk to your doctor if they think you can get 6K out of your head FUE only.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

What planning does NW6 need? Can't post more pictures, I have no one to take for me.

The bald area is bigger than donor area in NW6, often careful planning is required so that limited donor hairs are used in artistic way, limited number of grafts may also require use of body hairs for HT to be drawn as supplemental donor pool.

Having clear pictures of donor hair makes it easy.

Howevevr I suggest you send your pictures to reputed surgeons which u may choose and also consider in person consult to assess for donor quality and quantity.

My Thread: 

Invest in a 10 pound selfie stick it is important to supply clinics with high res images where the density into the donor can be seen. Take photos outside or if that is not possible during daylight by a window with no flash.

You must visit some clinics in the UK for an assessment of your donor hair in person if you are really struggling with photos. I would be very suspicious of any clinic that can give you an accurate recommendation of number of grafts from the photo you have supplied. It is obvious to see that you need 5000 plus grafts but it is not possible to tell whether that is realistic.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is just guessing, it might be easy for the clinic just to tell you that they can do 5000 fue based on that photo but you might end up very disappointed when you arrive at the clinic. The more accurate your photos the more accurate the clinic will be in assessing your suitability for a procedure and recommendation of grafts.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The gentleman seems to have pre-drawn conclusions about where he needs to get it done, though he seems to be looking for cheaper options other than sub-par (most of them) UK clinics. All the best with that.

Sometimes its good to keep your options open. Not everything western or eastern for that matter is good or excellent.

When I looked into getting hair transplant treatment i wanted it local and did not know any better.

After alot of research i became aware of the importance of choosing a reputable surgeon.

'You must visit some clinics in the UK for an assessment of your donor hair in person'

From my experience the clinics will not just do a assessment of the donor hair for nothing. I mean they will want to do the treatment even and this is the most important if he is suitable candidate or not.

They will just give him a graft number and price.

Nothing about future hair loss or the quality of the donor hair etc

(With the exception of Farjo)

Nothing about future hair loss or the quality of the donor hair etc

When you are nw6 or nw7, your fate is sealed (unless you have exceptional donor hair and a big wallet). What worse future loss can an person with such high loss preserve for. There is medication; fin (which I found works very well for the donor from my experience). You are correct regarding donor hair. It is always best to check the quailty, density, whether the doner itself is miniaturizing etc

Turkey is good and what would you define as mainstream. Uk is dire as ive had HT in UK and Turkey and would not go in UK it was backwards.

Turkey is having an issue but i would still go you can be killed anywhere in Uk my wife works within mental institutions and enough risk on the streets thanks to Goverment cuts.

You also need better pictures as from the dire quality pic you seem very thin on hair shaft n donor, maybe i am wrong.

Have an open mind and do alot of research as its a major under going if you get it wrong.

• Administrators
When you are nw6 or nw7, your fate is sealed (unless you have exceptional donor hair and a big wallet). What worse future loss can an person with such high loss preserve for. There is medication; fin (which I found works very well for the donor from my experience). You are correct regarding donor hair. It is always best to check the quailty, density, whether the doner itself is miniaturizing etc

I have to agree, if you're a Norwood 6 all you have to preserve are the lateral humps, if you're Norwood 7 you have nothing left to preserve shouldn't waste money on hairloss prevention drugs that ship has sailed. Good strategic planning is crucial. The most important thing of going to an in person consult when you're a Norwood 6 is to check the donor for miniaturization. In most cases clinics may not tell a Norwood 6 patient about future loss because technically there's no more hair on top to lose, the only thing that could be lost are the side walls (lateral humps).

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

which in Belgium please?

In Belgium I would consider Bisanga and Feriduni. In the UK Ball (Maitland clinic) and Farjo.

You need better lighting in your photo my man. As best as I can tell you are at a very near starting point as me with slightly more loss in your crown than me. But you look like you took this photo in a submarine.

Best bet is Belgium or Spain (Lorenzo) for advanced countries. They specialize in FUE which is up your alley.

What are your goals? I think 5000 will do you a lot of good but for example with your advanced hair loss (near to mine) you will probably only be able to sprinkle your crown with maybe 800-1000 grafts as you will want the other 4k focused on recreating a hairline with solid density and then good coverage in the front to back scalp. The back of the crown you won't be able to get the same density unless you are going up over 6K IMO from photos.

FUE to 5K should be reasonable...past that it gets dicey depending on your hair density, hair diameter, scalp size, etc.

There are good FUE surgeons in USA - but they cost way more. You might as well take the train to Belgium and save yourself the time flight cost and save $$$$ as FUE is cheaper in western Europe.

Go get a consultation in UK then Belgium and compare and contrast and talk to your doctor if they think you can get 6K out of your head FUE only.

Where in Belgium please?

In Belgium I would consider Bisanga and Feriduni. In the UK Ball (Maitland clinic) and Farjo.

I don't like Farjo's results and his marketing approach (too aggressive).

I would consider Rheddy and hshairclinic, although I would like to know who operates there.

Not impressed by Ferudini

Rashid,

You took part of my sentence and quoted me. Treatment says he can't take anymore photos, with the photo he supplied no reputable clinic can make a recommendation so he needs to visit some reputable clinics in the UK for an assessment of his donor in person. Despite the general consensus there are some good and ethical ones out there that will offer good advice and several have been named in this thread.

Treatment, you should fix up appointments to visit the clinics and meet the Doctors that would be performing your surgery. Make a list of questions that you have and take that list with you so you can get the most from the consultation.

Good luck to you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yes,

Reading on here what some people have experienced when all they wanted was a ht is really shocking.

It's great there are so many good people here, all in one place, giving such good advice to each other.

Lucky!