3,900 grafts Norwood 6/7 Dr. Diep

Thanks Sam and Jon,

I've gotten different responses, Dr. Umar said about 3,000 which seems unlikely in my opinion, Dr. Bhatti estimated about 1,500-2,000, yea I agree I think no one in my position has ever tried just FUE because everyone says FUT for high norwoods. Im still debating on whether or not I should get the crown done now or wait a few years to see if I need additional density to the midscalp, whatever I do I need to think it and plan it out carefully.

I thought you were older for some reason but I saw today on some thread you said you were 30 so I think I'd wait if I were you to see what happens in the mid scalp; only because you are only doing FUE and hence probably have 2K left. Probably a diff answer if you went FUT and had more to harvest. Also a diff answer if you were 40.

It would be a shame in 15 years to have the great frame and great crown and then something weaker in the middle, esp with someone such as yourself who has become an expert on hair and would kick yourself in behind every day in mirror.

Honestly if someone is not a hair expert or did a HT themselves they won't notice the thinning you do in the crown right now with this hair length. You notice it because it's your own head you look at daily but as a person who was just walking around town I wouldnt even look twice at your crown and think anything of it.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Last post got flagged so lets try it again, subtle changes occurring, hair is maturing, hair is getting wavy again. Last picture was taken within a two year time difference to show where I started, same room, same lighting tried to get the same angle as best I could happy is an understatement.

1MlLGvf.jpg

LC7iSvu.jpg

M5MHJxE.jpg

BQivT9T.jpg

F6wTz9N.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A buddy of mine from HS had also had a transplant done and he said it was like turning on a switch.

Girls were running towards him, instead of away from him.

I think he's found paradise......LOL

:D:D:D Dutchie I'm up on 5month mark and iv noticed the few extra smiles and salutes frm ladies that were absent this time last year I sh*t u not my good man:D

At which month did it start??

(you lucky bastard :P)

• Administrators
Insane result bro. Ur just making us mere mortals jealous now :P

Enjoy that f*king mane :P back up ladies and form an orderly queue

haha thanks man, your results looking sick too, confidence has definitely shot up, from never leaving the house without a hat to never really wearing a hat.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

haha thanks man, your results looking sick too, confidence has definitely shot up, from never leaving the house without a hat to never really wearing a hat.

I hate hats at this point after wearing them so much for a decade.

Goal 1 - have enough hair in front to actually use a comb!

Goal 2 - end hats!

I see guys with full heads of hair who wear hats and it just grinds at me. :rolleyes:

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

HTsoon wow your transformation is amazing. Your hair has taken at least 20 years off your appearance just by looking at the scalp. You must have had great donor to get such a great result.

• Administrators
I hate hats at this point after wearing them so much for a decade.

Goal 1 - have enough hair in front to actually use a comb!

Goal 2 - end hats!

I see guys with full heads of hair who wear hats and it just grinds at me. :rolleyes:

The worst was going somewhere that made you remove your hat, that feeling I felt when I took off the hat and the person asking me looking like :eek:. Most people wouldn't expect me to be so bald their reaction made it even worse. One time I had a bouncer at a club actually feel sorry for me and he let me bring the hat in the club. I'm glad those days are over now.

• Like 1

View my thread

HTsoon wow your transformation is amazing. Your hair has taken at least 20 years off your appearance just by looking at the scalp. You must have had great donor to get such a great result.

He said he is a self avowed pin head - so for once it is great to have a small head. :P:D

HTSoon is 30 so I hope it didnt take 20 years off his look - that would be awkward . But now he can stay at age 30 for 20 years!

NW 5A to 6.

• Administrators

Thanks man your result looks great too, my donor is average to be honest,my head is small and I have pretty wavy hair that helps with the illusion of density.

View my thread

Thanks man your result looks great too, my donor is average to be honest,my head is small and I have pretty wavy hair that helps with the illusion of density

I bet you have above average hair diameter though

HTSoon is 30 so I hope it didnt take 20 years off his look - that would be awkward . But now he can stay at age 30 for 20 years!

Lol I didn't mean he looks like a 10 year old but was emphasising it will make him look much younger or not as old as a bald guy looks! :P

• Administrators
nice results!

Do you know how many hairs over these two operations?

Thanks I don't know the exact count for my first procedure only my second with Dr. Diep

Graft break down:

1's: 592, 2's: 908, 3's: 402, 4's 218: Total 2120 grafts.

View my thread

Htsoon the more time goes by your results are in my hall of fame of great results. From where you started until now is really amazing. I had some issues with Dr Diep but it can't be denied how great of a job he did on you. He has done an amazing job with minimal grafts. I don't think there are many doctors out there that can get as good of results with the same amount of grafts as he can. His hairlines are as good as it gets and why I originally sought him out too. You do a lot to help others on here give really good advice to people and I am really happy for you that this has been a real home run for you. You deserve it.

• Administrators
Htsoon the more time goes by your results are in my hall of fame of great results. From where you started until now is really amazing. I had some issues with Dr Diep but it can't be denied how great of a job he did on you. He has done an amazing job with minimal grafts. I don't think there are many doctors out there that can get as good of results with the same amount of grafts as he can. His hairlines are as good as it gets and why I originally sought him out too. You do a lot to help others on here give really good advice to people and I am really happy for you that this has been a real home run for you. You deserve it.

Thanks Jon, he did a great job there is absolutely no denying his surgical skill that's for sure top notch. I appreciate the kind words.

You're results look great! Feels good that you meet your expectations. Are you aware if all your grafts grew out?

Thanks! I would say visually it looks like all of them grew but realistically probably 90%. No surgeon ever gets 100% growth there's always some grafts that don't grow.

View my thread

HTsoon,

Your results look incredible I am really happy for you it feels good to kick balding doesn't it. As you have not had any grafts placed towards the back of the scalp and this area looks thicker too did you have a good reaction to meds? Apologies if I missed you state this earlier.

Do you have any plans to address the crown or do you think you are going to enjoy your results for now.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators
Gotta be honest HTsoon, I'm a bit jealous of your outcome.

I just hope my HT turns out somewhere near as good as yours

kidding me bro hasson and wong its gonna be better than mine haha, have you seen a poster that goes by Aftermath his results the best ive seen H&W patient.

View my thread