2yr results / 5013 FUE / Dr. Koray Erdogan

jsnw

It's been 2 years and a few days since I had my surgery with Dr. Koray. 5013 fue grafts over 2 days. I couldn't be happier with the results. I only wish I would have done it sooner. Most of my growth was in the first 5-11 months, but the crown took around 15 months to mature. Not sure that much has changed in the last 6 months or so other than my hair getting a little thicker.

One of the best things about having the surgery done was being able to quit Propecia and all the other crap I was trying to keep my hair from disappearing. I was on Propecia for about 18 years and quit about 8 months ago. I was paranoid about stopping but if I've lost any hair I can't tell. I had a small number of grafts put in the crown area during my procedure with Dr. Koray and I think it helped a lot. I still want to go back and do another 1500 or so grafts in the crown then I'll be done.

Here are my before and after pictures. Some better than others. I wish I would have documented the whole thing better but I think after the hair comes back you kind of move on and don't really think about it. Thanks again to this forum. I researched for a long time before making a decision and thankfully I made the right one with everyone's help.

1.jpg.23f6131bb0608b5b849da6e9e418cb46.jpg

2.jpg.3b8e20812ff5d51f17d6567a7448460c.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.c07a0262af8754852517fab0deb8f19a.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.27ded46ae0315f82c54cecf1743246f6.jpg

5.jpg.0208f2a105092bfc78d897e22ee659f2.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.0fc05da85224840fa7bcc18413c62bd3.jpg

7.jpg.a4b56e1ca3e8af4a425b45840c804ede.jpg

8.JPG.f0af4a94ca67be84f9ba05774759cd16.JPG

9.jpg.2f00ff0351748af0a7f27e57ac814d35.jpg

10.jpg.5bcf61095f55e61257a64cd45115f688.jpg

You weren't "that" bad before but damn son your hair is amazing now. Nice result!

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

since you have been on finasteride for so long , can you please share your feelings since you quit. I mean your DHT must be sky high now. Any changes in mood ,libido ? I think DHT have a significant role in perception of life and world around you.

Thanks for the comments guys.

un13 - I don't think the drug ever really caused me side effects. Sometimes I wondered if I didn't notice the side effects because they happened slowly over time. I was curious about that when I stopped, but, 8 months later, I don't feel anything different. No mood changes, no increase in libido, no noticeable hair loss which was surprising. I've got a blood test coming up & I'll get my DHT levels checked again. I'll be curious to see if they are still at 0 after stopping the drug for 8 months.

Congratulations on your excellent results. I also had over 5,125 grafts over 3 1/2 days back in 2012. Your pictures show similar results to what I experienced. Like you....many people tell me I look much younger. By the way, I've never taken any medications for hair loss and never plan to.

Before%2Band%2BAfter.png

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Amazing! You seriously look so much younger. So much congrats dude.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

Curious as to why you quit propecia after 18 years if you didn't get any side effects?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the comments guys!

JohnCasper - I'll probably be going to Dr. Vories for the crown work later this year. Not sure if it's worth the trip to go to Turkey again for 1500 grafts or so. I'm in Atlanta so just a short drive away.

ersko72 - How are things progressing? 3 months is about when I started to forget about the surgery. You're about to get into those magical months when all the growth happens. Enjoy the ride!

HTsoon - A few reasons. 1. I didn't think I needed it anymore after my new hair grew in. I figured I had enough hair that if I lost some after quitting it wouldn't be noticeable. So far that's been the case. 2. One of the big reasons I had the surgery was in hopes of one day being able to quit the drugs and all the other products I was always trying to keep my hair. Just wanted to live a normal life again. 3. I was curious what would happen. I've read much about the side effects but never experienced them. I wondered if they just happened slowly over time & I didn't notice. Unfortunately, 8 months after quitting, I can't tell you that I suddenly see the world more clearly and have a libido that's through the roof.

jsnw, at 3.5 months I still look obvious, in part because I've been buzzing my hair #4 blade and now that my new hair is sprouting the change in density is obvious. I've decided to grow it to a normal length now and see where it lands. So far no worrying signs that I'm not on track. :)