4500 grafts ASMED

Hairsearch21

Man, i can easily put pics on and everyone would think i have a full head of hair right now with a home run result.

But thats not what we should do.

All in all i have 6000 grafts on an 120cm2 area. Thats a very good density and i cant see this density right now.

Sure, i can see stubbles but when you look at the hairline you can tell something was done.

And thats the main problem.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like I said wait another 5-6 months and then decide don't rush into another procedure if you haven't seen the full result yet it's pointless and could be a waste of grafts. if your still not happy by the end of the final result then go back. don't judge your result when you're only 6 months in.

Hm maybe its because i expected something like an endresult at the 6 month mark from the beginning.

I thaugt after six month youre very happy man.

But now, at a bit more then 5,5month post op im not that happy.

Its hard to stay patient at that point.

It seems like everyone is so happy at six month and im really happy for them but what i can see in the mirror right now is not what i expected.

If i am at 50% of my endresult, then i think i will be happy after 12 month.

If im already at 80-90% as you can read on some sides in the web then this want be enougj for me.

firstly you're no where near 80-90% of your result. more like 50% maybe even less you need to take things into account that you might be a slow grower and your final result could even go over the 12 month some people still see growth or the hair thicken up over 12 month mark you might be one of those people.

secondly you should never go by other peoples results at the stage you're at we may feel the same but our body's are different and where someone's got an amazing result at 6 months another person will have an average result but will thicken up as months go by.

my advice is just don't rush into things yet mate it might be a mistake so early on in your journey.

Thanks man for your words..

The possibility that i am a slow grower is there..

Because i still have many new sprouts.

I even think more than i have long hairs on my head but i cant count it to much area and some are to small i can only feel them..

I will wait with a final "resultcheck" until the 12 month mark.

Then there are to possibilities.

1. im happy

2. im not happy

Hopefully number 1..

And ill try to not look at other results, but thats hard haha.

I always check some threads and think hmm his hair is so good at only 6 month how the hell is this possible.

Maybe the answer to that is that the stubbles i have right now are just chilling and laugh about this silly man looking in the mirror every 10 minutes.

But they will grow and hopefully add the density to have atleast a nice hairline.

And with lenght ilusion density will double and tripple easily i read (i hope€

no problem bro. I think everyone who's read your story hopes you're happy by the end result. 1 less person on here is 1 more happy man that doesn't have to worry about he's hair loss.(if that makes sence lol).

I mean you can look at people's threads just don't compare. I know its hard but we are all different mate just be patient. and u wish you the best.

• Administrators

It looks good Hairsearch, the worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others, can you post a pre-op and post op comparison? from what ive seen your making good steady progress, my first surgery I didn't see substantial growth till 8 months, this second surgery I got lucky, I don't think seeing 90% growth at 6 months is the norm at all, if anything it is the exception.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Think you're lookg good buddy.

Btw, sure every doctor has a different take on this, but these are SMG's words:

"New hair should begin to grow after the 3rd month mark, but everyone is different. Some experience new hair growth earlier and others a little later. Some may worry that what they see at 3-4 months is the final result, but that is not the case at all. At best, the hair growth at this time represents approximately 20% of the growth you should anticipate. When the transplanted hair first appears, it is immature, fine, thin, and light in color. As time passes, more transplanted hair will appear and will become thicker, longer, and darker.

A significant change usually occurs between the 5th and 6th month. By the 6th month, about 80% of the hairs should have penetrated the skin. However, only about 50-60 percent of the final visual aesthetic effect has been achieved. Between the 6th and 7th month is the best time to schedule your follow up appointment to evaluate the progression."

You should post some 4.5 month pics bud, perfect time for an update, no?

Damnit, I know, you're right. Next week is 4.5 I'll get some up. I've been trying to avoid the camera and mirror but its time. Good signs so far, but nothing earth shattering yet.

avoid the camera and mirror.... best advice....not long at all now... funny thing happened, the globe in the bathroom blew so instead of changing the lightbulb im using candles so i cant see my progress... sounds stupid but ive stopped looking in the mirror... honestly ill fix it this weekend.. take care buddy

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

avoid the camera and mirror.... best advice....not long at all now... funny thing happened, the globe in the bathroom blew so instead of changing the lightbulb im using candles so i cant see my progress... sounds stupid but ive stopped looking in the mirror... honestly ill fix it this weekend.. take care buddy

Haha love it dude. Think we all have our sick little tricks.

Damnit, I know, you're right. Next week is 4.5 I'll get some up. I've been trying to avoid the camera and mirror but its time. Good signs so far, but nothing earth shattering yet.

Noooo - if you have been avoiding it then please don't stop on my account. Maybe see if you can make it to the 6 month mark before peeking - I have a feeling you'll be in for a big surprise. A lot happened for me in the period between the 4.5 months mark and the 6 month mark the 1st time around. Enjoy it, it's a fun time as you see it get better and better. I absolutely cannot wait until I hit 4.5 months, the next 3 months are going to be torture.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Im at 6 month now :).

And guys... Im happy the first time since years with myself :).

Really... What happened the last weeks is amazing.

And i still have a LONG way to go.

The growth is really kicking in and it is at the stage where i can say im happy.

Not 100%, but 85-90% and 6 more month!

Can see lots of stubbles even now haha :)

I was a full blown NW5A and now i have a nice Nw2 hairline.

Still a small bald spot in the crown but this is something i really can life with.

I will see what medication can do to it (it has improved a lot) and then i will go for a last transplant to maybe add some density in the front (i will see in 6 more month) and to cover the crown. I dont need a dense crown. Just hair you know ;).

A thinning crown look is absolutely okay for me.

But to be honest, im not ready for the next round now.

It was such a rollercoaster.. Dont wanna do that in the next 1-1 1/2 years.

I wanna say thank you to all of you who helped me threw this journey, were there for me when im 'crying' and helped me out with your posts here!

Pics tomorrow!

All the best guys

• Administrators

I'm so happy for you bro, 6 months is just halfway too so much more to come.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

hey Harisearch - I'm glad you're at a better place with yourself, because that's really what drives everything else - now that you're happy & confident you can be yourself and be better for others as well! we were at a similar hair loss stage probably NW5A-6. My HT was transformational for me too, and this forum did alot to help in terms of guidance and support - keep up the good spirits and drive it thru your continued growth! best wishes man

Thanks guys!

Life is really better now :)!

As promised some pics.

Sorry im really busy this days..

More detailed pics on the 7 month mark!

I think its nice density for 6 month!

If this is the 12 month mark id be happy.

And in 6 more month i will be over the moon with it for sure because i think the result will double for me. So many stubbles still but the get longer and longer!

All the best guys!

image.jpg.de990040642a6648a61844d935655953.jpg