hair transplant by technicians??

Hi guys

Would you recommend a hair transplant being done only by the technicians while being observed by a surgeon?

Surgeon will draw and create hairline with me

but his team will carry out the whole procedure

Is this good or bad?

Hi guys

Would you recommend a hair transplant being done only by the technicians while being observed by a surgeon?

Surgeon will draw and create hairline with me

but his team will carry out the whole procedure

Is this good or bad?

A terrible idea, generally, especially for FUE. The problem is the techs are just there to churn out as many grafts as they can without damaging them...no real consideration given to future procedures and scarring/distortion of the donor area.

Dr Karadeniz is a far better choice.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Ok because longevita sound so promising and ive seen there work and looks amazing by their techs

im in contact with 2 previous patients 8 months on but obv thetrs still that part of me insidr that wants it done right first time by a doctor

i was thinking dr karadeniz but needed more info on him :/

A terrible idea, generally, especially for FUE. The problem is the techs are just there to churn out as many grafts as they can without damaging them...no real consideration given to future procedures and scarring/distortion of the donor area.

Dr Karadeniz is a far better choice.

Karadeniz does too much FUE/FUT combos. pretty much no other top FUE surgeons are doing that. no one wants to be left with a linear scar on their head if their opting for FUE.

Erdogan is far better choice.

Hi. Ive decided to go with dr mara.l klinik
I guess you didn't read wat Matt told you. smh. you know wat they say "A fool and his money are soon parted"....:rolleyes:

don't be suckered into the Walmart pricing. go to clinic where the actual DOCTOR performs the HT. not to a place where a tech took a two day course on how to perform a HT....:rolleyes:

Hi.

but his team have been with him for minium 6 to 10 years.

and theres so many postitive reviews about his techs doing the transplant

it actually wasnt about the price for this one

i actually liked his techs work and you cant say none of his techs work is bad? There all pretty much incredible?

Karadeniz does too much FUE/FUT combos. pretty much no other top FUE surgeons are doing that. no one wants to be left with a linear scar on their head if their opting for FUE.

Dear Busa,

I see that you make negative comments about me from time to time.

It is your right to prefer another doctor in Turkey and not see me as your first choice, but I would appreciate if you make statements about my practice if you really know about it.

How do you know what my statistics are in doing FUT, FUE and FUT+FUE?

In fact, FUT+FUE is about 5% of my practice.

I also don't see the point in you saying that no other top FUE surgeons frequently use FUT+FUE, as by definition they are FUE-only surgeons; at least the ones in Turkey are. So we don't expect an FUE-only surgeon to use FUT at all, whether alone or in combination with FUE.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Also busa,

your the only person to make negative comments

no one else has made negative comments like you

everhone else agrees how great his and his techs work is

and if i remeber correctly you actually commented on one thread saying how great his results looked

yeh you deem them? Lol

your making a name for yourself and everhbody can see it

Erdogan is not in his price range based on info in another posting.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Dear Busa,

I see that you make negative comments about me from time to time.

It is your right to prefer another doctor in Turkey and not see me as your first choice, but I would appreciate if you make statements about my practice if you really know about it.

How do you know what my statistics are in doing FUT, FUE and FUT+FUE?

In fact, FUT+FUE is about 5% of my practice.

I also don't see the point in you saying that no other top FUE surgeons frequently use FUT+FUE, as by definition they are FUE-only surgeons; at least the ones in Turkey are. So we don't expect an FUE-only surgeon to use FUT at all, whether alone or in combination with FUE.

if you say so....:rolleyes: isn't that wat u said to this guy wen he didn't want to go the route you wanted him to go? thats a real shiity thing to say to a patient btw and not the kind of professional response YOU as a doctor shud be making to patients.

see you as my first choice? u wudnt be my last choice!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178966-my-phase-1-repair-journey-dr-ali-emre.html

if you say so....:rolleyes: isn't that wat u said to this guy wen he didn't want to go the route you wanted him to go? thats a real shiity thing to say to a patient btw and not the kind of professional response YOU as a doctor shud be making to patients.

see you as my first choice? u wudnt be my last choice!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178966-my-phase-1-repair-journey-dr-ali-emre.html

Now, what is this to do with the discussion above that you quoted? Nothing, of course! It is just a result of your motivations to promote another surgeon and bash me while doing so.

How do you know what the real conversation was between me and that patient, were you there?

I don't care about whether you would prefer me or not, but we have to be civil here in talking to each other or mentioning about each other openly on this forum.

Just to let everyone know, what actually happened was, I mentioned along emails that we could get some grafts while doing the scar revision to add density to the hairline, as the patient told me he was planning a separate FUE session later for this purpose. The patient could have received additional density at the hairline without extra charge at the same session while getting his scar revision. Just a couple of minutes before the procedure I reminded him of this possibility, but he still didn't want it. It was at this point that I told him, 'if you say so'. That was intended as a polite way of letting him know that he is about to miss a favourable opportunity and I would have still preferred to put some grafts at the hairline.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

To be honest as a newbie on the forum but someone who has actually gone through with an HT, I have noticed that the user BUSA seems to pop up all over the place with an opinion about this doctor and that doctor, it almost seems that he covertly works for either Erdogen or Maras as he seems to champion these 2 fellows and knock the rest. I don't know if he's trying to be undercover but if that's the case he certainly is not very good at it!

So in a nutshell, BUSA... your cover has been blown!

Busa is well known on this website for it

everybody knows and everyone is sick of him

he made it so obvious

thats why no one listens to him anymore

best to just ignore him and his comments

everybody knows his name now and for bad reasons

ive tones of messages about him from many members

Techs can help by inserting grafts into incisions doc has created. Docs should extract the grafts and make incisions at the very least. Techs can count hairs or group grafts into dishes, prep fut strips, review grafts under microscopes, clean patient heads, address patient questions, teach patients aftercare, and other assistance like things but should not be part of the actual surgical aspect of surgery. They should not be making extractions, surgically scoring into tissue, or creating recipient sites. You dont know enough about the tech or their backgrounds. If you are under a clinic that uses a doctors name, they should also have the doc do it all. Otherwise, what are you paying for?

Hi sean

i appericate what you said and completly understand . As i said earlier i can afford to have it done by a weell known doctor on this site but i prefer the techs work more. And they have a lot of great results.

Its not like i just choose any techs clinic i did plently of research on this one and they have alot of great results. And im speaking to a few of tbeir patients who are between 4 and 9 months with great results.

the techs at this clinic have 10 years experience and are very well trained.

The doctor supervises the whole procedure to make sure everytbing goes to plan

hope this helps

thanks

I recently had a HT in Turkey from Dr Erdogan (4700 grafts), the vast majority of the work was done by the techs.. I think just the incisions were done by the doctor, he played a very small role in the actual surgery. This being said, the techs seemed extremely knowledgeable and hugely experienced and I got on well and felt comfortable with them, there was a good amount of people in the room and it all felt extremely professional.

Hey jonnyalex

thankyou for the post . Sounds great he was orignally my first choice but i recently had veneers and a nose job done so my price kinda went a lil down from his price lol

but i completly agree techs do most of the work.

People need to reailse that im not just letting any tech work on my ht they have 10 years experiencr and are getting serioud results.

Im only 22 and i just recreating my hairline. So i know how you feel at your young age to. And i hope you have amazing results because he is one of the best out there dr koray is.

I hope mine goes as smoothly as its next month 17th may :) so a little nervous but ive faith

The OP was about techs performing hair transplants.

Techs are anonymous.

They have to be, for the benefit of the HT industry. I used to think they wished they were well known, after all, they have egos, don't they?

But a smart tech is a smart tech and a tech that knows his/her secrets. They fly in to clinics as a mobile work force and part of the deal is discreteness. They know all the stories, all the doctors, all the scandals and they know which way their bread is buttered. They know state laws, law suits, dodgy DAs etc.. And they 'aint gonna spill the beans on these web sites.

So are techs bad, or as bad as the doctors?

I think it is compulsory reading for anyone interested in HT clinics to read the Long Island Clinic's trial of 2000. (just google, 'A city sanitation worker performs surgery on hundreds of men') (that is HTs)

It is an unfortunate situation that reflects terribly on the NY docs, but actually, in reality, it might not be that bad considering that we happily fly to Turkey nowadays for a tech transplant rather than get talked into strip.

Consider it in the light of ISHRS's statement on tech driven HTs. Consider, Blake's comments. Consider Dr. Feller's comments in 2013, whom Blake will work with soon. (Dr. Feller points out his investigations into the legal status of techs in NY, way back in '02, and tells us how he confirmed how illegal it was for techs in New York to cut the skin. Yet the above case will confirm that the New York Department of Education's medical Board knew all about tech skin cutting for years without acting in the late 90s. That is, if you believe the 'Daily Mail'.

It reveals a lot about the industry, state laws and especially it reveals how the HT industry, (take a bow reps) has been negotiating the icebergs of the legal technicalities for decades. It is not a new sudden phenomena courtesy of Turkey or Neograft.

Techs have a role to play in surgery no doubt but with s tech clinic you don't know who they are, they may move around, bring in new techs etc. I think if you have techs heavily involved, you'd want it to be supervised by a doctor whose reputation depends on it.

Keep in mind, surgery is not a commodity, and requires artistic skill.

Finally, I just don't get the clamor for these clinics. Surgery is never cheap, and yet HTs are affordable especially with the crop of surgeons in Turkey, India, and Latin America. People will spend 20k usd on a car they drive for a few hours a day, but want a $3k transplant they will spend the rest of their lives under?

I recall in my younger days when I had a full head of hair and was looking for a new barber after moving to a new town, I always asked to have the owner or manager cut my hair. It may just have been intuition at the time but I would feel the same way about undergoing such a life changing operation such as a HT.

I recall in my younger days when I had a full head of hair and was looking for a new barber after moving to a new town, I always asked to have the owner or manager cut my hair. It may just have been intuition at the time but I would feel the same way about undergoing such a life changing operation such as a HT.

Are you sure even in an ideal world you'd want doctors to do the whole thing? After extracting 3000 grafts manually, don't you think there would be significant fatigue during the all-important implantation step? After all, the surgery is not a one time event that we look at in isolation, but something the doctor will do every day for years...

You haven't seen Lorenzo aka "the robot" in action. Besides he only extracted 1800 grafts in MCR and 1400 in Madrid (the tech did the 500 beard extractions. Implanting with the pen is like playing the piano to him, all rhythm and pace. I have no regrets with my choice.