Dr Lorenzo no longer posting results?

Weave,

Thanks for sharing!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Since people are asking, and there seems to be some misinformation circulating, I can offer a few things of note:

-His fees at Farjo were considerably higher than in Madrid but still less than Reddy's.

-I believe that he purposely underestimates the number of grafts possible during the consultation and then goes over the estimate without any additional charge so his actual fees may not be as high as originally quoted.

-At Farjo he was doing only one patient a day and exclusively both the extractions and implantations.

-In Madrid Dr. Villa is also doing cases at the same time and together there might be 3-4 procedures between them going on simultaneously. Several techs are also participating in the extractions, but to my knowledge all graft placements are still done by Lorenzo with his Lion pen implanter. Dr. Villa of course does her own implantations.

-For my most recent procedure all of the scalp grafts were extracted by Dr. Lorenzo, the 500 beard grafts placed in my crown mixed among the scalp hair grafts were extracted by his most experienced tech.

-A Spanish patient I chatted with who is also a MD, told me that he believed that the clinic's reputation and referrals came primarily from local word of mouth. Lorenzo does not market the way the clinics in NA do and mentioned to me that he is not equipped to handle an onslaught of NA patients with his current set up.

-Since he does not have the time to read and respond to posted comments, and has no employee rep like many of the other clinics assigned to the task, he was considering withdrawing from the Network and may have already done so.

-

Thanks weave. Do you know if he is accepting foreign patients?

Absolutely, when I was there last month most of the patients I met were Spanish but one came from Greece and I know of two from this Network, one from Europe and the other from the US who had their HTs done within the last 2 weeks. Email Pilar Lorenzo to check for available dates.

Of course he's accepting foreigners patients. His fees are more or less the same as other surgeons. But as hairweare said he's not doing all the extraction by himself. An aspect that could lead to other kind of considerations, not only for what concerns the prices.

Another aspect often ignored, is Dra Vila. She's nice, cute and most important as skilled as Lorenzo. :)

and i know my english is barbaric...

She's the surgeon that have worked with Lorenzo for all these years, at least 15. They used to do surgery togheter, and then they started splitting patients. Also she did the work on his colleague head.

Something like nip and tuck :D

Edited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lateatnight

I doubt anyone cares what u think....:rolleyes:

Do you want me to comment on your comments?

My favorite one is your idea about lower and lower hairline. here we are talking about HT on human beings, not on chimps.

Could you provide your picture? :rolleyes:

She's the surgeon that have worked with Lorenzo for all these years, at least 15. They used to do surgery togheter, and then they started splitting patients. Also she did the work on his colleague head.

Something like hassle and wrong, nip and tuck :D

MODERATORS;

I think this is insulting to Hassan and Wong and needs moderators' comment.

I really wonder why Lorenzo is not a recommended surgeon here anymore. Maybe he is doing 3/4 surgeries per day and he has no communication with the moderators.

Lorenzo is not here but his cheerleaders are. And they are afraid to open their threads and answering legitimate questions. This is unfair to the other recommended or coalition doctors.

What do you feel if somebody says about your favorite couple, Jos. and Vil, beauty and beast....:D

What information are you seeking? If you give up your self appointed position as the hall monitor and read through this thread again I believe you will find that all of your questions have been addressed. I am no cheerleader but rather a doc myself who is also a HT patient.

What information are you seeking? If you give up your self appointed position as the hall monitor and read through this thread again I believe you will find that all of your questions have been addressed. I am no cheerleader but rather a doc myself who is also a HT patient.

Nothing is related with you here, no need for you to resent, sorry if I have bothered you.

LateNight,

Why the jab at Hasson & Wong? Doesn't seem appropriate or relevant here.

Fisher,

Like I said before, Lorenzo's recommendation situation is still up in the air. I'll speak with Bill about it tonight and get some more information.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake,

It was meant as a comic relief, what jab?

It's obvious i really didn't want to insult anyone. In a twisted ways it was a praise indeed for all the doctors mentioned in that post.:D

I also explained myself when i reported a post few minutes ago.

Best Regards

Edited by Lateatnight

Guys,

I just wanted to confirm that Dr. Lorenzo did return to Spain in order to continue his expert FUE work there. As Mickey said, he is currently in the process of catching up and in the meantime, decided to discontinue his involvement on this community for now. That said, I suspect that he will eventually be back and we will collaborate once again.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr Lorenzo should probably charge moire considering his reputation and the extent of his involvement in the procedure. I wonder who would be cheaper between him and Konier for 3000 grafts FUE?

Konior quoted me $17.5k for 2000 grafts with FUE, so it appears they are comparable.

Konior quoted me $17.5k for 2000 grafts with FUE, so it appears they are comparable.

I don't think Lorenzo charges that much. I believe 2000 would cost around $12000 with Lorenzo. I remember reading 6 euros for the first 1000 and 4 euros for the next 1000.

Prices for FUE in NA are very much prohibitive at this time. From what I can tell Reddy is the most expensive in Europe and has charges on par with NA clinics. (It may be possible to get better Reddy rates if is still operating at the satellite clinics away from London). The Belgium docs and Lorenzo are significantly less and in my experience Lorenzo doe not charge for grafts over his original estimate which tend to be conservative. The clinics in Cyprus and Turkey are among the lowest and Bhatti in India may be somewhere in between the Turkish and the Euros. Rates for FUE in NA need to come down which will only happen if more docs offer it and the demand continues to increase.

Prices for FUE in NA are very much prohibitive at this time. From what I can tell Reddy is the most expensive in Europe and has charges on par with NA clinics. (It may be possible to get better Reddy rates if is still operating at the satellite clinics away from London). The Belgium docs and Lorenzo are significantly less and in my experience Lorenzo doe not charge for grafts over his original estimate which tend to be conservative. The clinics in Cyprus and Turkey are among the lowest and Bhatti in India may be somewhere in between the Turkish and the Euros. Rates for FUE in NA need to come down which will only happen if more docs offer it and the demand continues to increase.

Yep. I'm in NA but I'll be visiting Europe (for the first time!) for my FUE. The prices (and level of expertise it seems) are very good.

Blake,

It was meant as a comic relief, what jab?

It's obvious i really didn't want to insult anyone. In a twisted ways it was a praise indeed for all the doctors mentioned in that post.:D

I also explained myself when i reported a post few minutes ago.

Best Regards

but some poor thing, screamed like a pussy: MODEREITAHH

:)I wish moderators hear your scream and give you what you want and deserve Pussyatnight. :)