Help pleaseeee!

Ok guys after lots of research and years of studying this forum my friend and myself (both based in manchester) decided that pound for pound we'd opt for dr hakan doganay as his results compiled with price was excellent so we booked our flights for next year and set a date....

Then....

Ive read umpteen recent bad reviews on the clinic, poor growth etc. Im now wondering should we abort mission and possibly just go to another doctor? Any recommendations on which doctors many thanks guys

We will lose the money for the flights yes but im very sceptical now about going through with the procedure after reading all the negative reviews on here. Should i pull the plug do you reckon?

• Administrators

This is the way I look at it, the money you'll lose from a flight you'll make back, but the grafts that could be lost you'll never get back.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks guy some very sound advice. Was considering bisanga or feriduni but after reading some great reviews on doganay and being on IAHRS website i opted for him. Was only recently some very scathing reviews have appeared and now im very much worried

momo99,

I agree with all the comments above. If something doesn't feel right, don't go through it.

Take the time to do more research and online consultations.

All the surgeons mentioned are great surgeons. it all depends on your budget as FUE2014 puts it.

As you are asking for recommendations on doctors, I can add try an online consultation with DR. Tejinder Bhatti. Compare pictures, videos, testimonies, costs, then go with what feels right for you.

Darlinglocks

FUE: 1524 Grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

I would not worry about the money lost on flights. Cancel ASAP and look else where. I travel from Manchester to belgium to have my FUE with Dr Devroye. I am now 10 months and much happier. Id hate to be at 10 months and thinking i had made the wrong choice. Do not go ahead while you have doubts about the surgeon.

Thanks for everyones advice ive been researching dr bhatti and he seems excellent and does 85% of the work himself which is 1 thing that has put me off dr doganay reading some awful reviews. Is dr bhatti very reputable then? I hadn't really considered him before many thanks

Thanks for everyones advice ive been researching dr bhatti and he seems excellent and does 85% of the work himself which is 1 thing that has put me off dr doganay reading some awful reviews. Is dr bhatti very reputable then? I hadn't really considered him before many thanks

If researching Dr Bhatti, a good starting point could be reading about my experience, the link is below.

Whoever you decide to go with, I wish you all the best.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

As everyone else already stated, any opinions on the doctor are secondary to the fact that you seem to be having serious second thoughts. Trust your gut. A little pre-operation nerves are normal and I'm sure we've all experienced a certain amount of questioning leading up to the procedure. "Should I really do this?" But what you're experiencing is bigger than that. I'd go ahead and cancel and keep researching.

See if you can get your ticket transferred to another flight at another date. You may have some luck, especially if you tell them the trip was medical and is being rescheduled for medical reasons. It's worth a shot.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Choose wisely. Pick a highly skilled surgeon with a proper surgical protocol and consideration for patient safety. This includes reviewing those that are referred to as 'recommended' and those that are not. Not all patients post online nor reveal true results. You have to be extremely careful and make sure the surgeon does whats best and considers your grafts carefully. You do not want to end up with any issues.

Ask doctors of their actual surgical consents for your review prior to deposit being paid. Every doc has a different type of consent questionnaire. Ask doctors if you are the only patient of the day or tgere is more than one. Ask doctors if techs work on you and if tgey extract. Ask doctors of their total involvement in the surgery if you go with them. Dont go by brand name or image, go by their surgical protocol and patient safety overall. Wish you the best.