2850 FUE Grafts Nov 18-2015 Donor Area ISSUES

Hi Everyone,

I had a FUE Surgery with Acell+PRP on Nov 18, 2015@ ESTEWORLD Turkey. I am 41 years old and NW6. The doctor told me I have to go through 2 procedures. The first procedure 2850 Grafts. I am not using minoxil or finesteride. I used finesteride for 1 month I had terrible side effects and than I quit.

My questions

1- what do you think about the donor area after 4 months?

2-How many more grafts can be taken from this donor?

3-Is it possible donor area to recover in the coming months?

4-Your comments on overall HT

Thanks in Advance..

BEFORE.jpeg.5d2c5ab61ae09fe5470bd7b99e19ad90.jpeg

After-10-Days-Past-FUE.jpg.a3db70ec5fc5028237ae072007e66030.jpg

3.5Months-Past-Fue-Donor-Area.jpg.bb4cd2a5290e06f9239fc3d2a2bf94b1.jpg

4-Months-Past-FUE.png.83655693b65887c25d48a2aeb44350be.png

2-Months-Past-FUE-DonorArea.jpg.0d88e72b793141b82087e651f3a01212.jpg

Edited by after40HairTransplant

• Administrators

To be honest you are a norwood 7 not 6, your lateral humps have receded and dropped, its a good thing you are not taking finasteride because there is no point in taking finasteride in your case, anyone who advises you to take finasteride is basically telling you to risk side effects for no benefit. Some may say that your sides may continue to drop, but I doubt it, I think the norwood 7 pattern is there and if they continue to drop risking side effects is certainly not worth saving that just my opinion.

Now with your questions, your donor area might have some shock loss, I would wait a full year to see how it recovers. currently I would say you have about 1,500 or 2,000 grafts left. How does your current transplant look? where did they place the grafts? you should focus your remaining grafts on connecting the lateral humps (sides) to your hairline to make it look as natural as possible, I doubt you'll have any grafts left for the crown. You could always do BHT to the crown.

Edit: I just saw the placement of the grafts, I have to say that I'm concerned they shouldn't have covered your whole head with that amount of grafts, the density is going to be extremely poor, please go to another surgeon, do not return to whoever did that.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Everyone,

I had a FUE Surgery with Acell+PRP on Nov 18, 2015. I am 41 years old and NW6. The doctor told me I have to go through 2 procedures. The first procedure 2850 Grafts. I am not using minoxil or finesteride. I used finesteride for 1 month I had terrible side effects and than I quit.

My questions

1- what do you think about the donor area after 4 months?

2-How many more grafts can be taken from this donor?

3-Is it possible donor area to recover in the coming months?

Thanks in Advance..

I have the same concern as HTSoon on your graft placement. Even before looking at your photo I would say you need 2 passes as a NW6 (or 7) if your 1st pass is only 2850. For "pretty darn good coverage" you should be estimating 6000 grafts as your 2 passes so you are going to want a 3000 or so 2nd surgery.

Then I looked at your graft photo and I dont like the strategy of covering the entire scalp. It appears you went all the way back into the crown with less than 3000? You are going to have mediocre density all over IMO - I've seen some people try this and personally I dont like the cosmetic effect - it makes you look thinning all over. I think the better strategy is to rebuild the front half to two thirds and then be "relatively bald" in the back third//crown as it at least frames your face from the front where 90% of people see you.

I always ask people who did this strategy - was it your idea or the doctor's? Did you discuss the difference between the 2 strategies?

If you can afford it I'd go and get the 2nd surgery within 12-18 months since I think you are going to not love the lack of density when this grows out. If you had focused just on the front half I think you could have gotten away with waiting for a few years for your 2nd surgery if you preferred.

As to your questions really you should ask the doctor what graft availability you had as he was right there. You should be able to get 4-5K wih FUE overall I'd think but nothing beats a doctor looking at your head. You need to check for miniaturization to make sure you are not pulling for any areas that are at risk.

When people shave the donor so close like this it is difficult to evaluate it from photos. Cropped hair always looks more thin than grown out hair style.

My honest opinion is you have generally limited hair supply so you probably wanted to do a strip surgery as long as you didnt want to wear your hair short rest of life as I think you would have gotten more grafts in total. Now you have a finite area you can pull from and you can only pull 1 out of every 3/4 grafts in that finite area without risking showing thinning. With strip you could have taken 100% of those grafts from the prime donor area and in your case you need every single valuable one.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I always ask people who did this strategy - was it your idea or the doctor's? Did you discuss the difference between the 2 strategies?

If you can afford it I'd go and get the 2nd surgery within 12-18 months since I think you are going to not love the lack of density when this grows out. If you had focused just on the front half I think you could have gotten away with waiting for a few years for your 2nd surgery if you preferred.

As to your questions really you should ask the doctor what graft availability you had as he was right there. You should be able to get 4-5K wih FUE overall I'd think but nothing beats a doctor looking at your head. You need to check for miniaturization to make sure you are not pulling for any areas that are at risk.

When people shave the donor so close like this it is difficult to evaluate it from photos. Cropped hair always looks more thin than grown out hair style.

My honest opinion is you have generally limited hair supply so you probably wanted to do a strip surgery as long as you didnt want to wear your hair short rest of life as I think you would have gotten more grafts in total. Now you have a finite area you can pull from and you can only pull 1 out of every 3/4 grafts in that finite area without risking showing thinning. With strip you could have taken 100% of those grafts from the prime donor area and in your case you need every single valuable one.

>>>Well, Honestly I just leaved it up to Esteworld Turkey. I am definitely up for a second surgery as soon as my donor area recovers. They also recommended a ACELL+PRP treatment at the time of FUE surgery last november, and I OKed it. So I wonder if Acell will create a miracle in the donor area?

Thanks a lot.

I am also concerned about the donor area, especially after 4 months. I've had over 7,000 grafts and you couldn't even tell I had them harvested after about a month. I do have excellent donor areas and blonde hair which can make a visible difference because of color contrast of my hair and scalp. Your dark hair may not hide the donor area as well but after 4 months you shouldn't be able to tell you've moved hair from the donor areas. Let's hope for additional growth and thickening down the road.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

Everyone grows transplanted hair at different rates but I'm posting two pictures. First picture is prior to surgery and the next is about the same time frame as you.....6 months. You can see more pictures at my blog... MyFUEhairtransplant.com and see more pictures. Hope this gives you some perspective. Be patient, your growth rate may be a bit slower. Hang in there.

PIC_0007_1.JPGPIC_0245.JPG

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

To be honest you are a norwood 7 not 6, your lateral humps have receded and dropped, its a good thing you are not taking finasteride because there is no point in taking finasteride in your case, anyone who advises you to take finasteride is basically telling you to risk side effects for no benefit. Some may say that your sides may continue to drop, but I doubt it, I think the norwood 7 pattern is there and if they continue to drop risking side effects is certainly not worth saving that just my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. There is an obvious fringe of miniaturized hair that could be improved with medication, including his parietal humps. Medication on cases of advanced hair loss with obvious perimeter miniaturization can mean the difference of a couple thousand grafts and in case like this, every graft counts.

The updated photos show that the donor area has recovered from what was most likely some degree of donor shock. I was concerned with the four month photos but not any longer. Fortunately you still have some time to see improvements but with the spacing of the grafts I think it is clear that more work is necessary to at least improve the front but you should proceed with extreme caution.You are at the tipping point where, if the donor harvest is not performed carefully, you will have a depleted donor zone may look unnatural.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Yeah, I think any more work and you need to strengthen up the front. It's amazing what you can do with a strong hairline. There's no turning back at this point. I would make sure you got multiple consultations until you know exactly what your up against.

I would carefully monitor that donor area. The clinic might have screwed things up with improper extractions and a jacked up extraction pattern. It could be permanent shockloss if it doesnt recover in few months.

This is the type of incompetence that screws a lot of paying patients. You look at extractions that are in larger amounts by certain docs and you cant see such halos, but with some others, its like your talking to tons of donor area jacked up patients daily via pm. This is unacceptable. No doctor should have a rookie tech extract on a patients head and do tons of extractions, it means you didnt do what is safe for the patient. It Is getting quite frustrating to see this type of stuff but it exists and some known docs hide these things. Extractions should be done by highly experienced doctors with the utmost care. If you want to make money, do it ethically or be reported to proper channels.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...