3800 grafts/fut With Dr Ali Karadeniz

mosd

yes it was trico, the doc did shave my hair also but not all the way.

When did you notice the shockloss?

I suspected this around the 7 day mark , but was certain at 14 days as my hair grew . The Dr confirmed what I already knew a few days later . Was pretty concerned at first , but after checking out the forums realised it's not as rare as you may think with the strip procedure .

Mosd:

Great write-up. These kinds of presentations are very helpful to others researching a hair transplant.

The work looks neat and proper too. I'm not too familiar with Dr Karadeniz, but his FUT skills appear refined. I agree with your decision to have the FUT technique too. I considered both myself and came to the same conclusion.

I will follow your thread closely and truly look forward to updated postings.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Mosd:

Great write-up. These kinds of presentations are very helpful to others researching a hair transplant.

The work looks neat and proper too. I'm not too familiar with Dr Karadeniz, but his FUT skills appear refined. I agree with your decision to have the FUT technique too. I considered both myself and came to the same conclusion.

I will follow your thread closely and truly look forward to updated postings.

thx bro :)

For less than 3 weeks that looks pretty good .Another few weeks and it wont be visible .Was it a tricho' closure by the way ?

I had my head shaved for my procedure , so took a lot longer to hide . The scar is not visible from the sides now ( post op 8 weeks ) , but unfortunately got shock loss for a short length of the scar at the rear which is still visible .

Yeah, I'm suffering the same shock loss problem in the donor region as well and I'm at the 50 day mark. It also happened during my 1st procedure, but it corrected itself after 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 30-35 days.

Think i shedded almost all the transplanted hairs, but at the hairline i can see a few that still are staying strong :)

Scar : Left side perfect! Right side coming along but still not full coverage. Easy to easy with concealers.

Worst thing about hair transplant? The wait and the down time.

IMG_20160220_180308.thumb.jpg.061e7770afef6b5976e209fb6c5ad548.jpg

IMG_20160220_180407.thumb.jpg.e0df947ad5eb8939fcb19e1aac5af863.jpg

IMG_20160224_184234.thumb.jpg.9f2cd329c5ee516306e3ed007891c6be.jpg

IMG_20160225_015455.jpg.b84b659c8efdebd06bd747e0121512b7.jpg

I don't get this, looks Ike you had alot of hair and coverage before. 3,800 grafts seems excessive. I get that the hairline needed some work, but where else did it go?

Yes I can agree with this quite a bit. I can see doing the front and maybe touch up some spots in the back but I think 3800 was a lot to use at this early in life but that's me and to each their own head. I just get worried when people under 30 use 3000+. Hopefully he never goes past NW3.

Also mosd are you Indian - just curious. Your hair is thick and "wavy" so sort of has that characteristic of Asian - another reason I would think you could have gotten away with maybe 1000 less grafts at this early of an age.

You are going to have a massive mop of hair here in a year based on what I see and with that many grafts to a very non bald head. The next 5-7 years should be glorious and I know a lot of guys in mid to late 20s only think that far out so hopefully it all works out 10+ years. You have your hair density working for you down the road too no matter what so it looks like 1000 grafts for you will be worth 1500+ for a typical guy.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

For you guys whom done a transplant and started minoxidil after, when did you start?

I think roughly day 10, and I think it helps, but adds pink to your scalp. But I dont care about near term asthetics as much as some - if it helps to reconnect blood vessels and pushes yield from say 94% to 97% I'll take pink for 2-3 months for 3% more hair. But I'm in a lot more desperate straights lol.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Yes I can agree with this quite a bit. I can see doing the front and maybe touch up some spots in the back but I think 3800 was a lot to use at this early in life but that's me and to each their own head. I just get worried when people under 30 use 3000+. Hopefully he never goes past NW3.

Also mosd are you Indian - just curious. Your hair is thick and "wavy" so sort of has that characteristic of Asian - another reason I would think you could have gotten away with maybe 1000 less grafts at this early of an age.

You are going to have a massive mop of hair here in a year based on what I see and with that many grafts to a very non bald head. The next 5-7 years should be glorious and I know a lot of guys in mid to late 20s only think that far out so hopefully it all works out 10+ years. You have your hair density working for you down the road too no matter what so it looks like 1000 grafts for you will be worth 1500+ for a typical guy.

Thanks for your comment :)

I am not indian but im from Asia. I have very coarse and thick hair at the donor. When you doctor shaved me he and the nurses started to laugh cause the machine sounded like it was going to die due to thick and coarse hair.

So why did i and the doctor use that many grafts?

1. The doctor thinks that i have about 10k-12k grafts fut and fue combined. Hopefully hes right. + i have a pretty thick beard just in case. I didnt like to do a hair transplant, it wasnt as pleasent as everybody says so hopefully i wont need one for a while.

2. As you also mentioned sometimes you see young guys placing 3k grafts just on the hairline. That is not the case with me. We placed 3800 grafts over the whole top. From the hearline back to the crown.

In this case even if i thin out in a couple of years i hopefully still will have some coverage.

3. If i thin out in the future i still only placed grafts where i probably will need them in the future.

Sorry for a long post :)

How are your transplant coming along. Couldnt find the thread

• 1 month later...

A update for you guys.

Its been 2 months and 3 weeks. Can se about 30-50 new hairs starting to grow around the hairline.

Questions: I still feel like im worse now from where i started is this normal at almost 3 months? Can be because my hair is shorter also. Dont know.

IMG_20160416_142758.thumb.jpg.7763ca707acae324685605cd9b5db65d.jpg

IMG_20160416_142810.thumb.jpg.a2690086bdf48432b8da980be0530307.jpg

IMG_20160416_142814.thumb.jpg.f3f1752ea2da752b03b9d89e8f8da597.jpg

IMG_20160416_142822.thumb.jpg.121ef54ec7e55a4ec43bf5e62c216b9c.jpg

Still have some shockloss at the right side but it dont bother me.

Question : Will the whole red line be my white scar? Or will the white scar appear thinner when the red fade away?

IMG_20160416_142223.thumb.jpg.dab752ec7d3803ae759546930153ff48.jpg

IMG_20160416_142312.thumb.jpg.97bdca6e757e04f5dafaaa32e87b3595.jpg

A update for you guys.

Its been 2 months and 3 weeks. Can se about 30-50 new hairs starting to grow around the hairline.

Questions: I still feel like im worse now from where i started is this normal at almost 3 months? Can be because my hair is shorter also. Dont know.

It;s still early days , so nothing to be concerned about .I'm sure it will start to kick in nicely over the next 2 months.

I've just hit the 4 month mark and it's just now starting to look fuller than pre-op . It's probably improved more than I imagine in my case , but because we all get impatient and fixated on growth on an almost daily basis , it seems like nothing is happening .

It looks like you had shock loss at the donor in an area similar to mine , but my shock loss was more severe . Anyway , that has pretty much resolved itself now with no sign of it anymore.

It;s still early days , so nothing to be concerned about .I'm sure it will start to kick in nicely over the next 2 months.

I've just hit the 4 month mark and it's just now starting to look fuller than pre-op . It's probably improved more than I imagine in my case , but because we all get impatient and fixated on growth on an almost daily basis , it seems like nothing is happening .

It looks like you had shock loss at the donor in an area similar to mine , but my shock loss was more severe . Anyway , that has pretty much resolved itself now with no sign of it anymore.

hopefully i will get back to how i looked before OP soon :) At the moment i look worse.

hopefully i will get back to how i looked before OP soon :) At the moment i look worse.

I had the same problem until 3 and a half months which is when I hit the exact same look I had immediately pre-op. I think it's because of temp shockloss to the existing hair, especially in our cases where the surgeon transplanted into an area with existing hairs.

I had the same problem until 3 and a half months which is when I hit the exact same look I had immediately pre-op. I think it's because of temp shockloss to the existing hair, especially in our cases where the surgeon transplanted into an area with existing hairs.

hopefully :) Im looking forward to when things start growing. These past 3 month had put my patience to new levels :)

3 month update!!! Hopefully the hardest part is behind me :)

As you can se on the pictures im still not where i was before the operation.

Also i feel that i had little regrowth for 3 month. There is about 10 grafts on each side of the hairline that has started growing.

Comments?

IMG_20160422_155655.thumb.jpg.48bfd46a039dfd2de98efe833a600fc7.jpg

IMG_20160422_160106.thumb.jpg.baa9cc4d6ac5a8f5d6f22dbe572af3ef.jpg

IMG_20160422_155900.thumb.jpg.4bad41ae1f24dee9a6192a450f42659c.jpg

IMG_20160422_155823.thumb.jpg.dcdde592f07a5acf7e3ccb05f6f9e120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

expectations at 3-4 month : Hair back to normal and able to live normal life.

Reality: Hair is worse than before OP.

Still not seeing much in term of regrowth, i can count the new hairs in the hairline. Its about 5-20 on each side.

Is this normal?

IMG_20160503_182859.thumb.jpg.9ea484e1ce3c544bed1a1be8b977ee0b.jpg

IMG_20160503_183014.thumb.jpg.3d35dce01770a640082bd53c4befdd17.jpg

IMG_20160503_183129.thumb.jpg.c799782990f14f6881beabeec5b045ab.jpg

IMG_20160503_183213.thumb.jpg.2916a8e29208f4f60983681f95b4a21c.jpg

I would have expected you to be "sprouting" by now.

Your Dr appears to have good credentials and is quite well known. I see he is IAHRS approved & also a Diplomate of The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. I would be surprised if you didn't get a good result, especially given it was FUT. Is he also a recommended Dr on this site? If so the moderators may be able to assist you?

As you live a distance from the clinic I think you should be contacting them & requesting a skype consultation with Dr Karadeniz. I would expect he would be supportive of you.

Good luck.

I would have expected you to be "sprouting" by now.

Your Dr appears to have good credentials and is quite well known. I see he is IAHRS approved & also a Diplomate of The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. I would be surprised if you didn't get a good result, especially given it was FUT. Is he also a recommended Dr on this site? If so the moderators may be able to assist you?

As you live a distance from the clinic I think you should be contacting them & requesting a skype consultation with Dr Karadeniz. I would expect he would be supportive of you.

Good luck.

thank you. Some hair are sprouting but its so few. its less than 50 hairs on my whole hairline. Also i have no idea what is my native hair and what is the transplated hairs. Think that the transplanted hair are little thicker.

Hang in there mate, you will turn the corner soon. Patience, I know it's tough, but things can only get better

thx for the support. Its hard but have no choice but to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked thru my pictures and saw that some of my new hairs popped thru the skin but haven't grown for 2 month. They are basically same length now. Maybe 1-2 mm longer.

Anyone experienced this also?

4 month update coming up in a week.

hey mosd! I completely feel you on the waiting game. It is hard to not check the mirror every five minutes and not get frustrated sometimes. I hear alot that you can really notice a huge difference at the 6 month mark. the 3 month mark is when thing just start to happen. Its a waiting gamemy friend.

I also had a transplant exactly 6 weeks ago and its killing me to wait and not worry so we have to stay positive.. stress can cause hairloss guys!

So guys, its been 4 months since my op. Its been a long journey. A long and pretty tough one.

Let's move on to the pictures.

Still feel that I'm worse than pre-op. And I'm still hopeful that things will get better.

comments appreciated.

IMG_20160523_183009.thumb.jpg.9cec09abd05c34036deb25f39b2bc48d.jpg

IMG_20160523_183248.thumb.jpg.c5dac5f9aa32d2b8c7633c265e1cfc85.jpg

IMG_20160523_183317.thumb.jpg.8fb483019e5d791c318334b895456e6c.jpg

IMG_20160523_183352.thumb.jpg.155716b2fce342f09564e886f0248f4c.jpg

IMG_20160523_183401.thumb.jpg.f2d62365135940dd8b48625b1b5f8a92.jpg

Being objective, you need to appreciate you're still in the early stages of growth. You've had some shock loss which makes the appearance currently look worse than pre-op. Hopefully the shock lost grafts will regrow soon. It's a waiting game and no-one can predict how the end result will look like, some people are just slow growers. I know from my own experience its hard to stop looking in the mirror constantly to check on growth but try to be patient and see where you are at month 6.