Deciding Between Two Doctors, Best Option - FUE or FUT

beno83

@baldingbogger it seems a lot of people think a fue session of 4/5000 is a bad idea. Is the general rule that this produces less than acceptable results?

The scar is my only issue with going the FUT route. As of right now I think I'd cover it easily - it's just that fact of knowing if for any reason I need my hair short in the future it would be pretty damn embarrassing have a smiley face across the back of my head :)

Appreciate your input - I'm looking into Feriduni now too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Blake,

The only concern I have with the 3000 FUE route with Dr B is how the crown will look and if I'll still be able to cover it. Knowing it maybe be a couple of years before I could return for another surgery.

This is why I'm intrigued by Dr Erdogan's 4500/5000 option which would give some crown coverage. I'm trying to work out if this is a viable option. I'm seeing very impressive results from him for similar cases to mine and his clinic appears to be outstanding. On the other hand, I am also am wary of being left with enough donor incase needed in the future.

It seems there's always going to be pros and cons with any route you go.

It is a game of Chess not Chequers ... Slow and Steady although inconvenient is the way to go to give yourself the best chance of maximum yield. The less grafts transplanted the better chance of them 'Taking' from what i have seen.

@baldingbogger it seems a lot of people think a fue session of 4/5000 is a bad idea. Is the general rule that this produces less than acceptable results?

The scar is my only issue with going the FUT route. As of right now I think I'd cover it easily - it's just that fact of knowing if for any reason I need my hair short in the future it would be pretty damn embarrassing have a smiley face across the back of my head :)

Appreciate your input - I'm looking into Feriduni now too.

I think a lot of these 4-5000 procedures may look good for a certain time. But in some cases i dont think they are getting maximum yield and use far too much donor in one hit. When the loss progress's there is not enough left in the 'Bank'.

This is just my opinion.

I get what you're saying - especially when you're spending the kind of money a HT cost. You want the best results possible. I guess 3000 grafts in the front/ mid area could be an option and just go with dermmatch or something to cover the crown until I can address that.

Exactly what you said there is my exact concern with 4-5000 fue session. What I'd be left with for the future. I haven't had a face to fave consultation yet so not sure what my donor capacity actually is.

I get what you're saying - especially when you're spending the kind of money a HT cost. You want the best results possible. I guess 3000 grafts in the front/ mid area could be an option and just go with dermmatch or something to cover the crown until I can address that.

Unless you have an above average lifetime donor graft supply, then i would resist the temptation to hit the crown. Rather leave that alone until you know the frontal 3rd is good. For now, you could always have SMP into the crown, and see how Fin helps.

I'll be meeting Dr Bisanga next week and get a proper evaluation of my donor and potential number of grafts available. If it was above average I'd be tempted to try and hit the crown as well. If not I may have to re-evaluate the approach I'm taking.

I don't know much about SMP - need to look into that.

Did you check Dr Bhatti's website darlingbudsindia.com and ask for his advice before making any decisions. There is no obligation and you are never pushed into it.

He is renowned for taking big cases.

I asked several questions before choosing to have Fue HT with Dr Bhatti.

True I am a woman and women are limited in the amounts of grafts

You have absolutely nothing to loose by asking.

Good luck

Did you check Dr Bhatti's website darlingbudsindia.com and ask for his advice before making any decisions. There is no obligation and you are never pushed into it.

He is renowned for taking big cases.

I asked several questions before choosing to have Fue HT with Dr Bhatti.

True I am a woman and women are limited in the amounts of grafts

You have absolutely nothing to loose by asking.

Good luck

Hi, I haven't contacted Dr Bhatti but I will look at his website and results now. A online consultation certainly can't hurt.

Thank you!

Rather than an FUE metas session, a large FUT session may be better for you IMO. You have classic "A-pattern" loss, one font weighted ht would do wonders.

I will definitely consider this. A 3000 fue session all on the front/mid scalp was suggested after an online consultation with Dr Bisanga. I'll ask him about this when I visit the clinic next week.

I will definitely consider this. A 3000 fue session all on the front/mid scalp was suggested after an online consultation with Dr Bisanga. I'll ask him about this when I visit the clinic next week.

When you meet with Bisanga, perhaps also explore the option of BHT into the crown.

Beno, lots and lots of good advice.... If you don't seem to care about shaving down in the future, I think you are best suited for FUT, and this is coming from me a very mega pro FUE guy

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

When you meet with Bisanga, perhaps also explore the option of BHT into the crown.

I'll ask him about that. I'll get an idea if what he thinks the best option is.

Beno, lots and lots of good advice.... If you don't seem to care about shaving down in the future, I think you are best suited for FUT, and this is coming from me a very mega pro FUE guy

Yeah I've had lots of good advice so far, appreciate peoples input. The more I've thought about it over the weekend I'm more and more going off the idea of FUT. The fact that scar is going to be there forever. The idea of having a HT for me is to try and forget about the worry and stress of your hair. Don't really want to end up having the stress of covering a scar and worrying if it will stretch or not. I work in a physically demanding job which involves a lot of lifting, so that could add to the risk of scar stretching.

Think I'm more than likely just going to take my chances with FUE and hope it's successful.

Just deciding wether it's a smaller 3000 session with bisanga or really going for it with a 5000 fue session with erdogan. Very tempted with the latter right now.

Lots of questions to ask at my consultation though before I make that final decision.

just letting you know a 3000 session is by no means smaller.... it is very physically draining, its 3 or 4 hours of having your head rammed into a bench and your neck twisted and then its 3 - 4 hours of sitting absolutely still. I cannot imagine going through this twice in a row. those out there that say its a walk in the park no pain are kidding themselves, it hurts, but the recovery is painless, so don't have to worry about that, just the mega itching....

just letting you know a 3000 session is by no means smaller.... it is very physically draining, its 3 or 4 hours of having your head rammed into a bench and your neck twisted and then its 3 - 4 hours of sitting absolutely still. I cannot imagine going through this twice in a row. those out there that say its a walk in the park no pain are kidding themselves, it hurts, but the recovery is painless, so don't have to worry about that, just the mega itching....

I hear you there. I'm definitely not underestimating the procedure, pain wise or the length of time I'd be in the chair. I've read quite a few of people's experiences for 4000+ fue sessions. One things it sounds like for sure is the anaesthetic injections hurt.

For me it's 2 days sacrifice out the rest of my life. I'm willing to deal with two tough days. I do have quite a high pain threshold and good at just zoning out. No doubt it would still be tough though.

What are you talking about? Anaesthetic injections don't hurt at all!

It is more painful to get an injection from your dentist and for a woman even using an epilator would be more painful than that!!!

You should not feel any pain.

Yes, it will be a long procedure but your Doctor should be able to make it comfortable for you.

1528 Fue HT with Dr. Bhatti

darlingbudsindia.com

Well you don't want a scar to the choice is clear I think go for FUE.

Whether you should have a mega session of 5K grafts is another discussion. Are you on medication btw?

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

It is more painful to get an injection from your dentist and for a woman even using an epilator would be more painful than that!!!

Yes, it will be a long procedure but your Doctor should be able to make it comfortable for you.

darlingbudsindia.com

double your session then come back to me about pain, LOL

the injections are virtually painless, i just found the head being rammed into the bench while your neck turned to be uncomfortable, but while lying there you do your best to zone out. Actually what I hated the most was the spray on your head combined with the air conditioning, turning the water to near ice sliding down you back between you and seat. The second time around I insisted on towels blocking the water, was much more enjoyable.

lots to look forward to again!!! LOL

darlingbudsindia.com

Really? Seems like from reading peoples experience they say that's the worst part. Injections at the dentist never bother me in the slightest so if it's less painful than that then all good!

Well you don't want a scar to the choice is clear I think go for FUE.

Whether you should have a mega session of 5K grafts is another discussion. Are you on medication btw?

Yeah think I'm pretty certain FUE is the way for me. I know it's a lot even for a 2 day session but I'm thinking I might just go for it and hope Dr Erdogan can produce something like the results I've been seeing posted on here.

I was on minoxidil for a while - got bad headaches and no improvement in my hair after a few months so stopped that.

I haven't took fin - a bit concerned about the sides I've read about, might start on a lower dosage of it soon though.