3800 grafts/fut With Dr Ali Karadeniz

mosd

You just need to wait and contact with the doctor he would definitely say something or he will be more professional that will start from the stuff. I recommend you to contact also with HLC clinic Dr. Ozgur Oztan

Not sure that i understand?

• 4 weeks later...
Chris, do you really think so? I still cant se big changes.

Also last night one friend told me, " mosd,your hair is getting really thin"

I think it looks improved compared to your 7 and 8 month photo's . The quality of your latest photo's aren't that great to be fair , so may be able to better judge with clearer photo's.

Pictures with better quality. Sent the pictures to the doctor and he offered me a free touch up.

He thinks that majority of the grafts grew. I'm not so sure of it because it's thin all over and just a little little little better from where I started.

IMG_20161102_115455.thumb.jpg.a256bf4212a110e9564ff92ceb047cf6.jpg

IMG_20161102_113045.thumb.jpg.a55b0454a45404d98ade2a3e01bf9590.jpg

well if you look in other threads even H & W fails with hair transplant and they charge $$$$$. Even Bhatti fails as you can read in other threads. Im starting to think this is like black jack... its gamling really.

• Administrators
well if you look in other threads even H & W fails with hair transplant and they charge $$$$$. Even Bhatti fails as you can read in other threads. Im starting to think this is like black jack... its gamling really.

This is true mosd, no procedure is ever guaranteed, but my personal thought is that if the doctor didn't get right the first time, he should at least explain why the result failed and what he could do differently the second time. Otherwise, you're taking an even bigger risk IMO. The fact that your doctor is saying most of the grafts grew is a bit alarming to me.

I will tell you like I told Dutchie, without a doubt there was some growth, but definitely not 3,800 grafts. You have a lot going for you though IMO, you have a lot of native hair, and your donor hair looks very good, plus your donor characteristics is favorable, you have thick black hair. If you go to the right surgeon, getting a good result is not going to be difficult for you, I think you should go FUE next surgery and get the scar filled in. Last year was a year that a lot of FUT clinics campaigned and lobbied for FUT, they made it seem like FUT was a guarantee, well the truth is that no procedure is a guarantee, the only guarantee is the scarring. I'm confident things will work out well for you given your circumstance.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Here is me 1 year after my surgery. After 3800 grafts ( 8000 hairs)

Sometimes its hard for me to see if theres any change at all. The doctor says that i have around 100 hairs per cm2 in the corners and hairline. He says that approx all the grafts grew. Maybe my hairs are so thin that 100 hairs per cm2 dont give good coverage.

I dont know if this surgery was low yield, or maybe in fact everything grew but we spread the grafts over a to big area.

Anyhow both scenarios makes me sad. Cause after all im still not happy with my hair. But i really hope that the grafts grew. Off course this is much better.

DSCF9487.thumb.jpg.e1a92e94c274923fb5968f63c727b9cf.jpg

DSCF9488.thumb.jpg.947922632584656fdfc265ebc5dadc4f.jpg

DSCF9489.thumb.jpg.966609e1ad8b63f3bf26fb00fb348627.jpg

DSCF9490.thumb.jpg.192b5069446f41492f208b9412c64d97.jpg

DSCF9491.thumb.jpg.8bab216746a91b5384d192f93472d5ff.jpg

DSCF9492.thumb.jpg.cfc9616f549fa40c5cf4b7b952754f05.jpg

DSCF9493.thumb.jpg.3d821f439403ca1b32acddc151bc3860.jpg

DSCF9495.thumb.jpg.63dff50380592912c6da5ca46b35be05.jpg

DSCF9500.thumb.jpg.cdfd3b0a0306972efa59c7c4f786e629.jpg

DSCF9504.thumb.jpg.7a3b2358e1e1cfe7195716bac3cf1442.jpg

Edited by mosd

Here is me before the surgery with DR ali karedeniz

Like I said at the very beginning, from looking at your before pictures, you already had what looks like sufficient coverage and density. I'm at a loss as to why the Dr placed so many grafts over such a large area. To me it looks like you only really needed hairline work. Am I the only person who sees this?

Like I said at the very beginning, from looking at your before pictures, you already had what looks like sufficient coverage and density. I'm at a loss as to why the Dr placed so many grafts over such a large area. To me it looks like you only really needed hairline work. Am I the only person who sees this?

This is my biggest regret. Imagine what 3000 grafts in the front would have done. And 800 grafts into the crown.

AAAAAHHHHH regret this so much. This makes me feel really sad and bad. Cant stop thinking of how my hair would be. And how much time i could put on other things in life instead of thinking about my hair.

:(

This is my biggest regret. Imagine what 3000 grafts in the front would have done. And 800 grafts into the crown.

AAAAAHHHHH regret this so much. This makes me feel really sad and bad. Cant stop thinking of how my hair would be. And how much time i could put on other things in life instead of thinking about my hair.

:(

Dude, stop worrying about your hair, you've got a good natural hairline there. Having said that, this result is really questioning my decision on going with Dr K when I have my first HT.

Have you shown Dr K these pictures? I would be surprised if he didn't offer a follow up operation in light of the result.

Dude, stop worrying about your hair, you've got a good natural hairline there. Having said that, this result is really questioning my decision on going with Dr K when I have my first HT.

Have you shown Dr K these pictures? I would be surprised if he didn't offer a follow up operation in light of the result.

The doctor did offer me a free touch up. I took up on the offer. I got 1200 grafts. (2700 hairs) To thicken up the hairline.

IMG_20170117_182904.thumb.jpg.ccc2edc163c13acdad920187b48e488e.jpg

IMG_20170117_182908.thumb.jpg.899b63a9d0699640b422716354860b70.jpg

IMG_20170117_182913.thumb.jpg.56b622a18bda4c8f445335522138b7b5.jpg

The doctor did offer me a free touch up. I took up on the offer. I got 1200 grafts. (2700 hairs) To thicken up the hairline.

I'm not entirely sure which part of the op you are unsatisfied with but if it were me, I'd want a better hairline, like mav23100gunther says. I'm puzzled why this wasn't addressed on the touch up but maybe you were more unhappy with the density?

I'm not entirely sure which part of the op you are unsatisfied with but if it were me, I'd want a better hairline, like mav23100gunther says. I'm puzzled why this wasn't addressed on the touch up but maybe you were more unhappy with the density?

what do you mean? Dont you like the hairline in the second surgery?

I was obviously not happy with the first OP. After 3800 grafts i wanted more density and a better hairline. Since this was a free touch up the doctor refused to do anything with the hairline. I offered to pay money for it but the doctor refused.

Haha first you say i should stop worry about my hairline, and then say you question if you should get anything done by Dr K.

How can i stop worry when i can barely see a difference after 3800 grafts...

Hopefully the touch up will at least make things thicker. But im still not happy for wasting 3800 grafts...It really makes me sad.

what do you mean? Dont you like the hairline in the second surgery?

I was obviously not happy with the first OP. After 3800 grafts i wanted more density and a better hairline. Since this was a free touch up the doctor refused to do anything with the hairline. I offered to pay money for it but the doctor refused.

I'm not sure why the doctor would refuse to do anything with the hair-line can you expand on that? you seem to imply it was because it was a free 'touch up' but you said he refused even though you offered to pay.