Hi Everyone,

Have another question for those who got a transplant, its seems that most people style their hair slick back. Is there any reason why? Is it because the transplant hair is harder to style. I ask cause I style my hair forward and spike the front, is that something that would not be possible if I got a hair transplant?

plain and simple.. transplants on truly bald guys look their best when grown long and slicked back.. this style makes the hair appear to look most natural and creates the illusion of more coverage in their thin crown... if you have alot of native hair then you may have a couple other options but i would bet the vast majority of them will or do end up with the "comb back" look once they lose the rest of their native hair... and yes even after they get more procedures..they just cant replace ALL that was lost...dont believe me??? ask Bill.. hes come as close as anyodyicon_wink.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Swagger,

plain and simple.. transplants on truly bald guys look their best when grown long and slicked back

Interesting observation, but not entirely true in my opinion.

Case in point, see some of my hair transplant photos below after 7550 grafts (taken right before my 4th procedure) when the top is trimmed to 1 inch and combed forward.

Note: Everything you see on top is transplanted hair.

DSCN7374_1.jpgDSCN7396.jpg

DSCN7388.jpgDSCN7389.jpg

Greenmud,

The vast majority of your social interaction will be face to face with other people (85% or more). It is important in terms of aesthetics to:

1.reconstruct your hairline

2. add density to the top

3. and then move towards the back(crown) with the limited and remaining donor supply.

This is the reason that men comb their hair back wards.

Because the strategy in hair transplantation "weights" the transplanted hair to the front.

take care...

I have seen several ht patients wearing their hair with the brushed forward spiked in front hairstyle. i think it's a good look as it's a modern style and it also helps maximize coverage. much better than the "anchorman" swept to the side look. but pulling of a style depends on a lot of factors including how much density you have in the hairline, hair type, and personal preference. but as the others have mentioned, most docs will emphasize rebuilding your hairline and temples as they do frame the face. that makes this look achievable, imo.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree with Swagger's observation entirely and it is quite succinct as well. Combed back hair is the best option for creating the 'illusion of density'. The example that Bill posted is really not disputing this. The essentials are all there. The front hair line goes Up and Back. The rest behind can sit flat, be spiked or be combed over, in fact it can go which way where ever, EXCEPT if the crown is going, and then you really going for the 'comb back' look. Don't be fooled by the short and forward style of some Armani and other patients. They are not truelly NW 5s and 6s. Look more at the long Bobmans and Joetronics to get the picture.

Am I the only one who thinks the slicked back look is the worst? Especially when you don't have full density on top/crown. It brings more attention to your loss back there. It looks best with either the messy look or slightly combed forward, then have the front more up.

That's just my opinion. (I like to use eman and Thana as good examples of what I am talking about.)

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Sweeping the hair back will cause the hair to bend or bow at the hairline, therfore exposing the hair itself instead of the root or shaft, but only if its dry, think Elvis. If it is wet or gelled, it will stick to the head and expose the hairline and roots at the leading edge, if a HT isn't done properly, or donor hair is very course and dark, this could look extremely un-natural. Combing the hair forward or to the side, can look more natural and undetectable, but again not everyone is as educated on hair and it's "flaws" the way we are...lol...So it might just be a matter of prefrance for some...One man's garbage is another man's treasure...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

The example that Bill posted is really not disputing this.

Scar5,

Actually, my example above does somewhat dispute this. My hair looks just as dense combed forward as it does when combed backwards. This is because the layering affect occurs either direction. However, whereas combing hair foward may make the crown appear thinner, combing the hair backward may make the hairline appear thinner (at least from a top of the head view).

Obviously, each patient has to find a style that is optimal for them. More density gives a patient more options.

All the Best,

Bill