I have just shaved my head... Please help

Yep, lots of guys wear a buzzed/shaved head and compliment it with some facial hair like a goatee.

Looks fine to me...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It always looks worse to you, as you look in the mirror everyday for the last X amount of years and are not used to it.. People who have known you for a while will adjust to it to, but at the end of the day they won't really care.. We are our own worst critic, and it's true. When was the last time you looked twice at a stranger who had the same hair as you when buzzed. We are more likely to stare and criticize people who have ridiculous combo overs etc, then a shaved/buzzed bald head... I mean, approx half of men you see on the street are balding anyways, and we could care less.. And it has been shown already that most women don't even care... I personally, have never thought anything more than acknowledging someone was bald the first time I met them... I only keep noticing and thinking/looking, when they are trying to grow their thinning hair out as if nothing is wrong.. Buzzing is the right thing to do man.

• Administrators

Honestly bro, I think it looks good, you kept the facial hair which is good, but it doesn't matter what we all think, what matters is what you think. If you're happy with shaving your head I think that is awesome, you definitely have a good shaped head that suits a shaved head:cool:

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You should smile.

If you smile and laugh, people will think you don't care about your hair. Then they won't care about your hair.

If you walk around with a frowny face, people will wonder why you are so upset. Then they may think, "Oh, maybe he is depressed about his hair. Poor guy." :(

i agree with everyone here, but i get the feeling everyone is tip toe'ing around the real issue its all in your eyes mate, you do look down in the dumps, trust me, you're not alone, I suggest getting FUE done to lower your hair line, you'll feel so much better, and you can still shave down, which i may add, looks good on you... all the best mate

Edited by Sethticles

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Agree with Sethticles you're lucky that you look good shaved but because losing your hair obviously bothers you having a hair-line would really improve your confidence, I have hair-line again and it really does make make a difference, but as i said in my first post wear it shaved for a while and see how you get on.

I buzzed mine a few years ago, to a number two. I thought I looked like a hare Krishna, but people thought it suited me.

Ironically, i'm booking a hair transplant..:D

Yours looks fine.

There's something very liberating about doing it. Although, I did mine in February and my head was freezing..

• Administrators
Yeh guys i love it to be honest - HTsoon your PM was what encouraged me to go do it, im very thankful for that -

I am going to write up a story on this as i think this has changed my life

Im glad you're happy and glad I could help;)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yeh guys i love it to be honest - HTsoon your PM was what encouraged me to go do it, im very thankful for that -

I am going to write up a story on this as i think this has changed my life

Did HTSoon PM you the same thing I did? haha where's my love? :D

Also it suits you well. No need to get FUE for a lower hairline or anything..

My only suggestion would be to shave with a 0 guard instead of leaving that little bit on there