Am I now a candidate for temple/hairline transplant

Been on propecia for over a year now. Take it every day. Here are my pictures. I am a 26 year old, about to turn 27 male.

What do you guys think?

I guess I just want to have a great hairline. I want to not have to hide it. This is my biggest concern and it has affected my self esteem.

What do you guys think? Is it reasonable that I want a HT?

I appreciate the feedback. You guys have always been very helpful.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmNHMzZnRGc0hzOHc&usp=sharing

Personally i wouldn't go HT. You actually have a great hairline, a tad receeded, but not much. Most people would not even consider you balding.

I don't know how much it bothers you, but at 27 now, what about 37, would you be happy with your hair now at 37? what about 47 years old?

If it really bothers you, then of course you could get a HT and lower the hairline and fill in the corners, but then you are commited to another HT if you lose more hair, or go off propecia for any reason.

Why do you want the hairline lower? You want to look younger? look like someone else who has NW1 hair? or you maybe you just hate any sign of hairloss?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I want a hairline like this.

Wouldn't we all :)

Truthfully, your hair looks great. Your hairline is maybe slightly recessive, but it is not receding by any means, i.e. your hair does not look miniaturized. I'd count your blessings and reassess at age 30.

Wouldn't we all :)

Truthfully, your hair looks great. Your hairline is maybe slightly recessive, but it is not receding by any means, i.e. your hair does not look miniaturized. I'd count your blessings and reassess at age 30.

Damn. So no legitimate doctor would touch me?

I wouldn't suggest surgery for you. To be frank, you need some style. That's what makes Andreas Pereiras's hair look cool. Grow it out a bit and go to a proper stylist or upscale barber. They'll also suggest some good product to maintain the look.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I wouldn't suggest surgery for you. To be frank, you need some style. That's what makes Andreas Pereiras's hair look cool. Grow it out a bit and go to a proper stylist or upscale barber. They'll also suggest some good product to maintain the look.

i wasnt exactly looking for style in these pictures. i just wanted to show where i was at in regards to balding. some people say my hairline is good and others like the posters above say i might need 800 grafts. so im getting differrent information

bro i dont see anythng wrong with your hair. you got a good hair line, i think your fears is the side of the hair but trust me you wont ever go bald

So you dont think that adding hair to my temples is a good idea right now?

You have a head of hair and hairline that most people on here would kill for! You're still young and being proactive about possible future hair loss - continue doing that - that's it. Any doctor that would consider you a candidate for a HT at this point would be unethical and committing malpractice in my opinion.

• Administrators

You have an awesome hairline and a ton of hair, as others have said your problem is you don't know what to do with your hair, if I had your hair, id grow it out and go to a good salon spare no expense and have them style and trim my hair, it may run you a couple hundred bucks, but it'll save you the thousands you'd spend on a HT and the pain and downtime.

You kinda look like Keylor Navas and your hair is very similar to his, why don't you consider this hairstyle, it hides the recession in the corners very well and looks really good

23vepg7.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You have an awesome hairline and a ton of hair, as others have said your problem is you don't know what to do with your hair, if I had your hair, id grow it out and go to a good salon spare no expense and have them style and trim my hair, it may run you a couple hundred bucks, but it'll save you the thousands you'd spend on a HT and the pain and downtime.

You kinda look like Keylor Navas and your hair is very similar to his, why don't you consider this hairstyle, it hides the recession in the corners very well and looks really good

23vepg7.jpg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmaGVKR0ZiU2RLTk0&usp=sharing

here are pics of me in social settings. would u still recommend longer hair?

Of course you can have 800 grafts or whatever placed into the front of your hairline - but I seriously doubt you'll be happy with how it looks - I certainly wasn't with mine. Transplanted hairs don't really match the surrounding native hairs, and if you are concerned with the very mild recession you have presently, you're going to obsess over the difference between native hairs and transplanted hairs should you do a HT at this time.

i have the same opinion as most it seems. Looking at your hair in social situations there is NOTHING wrong with your hair. If I had your hair I would be one happy guy and never would have had to go through a transplant. Seriously stop with the transplant talk. I do wonder how you would be if you actually needed work doing. With a perfect hairline already I don't think any surgery would make you happy with it. Just enjoy it, I'd be over the moon with your hair.

a HT is only an "illusion" or creative placement of existing hairs from your donor area or safe zone to a thin or bald spot, as harryforreal's pictures clearly point out, no HT is perfect and there will definitely be a difference between your transplanted hair and your existing or native hairs, no matter how good the doc or clinic is ... the only perfection is what God made, when we try to mess with it, we may come close but you will never be the same - forget the thoughts of a HT at this point and probably in a few years as well

• Administrators
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmaGVKR0ZiU2RLTk0&usp=sharing

here are pics of me in social settings. would u still recommend longer hair?

Yea your hair needs to be longer,it seems you want the undercut look which is very popular, something like Fernando Torres, to do this style you'll have to grow your hair out, go to a salon they'll trim it and line up the sides, you have the hair to do it, like I said the problem is you don't know what to do with all that hair, if I had your hair id be having the sickest hairstyle right now, consider yourself blessed.

Undercut style

908zdh.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.