Strip vs FUE vs mFUE - Dr. Alan Feller Great Neck, NY

London.

I see your point. Having read both posts, I am not disputing the contradictory statements. However, in your case your 1st procedure was approx 1,250 grafts, which isn't a lot at all. In Shapoo's post, he mentions that his 1st procedure was in exess of 4,000 grafts. Therefore I can see why the good Dr. told Shampoo to wait at least 8 months. Depending on how you read the post it can be interpreted that Dr was specifically recommending that in this particular instance Shampoo wait at least 8 months, or that he was making a blanket statement that applies to all. If it's the later, then your point is valid. However, I suspect the good Dr. meant the former as he was answering a direct question. In your instance with less than 2,000 grafts, it also makes sense why the Dr. recommended a shorter period of 6 months. Bottom line though is I really don't think this has anything to do with the Dr's credibility, I really don't - even if your point is valid.

Mav: Yes, I agree, it's uncertain. That's why I've chosen my words carefully and only described it as a theory. However, the operation he was supposedly planning to do the 6 month pass on had been for 2000 grafts, the 1250 graft op had occurred over a year previously, so I don't think the graft count affected it in the way you suggest (and I think his 8 month claim is couched in more generalised terms than relating solely to the op he was referring to in that post). Anyway, I've had my theory since he first posted the claim in that thread on this forum, and it didn't stop me getting another operation with him afterwards; so you can see that I understood Dr Feller had felt compelled to launch into defensive mode on here and I decided to overlook it.

LondonHTseeker,

Thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate it.

Since only Dr Bloxham, Dr Lindsey, and myself are the only known mFUE surgeons in the world it may be a while before a European doctor becomes proficient at it. So, I'll tell you what, why don't you visit here for your mFUE procedure and we'll perform it for free. All I ask is your permission to post it online for the world to see as it happens. We will hide your identity of course.

Please send to the info@fellermedical.com mailbox detailed photos of your target recipient area and donor area (wet and dry). That would be very helpful. If I believe there is enough to work with, then we have the green light.

Best,

Dr. Feller

Dam that's a Bargain if I ever seen one..

Is there room for a extra one? LOL

I would of thought that its always best to wait at least 12mths on any number of grafts that would give time for stuff to settle down & heal.

Very nice gesture Dr. Feller. Lucky break there London, you saved yourself a couple of thousand dollars. I guess a blind chicken can find its corn every once in a while - haha

I would love to be a fly in the wall during that first in-person consultation tween London and Dr. Feller, gotta be somewhat awkward. Kinda like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer ditched his old barber for a new one, and then tried to come back - haha

Happy for you mate!

Very nice gesture Dr. Feller. Lucky break there London, you saved yourself a couple of thousand dollars. I guess a blind chicken can find its corn every once in a while - haha

I would love to be a fly in the wall during that first in-person consultation tween London and Dr. Feller, gotta be somewhat awkward. Kinda like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer ditched his old barber for a new one, and then tried to come back - haha

Happy for you mate!

A blind chicken, eh? ;) I've not seen that Seinfeld episode but LOL :D

...Need to take the hair photos ASAP...

Ha that gave me a chuckle, on top's remark about medical students having their heads stuck in books while their peers are out carousing ,in my experience medical students are the biggest piss-heads going, maybe indicative of their brain power that they can pass exams at the same time

By the way I have no agenda here either way, I had an FUE op in Turkey will post pics tomorrow so you can all make your own mind up about my progress

I have read a fair bit on the subject there seem to be lots of Docs who say that FUT'S yield is better than FUE not just Dr Feller ,

Dr Collins of the Blackrock clinic in Dublin [insanely expensive mind you but great results] to name one, but of course the linear scar

puts people off also the fact you can get 4200 FUE grafts in Turkey for 2000 euros is a factor OK price shouldn't be a determining motive

but hey let's be real here it is ,also I had my hair transplant done by techs which is a cardinal sin on this forum which I perfectly understand and if someone has the money I would advise go with a recommended Doc. I hope I haven't deviated too much form the original thread just that I do feel Dr Feller has been given a hard time here, he's entitled to defend even push forward his views on

hair transplant procedure as he is doing them day in and day out, and of course as patients we are entitled to our opinions but some of the poster's remarks if not slander come pretty close

Edited by Mick50

As I said previously, I went to Turkey and had 2500 FUE grafts for my last operation. It was cost effective. However, it also had its limitations. I doubt the yield was ideal (although growth was OK); the hairline had some multi-grafts placed in it; and, worst of all, the donor area has been significantly thinned. Additionally, if it wasn't for Dr Feller having laid down the hairline in my first three HT operations, I'm sure the hairline design wouldn't look anywhere near as good had it only been worked on by the Istanbul doctor I saw for my last operation.

That's not to say there aren't better Turkish FUE surgeons than the one I saw, I think there are. But it's clear Dr Feller speaks more sense than he has often been credited with in this thread (and others) by some advocates of FUE surgery. In particular, this mFUE operation sounds like an excellent way to avoid the inevitable donor thinning of FUE surgery (even if the donor grafts are well diffused throughout the donor area) while maximising the graft yield and avoiding a strip scar. It's an honour to have been offered a free mFUE operation from Dr Feller.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Dr feller has always wore his heart on his sleeve and calls a spade a spade. In honesty it's one of the main reasons I went with him after my failed ht in the UK. When you have been promised the world and received little in return, trust me you will respect a Dr that tells you his honest view , even if it's not what you really want to hear.

Like him or not , you have to admit ,his honest plain talking is a breath of fresh air .

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

London,

So glad to hear you like the offer! Dr Feller and I discussed it at the office yesterday, and really hoped you would! Look forward to reviewing the images.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

London,

I looked at your donor area and it is indeed very thinned out from the FUE. But photos aren't as good as seeing it in person. I'll be in London doing consults on OCT 3 and 4. See if you can visit me when I'm there so I can see the situation for myself.

Dr. Feller

London,

I looked at your donor area and it is indeed very thinned out from the FUE. But photos aren't as good as seeing it in person. I'll be in London doing consults on OCT 3 and 4. See if you can visit me when I'm there so I can see the situation for myself.

Dr. Feller

Dr,

Can I book a consultation for when your over? Shall I contact spex?

Many thanks

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

London,

Dr. Feller

Dr Feller,

I've just sent Blake some video taken by Dr Wong and Garageland. Maybe that can enable a decision before your London visit. I will, of course, arrange to see you in London if still required.

Many thanks,

LHTS

"Originally Posted by Dr. Alan Feller View Post

Shampoo,

I would give the scalp a minimum of 8 months before round two, but optimally a year and a half. By then the recipient area is revascularized and the donor area is stable. If Dr. W plans to work in a completely untouched area then you can cut that time down considerably. "

Hey now....did I hear my name mentioned? :)

ps: Glad to see Dr. Feller not backing down and/or being

intimidated by the mud-slinging personal attacks. If Dr. Wong

were to retire before my next transplant I will be visiting

Great Neck, NY.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Yes, Dr Feller, if that's what you require. I mean, you're the boss with this, seeing as it's a very generous free offer!! I was just hoping we could avoid the wait til October to schedule a surgery date because I think there are significant donor areas outside of the prime strip areas - on the sides and at the back a bit further towards the top. If you think I can avoid the wait til October that would be great. Thanks a lot, either way. LHTS