Dr Lorenzo no longer posting results?

Hi, I've noticed since Dr Lorenzo moved back to Madrid from Manchester, they have stopped posting results here.

Mick from Farjo posted some of their results and so did their Spanish rep, Jose Antonio.

They have continued posting on their website and Vimeo, so I suspect now they aren't in the uk they probably won't be interested in posting/ continuing their membership here.

It's a shame as he is a top doc

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Hi, I've noticed since Dr Lorenzo moved back to Madrid from Manchester, they have stopped posting results here.

Mick from Farjo posted some of their results and so did their Spanish rep, Jose Antonio.

They have continued posting on their website and Vimeo, so I suspect now they aren't in the uk they probably won't be interested in posting/ continuing their membership here.

It's a shame as he is a top doc

Lorenzo's partnership with Farjo came to an end circa August if I recall correctly. He did seem quite adament to me that he would be returning to post results on the forum in the future but currently is catching up with Spanish patients who were waiting on him whilst he was in the UK. I am confident he will come back to this forum eventually :)

KO, by new videos, I mean ones post in the last 3-4 months that weren't posted on this forum. They are all on his site, with the most recent first under each Norwood class.

You can check out all his latest videos here: Injertocapilar’s Videos on Vimeo

You probably have seen all of them since you have chosen him for your transplant.

When are you booked? What is your level of loss?

Propecia since July 2008

Spanish patients waiting for him? come on!!!!!!

Spain or UK he never stopped doing surgery, so that's not a reason. He could easily shoot and post videos from both country.

More likely, he has no time, since he's back in Spain he's doing 3/4 surgery per day, and consultation on the weekend.

Plain and simple!

KO, by new videos, I mean ones post in the last 3-4 months that weren't posted on this forum. They are all on his site, with the most recent first under each Norwood class.

You can check out all his latest videos here: Injertocapilar’s Videos on Vimeo

You probably have seen all of them since you have chosen him for your transplant.

When are you booked? What is your level of loss?

I'll check it out, I have not actually chosen him for my HT yet, but I am considering.

Please stop commenting on my posts.

This is funny.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanish patients waiting for him? come on!!!!!!

Spain or UK he never stopped doing surgery, so that's not a reason. He could easily shoot and post videos from both country.

More likely, he has no time, since he's back in Spain he's doing 3/4 surgery per day, and consultation on the weekend.

Plain and simple!

What is the meaning of 3/4 surgery per day?

3 or 4 patients (surgeries) in one day? We know he is pushing the pen at lightning speed, but this is still impossible.

Or, he does 3 parts of one surgery (3/4) in one day, completing the remaining 1/4 the other day??

Lateatnight;

Ti possa cadere l' uccello per terra e rimbalzare nel didietro.

I think, Lorenzo, as an coalition member of this forum, has some responsibilities against the community. (for example; posting presentations regularly and giving update information about his business)

We, guys who consider Lorenzo for HT need your answers to my questions,

I doubt anyone cares what u think....:rolleyes:

Lateatnight;

Ti possa cadere l' uccello per terra e rimbalzare nel didietro.

I think, Lorenzo, as an coalition member of this forum, has some responsibilities against the community. (for example; posting presentations regularly and giving update information about his business)

We, guys who consider Lorenzo for HT need your answers to my questions,

Just noticed Lorenzo doesn't seem to be listed on this site anymore. Looks like now he's back in Spain he has no interest posting here :(

Either way, he's still one of the best FUE docs on the planet.

Maybe one of the mods can shed some light on why he has been removed??

Propecia since July 2008

He is without doubt one of the best exponents of fue.

He also is bank bustingly expensive ?14.000 - 21.000 us dollars or nearly 18.000 euro for 3000 grafts.

For the number of grafts I need I'd have to sell the house and a kidney.

Don't know why he's not listed anymore maybe he's going to retire he could probably afford it.

It would certainly be a loss to the ranks of good fue docs.

Have a good day all

3000 grafts = 6(1000)+4(1000)+2.5(1000) = 12,500 EU not 18,000 EU. That would put him at 4.16 EU/graft, or $5.20/graft, which is comparable to, or lower than most Western doctors. This too, keeping in mind that he does manual FUE, and the only person that touches your head is a surgeon, in my opinion makes this price fairly reasonable, not excessive as you are implying.

EDIT: Apparently the bolded part is not accurate any longer, it appears that technicians are now doing extractions, which is against the information posted on his website.

Edited by KO

3000 grafts = 6(1000)+4(1000)+2.5(1000) = 12,500 EU not 18,000 EU. That would put him at 4.16 EU/graft, or $5.20/graft, which is comparable to, or lower than most Western doctors. This too, keeping in mind that he does manual FUE, and the only person that touches your head is a surgeon, in my opinion makes this price fairly reasonable, not excessive as you are implying.

Agreed. A few years back Dr feller was charging 10 dollars a graft for FUE. Rahal is also very expensive for FUE.

He is also cheaper than Dr Reddy here in London who charges a flat rate of 6 pounds per graft I believe.

The Turkish clinics are obviously very cheap in comparison, but Hakan uses a motorised punch and both him and Erdogan rely on technicians to do the whole procedure whilst they 'oversee' multiple procedures at the same time.

I truly think Lorenzo is value when you consider that he uses a manual punch and does everything himself. He is also the only doc I have seen to be able to harvest up to 13k grafts by FUE from the head alone.

Propecia since July 2008

Hello ko+ splitting.

The quote I had seen was first 1000 at ?6 then after that ?4 pounds per graft.

But seen as how you are potential patients of his I would presume you have researched him thoroughly including his price structure.

It was the pricing whilst he was at farjo I saw so it was UK pound and if it is as you say but in pounds it would make it nearly 16000 euro rather than 18000

I know he's not the dearest and if your gonna pay best money you should expect a quality doc which he obviously is.

Have a good day

Hi Guys,

Wanted to provide a bit of information ...

Dr. Lorenzo did move back to Spain permanently. From what I understand, this was always the agreement with the Farjo clinic. We discussed continuing his recommendation after his return to Spain. Thus far, however, communication has been difficult and we haven't received a conclusive answer. Obviously, we still think his work is excellent and worthy of recommendation. I'll ask Bill if he's heard anything recently.

Hope this clears a few things up!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Since people are asking, and there seems to be some misinformation circulating, I can offer a few things of note:

-His fees at Farjo were considerably higher than in Madrid but still less than Reddy's.

-I believe that he purposely underestimates the number of grafts possible during the consultation and then goes over the estimate without any additional charge so his actual fees may not be as high as originally quoted.

-At Farjo he was doing only one patient a day and exclusively both the extractions and implantations.

-In Madrid Dr. Villa is also doing cases at the same time and together there might be 3-4 procedures between them going on simultaneously. Several techs are also participating in the extractions, but to my knowledge all graft placements are still done by Lorenzo with his Lion pen implanter. Dr. Villa of course does her own implantations.

-For my most recent procedure all of the scalp grafts were extracted by Dr. Lorenzo, the 500 beard grafts placed in my crown mixed among the scalp hair grafts were extracted by his most experienced tech.

-A Spanish patient I chatted with who is also a MD, told me that he believed that the clinic's reputation and referrals came primarily from local word of mouth. Lorenzo does not market the way the clinics in NA do and mentioned to me that he is not equipped to handle an onslaught of NA patients with his current set up.

-Since he does not have the time to read and respond to posted comments, and has no employee rep like many of the other clinics assigned to the task, he was considering withdrawing from the Network and may have already done so.

-

Edited by hairweare