ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER

DR KORAY ERDOGAN

- PATIENT'S AGE: 30

- NW: V-A

- Total transplanted area: 120 cm2

- TOTAL DONOR CAPACİTY – 6100 grafts

* Temporal, Parietal and Occipital density: 70 uf/cm2

* Parietal and Occipital Hair Diameter: 40-50 micron

- OPERATION DETAILS: 5006 grafts FUE extracted by manual punch, diameter 0.8 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades, lateral slit

* 1032 single grafts

* 2544 double grafts

* 1383 triple grafts

* 57 multiple grafts

* General average Hair per Graft: 2.09

- GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 5006 grafts were used to restore the patient's frontline, mid scalp zone and vertex area.

- FINASTERIDE: The patient started the treatment along with the surgery and still continues the usage.

* Please note that the "RESULT" pictures were sent by the patient.

collageyasin_new_zpsaqh2blwm.jpeg

BEFORE

_DSC0300_new_zpsdl22pwex.jpg

OPERATION

DSC_2817_new_zpscy1jvjyr.jpg

8 MONTHS LATER

IMG_2315_new_zpssc7zvuz0.jpg

BEFORE

_DSC0303_new_zps9u9xln3w.jpg

OPERATION

DSC_2819_new_zpslvsfs3rn.jpg

8 MONTHS LATER

IMG_2313_new_zpsupxkfaqe.jpg

BEFORE

_DSC0307_new_zpsxclht1wo.jpg

OPERATION

DSC_2820_new_zpsu9ywuejs.jpg

8 MONTHS LATER

IMG_2332_new_zps5bwcmlod.jpg

BEFORE

_DSC0306_new_zpspzpourfj.jpg

OPERATION

DSC_2822_new_zpsjn3zaj4s.jpg

8 MONTHS LATER

IMG_2330_new_zps3zb3oesx.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

This looks good now, however a couple of things

1. The before and after pics are not a true comparison with short hair before and longer hair after, there was a lot of hair there before the procedure even though is was cut short , Fin could be a big factor here too

2. The patient looks to have dyed his hair for the grown out results, I don't understand why guys do this to show a proper comparison to pre op, it can create an illusion of fullness imo

3. This patient is aged 30 but has only 1000-1100 lifetime head grafts available to him now, I think the approach was too aggressive

Despite his short preop pics, make no mistake, this patient had a decent head of hair pre op. 5000+ grafts was excessive IMO. With 5000 grafts and his native hair, I would expect this result. Lets not fool ourselves into thinking he went from a NW5 to Elvis hair. I hate when pre ops are taken with ultra short hair!!

Lets call a true NW5-6 as NW5-6 and not sugarcoat it.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• Administrators

A couple of things, Norwood 5-6 is described as the hairloss pattern, a person doesn't have to be completely bald to be considered a Norwood 5-6 because the pattern is visible, this patient was clearly a Norwood 5, I would go so far as to say he was heading towards Norwood 6, as for dying his hair, not sure if that's true, patients pre-op photos were taken with high flash, the light combined with thinning hair can make hair appear lighter. Obviously anyone who knows anything about hair restoration knows that growing ones hair out increases the visual effect of density, that's what some call illusion of density, patient submitted the photos himself, to see the proper finish I'd say submit photos under similar lighting. Patient had hair but it was clearly miniaturized I was also a diffuse thinner like him same age, the hair does not grow its shrinking. Therefore, I highly doubt patient could have simply just "grown out his hair" all in all looks like a successful hair transplant finasteride seemed to improve the result as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Maybe that was the patient's hairstyle pre-op? Can't expect the patient to buzz his hair for the sake of consistent post-op pics for us to see. I'm sure the Doctor is not trying to manipulate us.

5000 grafts does look aggressive, but he will be happy for a VERY long time if on Fin and further advances in BHT in case his donor capacity is not enough for future procedures.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

I cant believe you guys are giving this result a hard time. You can see how truly thin his hair was before. This is a great result and Dr. Koray is one of, if not the best FUE surgeon in the game. Shit I had over 8000 grafts and my hair is not this thick nor to I start as bald as him. Great job doctor K

1. Yes there was a lot of miniaturized hair pre op, and finasteride could have helped that hair to thicken up.

2. Growing out that hair as in the results pictures might have enhanced the effect of the results a little.

3. The HT could be aggressive looking at the number of grafts used and the number of miniaturized hair pre op and the number of donor grafts remaining.

But having said all that, i would be inclined to say that it is a stellar result particularly as it seems there is little or no shock loss to the recipient area. Lot of miniaturized hair in the recipient area should also increase the probability of permanent shock loss which doesnot seem to be the case here.

Srik.

1. Yes there was a lot of miniaturized hair pre op, and finasteride could have helped that hair to thicken up.

2. Growing out that hair as in the results pictures might have enhanced the effect of the results a little.

3. The HT could be aggressive looking at the number of grafts used and the number of miniaturized hair pre op and the number of donor grafts remaining.

But having said all that, i would be inclined to say that it is a stellar result particularly as it seems there is little or no shock loss to the recipient area. Lot of miniaturized hair in the recipient area should also increase the probability of permanent shock loss which doesnot seem to be the case here.

Srik.

Without meds, those miniaturized hair would have an anagen life span half of the healthy hairs, and potentially could have been killed off by transplanting surrounding. I doubt they make that much of an impact to the overall look.