Scheduled with Dr. Konior--3,000 to 4,000 grafts.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. We're almost at a year and I forgot to update for a few months because (honestly) that's what happens when you have a good HT. You stop obsessing like you used to. Anywho. Here is 11 months and almost 3 weeks. Pretty happy with the results. And that's kinda an understatement lol. I almost feel cocky with this hair, but am hoping I've learned some humility along the way in my 30's and 40's (especially after needing a HT). In short, I am very grateful to Dr. K and his team and their dedication to their craft. Dr. K's skill and care really improves the lives of men and their mental health.

Very nice! ...and agree about the cocky comment. You feel like that for a good few months before settling back into normality!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 5 months later...

I'm just bumping this thread because I saw some new Konior threads, and I want people to know what a difference this man makes with the dedication to his craft.

I am leaning towards getting another surgery in the future with Dr. K, but this would probably be 2-3 years away. It's a little hair-greedy, but whatever. It's my hair.

Dr. K is awesome, and you can't go wrong with him. I should probably post a 1.5 years later pic. I'll try and remember later in the week.

Konior Klub for Life!

I'm just bumping this thread because I saw some new Konior threads, and I want people to know what a difference this man makes with the dedication to his craft.

I am leaning towards getting another surgery in the future with Dr. K, but this would probably be 2-3 years away. It's a little hair-greedy, but whatever. It's my hair.

Dr. K is awesome, and you can't go wrong with him. I should probably post a 1.5 years later pic. I'll try and remember later in the week.

Konior Klub for Life!

Thanks for this great thread! Definitely lots of good information. Fantastic results btw! In many cases, more than 1 surgery becomes expected, I am not even a week out of surgery and I am already thinking of my second surgery. Cutting down that 1 year wait time for the second surgery as soon as possible I would imagine is ideal. Dr Konior is without a doubt the best and seeing that he is in high demand, being booked a year out, its almost like you need to get in while you can lol!

Thanks for this great thread! Definitely lots of good information. Fantastic results btw! In many cases, more than 1 surgery becomes expected, I am not even a week out of surgery and I am already thinking of my second surgery. Cutting down that 1 year wait time for the second surgery as soon as possible I would imagine is ideal. Dr Konior is without a doubt the best and seeing that he is in high demand, being booked a year out, its almost like you need to get in while you can lol!

Honestly, I'm not in a rush. I will probably get this done in the next 2-3 years.

I still can't believe how good the crown looks with "only" 1100 grafts.

My main concern with my hair is that strong sunlight can cut through. I feel another surgery with a similar graft count of 3-3.5k will certainly help.

Also, there is some talk of hair cloning possibly happening in the next 5 years, so that's intriguing as well (I saw an article somewhere...although sometimes that news ends up being a bunch of hot air).

Cali,

you edges your bet on 1st choosing one if not the best FUT doc in the US & 2nd kept up on your medications which IMHO helped a great deal for you especially that dam crown for what just 1100 grafts or something? Thats just sick result.

I know you said that you may in a few yrs time evaluate things but I definitely wouldnt stress over it as you look superb the way you are.

congratulations & Thanks for your updates, you sure give high NWs something to be positive about.:)

• 1 month later...

Konior Klub for Life!

Looking forward to your 1.5 year pics! :)

Also, what was your thoughts on using the Derma E scar gel? Do you feel like it helped quite a bit and was worthwhile?

• 3 months later...

Crap. Realized I haven't uploaded a pic. I need to do that.

EDIT: Added pics :D

Didn't see any noticeable difference with the Derma E Scar. My scar shows more on the left side of my head than the right, but it's not a big deal.

It's been 2 years since I joined this site. I would say, if not life changing, the HT was life improving. Between dietary changes, a fairly intense work out schedule, and my HT, my dating life in the past few months has undergone a noticeable improvement. Considering I'm in my mid-40's and I live in youth obsessed LA, I'm not complaining.

I really need to post a pic, but once you get a HT (a good one, anyway) the obsessing goes away. I've had enough unsolicited "You look great for 4X" comments that I know the HT is a large part of that.

So, long story short, you can't go wrong with Konior. And it was worth it paying a little more to get results like I have.

5b32f29a474f2_Hair1.thumb.JPG.75ebae0f128a45101986d8611e221e25.JPG

Hair2.JPG.f9f616387953294f1329dc0d419ce141.JPG

Edited by CaliHairGuy

Ok, bumping this because I finally added pics.

I am more than satisfied with this result lol

THese pics are 23 months after surgery with Dr Konior.

This is diffuse morning light. In direct sunlight, it can cut through the hair more. THat's the only reason I think I'd get a second surgery, to add density. But I am more than happy with this result.

Ok, bumping this because I finally added pics.

I am more than satisfied with this result lol

THese pics are 23 months after surgery with Dr Konior.

This is diffuse morning light. In direct sunlight, it can cut through the hair more. THat's the only reason I think I'd get a second surgery, to add density. But I am more than happy with this result.

Looks great. Question: a few pages and many months back you said you felt a tad unsatisifed with the front hairline spacing, that when looking in mirror you could tell it looked artificial (but at a foot or two away on camera that disappeared). Do you still feel that way or has that aspect improved? Thanks!

Looks great. Question: a few pages and many months back you said you felt a tad unsatisifed with the front hairline spacing, that when looking in mirror you could tell it looked artificial (but at a foot or two away on camera that disappeared). Do you still feel that way or has that aspect improved? Thanks!

I think "artificial" is probably the wrong word. I think my comment is true for anyone with a HT.

That when you stick your face in the mirror, unless it's dense packing, you can tell the spacing isn't as close as it would be with native, non-thinning hair. But I'm pretty sure the only people who can tell that are you and the doctor. No one else would get close enough or could.

I also suspect that if I had a second surgery, I wouldn't say that as the density would increase. Dr. K would put additional grafts in the front and close up the "spacing."

But since Dr. Konior had a large area to cover with 2700 grafts in the front, he spaced them how you space them. Plus, I requested grafts on my crown as well. Dr Konior literally told me, "I could make you look like a rock star" if I had 3800 grafts put only on the front.

I don't regret my decision. I really hated the thinning on my crown, and now I have a head with no bald areas. THe only way I could be happier is with a second surgery. Does that make sense? :)

• 1 month later...

Glad I found this thread, I can't wait to see my final result from my HT with Dr K. If it's as good as yours I think I'll be pretty satisfied.