12 weeks post FUE

shanson

I am now 12 weeks post FUE transplant. I had 2500 grafts to the corners of my hairline. So far it seems like a long, slow process. I was thrilled after I had it done and could see my new hairs in my hairline. Around the 3 week point I began to shed and this continued until the 5/6 week point. At this stage i was at my lowest point as my hair was still growing after being shaved. There was little I could do to conceal the receding hairline that has always worried me.

Today I took some photos to compare with earlier ones. I will add more photos but i have included photos of the right side of my hairline. One from one week after, the second is 6 weeks after and the third 12 weeks after.

I am hope that i would be able to have some feed back to see if i am progressing at the usual rate. I know 12 weeks is still very early and i intend to update on a monthly basis going forward. As you can see the 6 week stage looks terrible. I have chosen to upload the photos that show the right corner up close in hope that it shows very clearly whats going on with my hair.

IMG_5596.jpg.f357aed3c131341de50096da38f23fea.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg.a0d430826ebeb63a765ae6e3717e6de2.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg.6ea24284440309992dfd70f69fd40691.jpg

This all looks and sounds perfectly normal. I k now how tough it is to see those newly planted hairs disappear and to start all over from scratch but it's the norm.

At 12 weeks, you're only at the start of the new growth stage. From here forward, the new growth will begin to trickle in and you'll see slow but constant improvement for the next few months.

Try to be patient. Good things are coming!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you David for getting back to me. I am looking forward for the next several months. I do have some hair in the corners which is a plus. I had no hair in those areas before the FUE.

From what i have read the first 12 weeks is the hardest and now i am past that I am glad. Now to give it another month and have another look how things are getting on.

Hello Shanson, great pics! It has really encouraged me because I am getting 2500~ grafts to the hairline in the same area done soon. Can I ask who performed your surgery? It looks very clean. Was the 2500 grafts performed over two sessions? Also, did the doc goo anywhere near existing hair, as in thicked up the centre and behind?

Thanks for that Vegetaswidowspeak.

I had my FUE done by Dr Jean Devroye in Belgium. It was performed over two days. Most of the grafts were used to fill in my widows peak. I had grafts placed into the front section, roughly the first cm of my hairline. He also placed the grafts further back than my widows peak to fill in behind also.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking just fine. You have a lot to look forward to. Be patient.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm 12 days out from my FUE and you look terrific to me! Hoping I look that good at the 12 week mark!!! From your pictures, you've come a LONG way!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Some nice early growth there shanson.

You're through the worst stage now and things should get better and better.

Look forward to your updates.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Just took another Photo today and am getting happier with how my hair is starting to look at 14 weeks. I have a photo which i took two months ago to compare with the growth following on from then. Before my FUE in January I had no hair where i am showing in the photo. its a great feeling to actually see it growing.

IMG_5756.jpg.f3113f547f8fd966440e092af8f4fa2d.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg.0c82007b2ad2a626a831c44ab1943803.jpg

This will turn out great! Really like the way the corners have been done. Good hair line!

I'm about 12 weeks out since my second FUE transplant and you look fine to me. I know its hard to be patient but I had 5,000 done two years ago and the results in month 4 to 5 were very obvious. Hang in there, you will be pleased.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks JohnCasper. I have been doubting my hair for the past few days. Worried that it looks very thin, not matching the rest of my hair and bigger spaces between my hair. Just have to keep telling myself its early days...

• 2 weeks later...

I really didn't see much progress until the 5th month. Then....it became much more visibly obvious. Be patient and look forward to good growth in the near future.

I am now at the four month stage. I am noticing new hairs popping through more now. I can see lots of new hairs along my hairline and a little further back. There may be more going all the way to the back of the area i had my transplant but i cannot get a look in the mirror.

Its a good feeling and i am glad to see the new hairs coming through now. I hope to see many more popping through as it is not as thick as i would hope.

third picture looks actually pretty good for the given time period, i think you will have a very good growth, don't worry too much about it, give it some time as others said. Good luck,

My Thread: 

• 2 months later...

Dude! You're killing it. The growth could completely stop right now and this would be a BIG success! You should probably be around 60-70% right now so you're likely to see even more thickening. Congrats!