fue shaved look effect

Hello Guys

Does it look natural the hair transplant with a shaved head(buzz cut I think it is called)?

I mean I saw some pictures with guys with a buzz cut at the first 6 months and you can easy detect that it is a hair transplant due to the different density size and color with a shaved look....

but it could be different after a year or later. What do you think?

the question is important because when you get older you could opt for a shaved buzz cut look so It could be uncomfortable to have people saying you did a hair transplant and so look unnatural

someone with a buzz cut such as the football player Sneijder looks natural but I don't know many cases

https://www.google.it/search?q=sneijder&client=firefox-a&hs=DUW&rls=org.mozilla:it:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=cQ9_VLD7Lpf7aq6jgoAK&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1448&bih=854

Edited by lessthanme

Kind of interested in this too, as most people who get a HT don't shave their head once the full result is in. I think if it appears dense enough to look natural grown out then it should also look natural when buzzed but I'm not sure.

Also, pretty much everyone's HT is going to look unnatural 6 months in.

You should definitely be able to shave your head short if you do FUE. However, if you do FUT, you will have the strip scar showing in the back - which would be a dead giveaway that you had a transplant. Depending on how short you go, it is possible that with FUE you will be able to see small, tiny white scars (like little dots) where the hairs were extracted - but this should only be noticeable upon close examination and if it's cut extremely close to the scalp. And like with any type of scarring, it varies from person to person.

Check out my photos/blog. I had a buzz cut all throughout the main recovery stages and kept it short until 3 months after surgery. My current photos are from 4 months since surgery (and 1 month since I last buzzed my hair) so you can get a decent representation of what a buzzed head looks like after surgery. Browse the photo albums here and I'm sure you'll run across some other ones as well.

Does that answer your question?

* I just realized you were asking specifically about FUE... So ignore the strip scar comment. :) The only thing you would need to worry about would be the tiny little polka dot scars - and for me, I don't think it's enough to worry about....

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

You should definitely be able to shave your head short if you do FUE. However, if you do FUT, you will have the strip scar showing in the back - which would be a dead giveaway that you had a transplant. Depending on how short you go, it is possible that with FUE you will be able to see small, tiny white scars (like little dots) where the hairs were extracted - but this should only be noticeable upon close examination and if it's cut extremely close to the scalp. And like with any type of scarring, it varies from person to person.

Check out my photos/blog. I had a buzz cut all throughout the main recovery stages and kept it short until 3 months after surgery. My current photos are from 4 months since surgery (and 1 month since I last buzzed my hair) so you can get a decent representation of what a buzzed head looks like after surgery. Browse the photo albums here and I'm sure you'll run across some other ones as well.

* I just realized you were asking specifically about FUE... So ignore the strip scar comment. :) The only thing you would need to worry about would be the tiny little polka dot scars - and for me, I don't think it's enough to worry about....

Just checked your photos. The work looked great and your hair is really coming along!

Just checked your photos. The work looked great and your hair is really coming along!

If you have native density on part of it and are naturally bald in a transplanted area you will be able to tell that there is less hair because there is. If you choose a good doc it can still look natural though. If you scar well and don't over harvest you can shave it short and you may look balding but not bald. See some of doctor Lorenzo's work to get an idea where he shaved the pt to do a subsequent procedure to get a better idea.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

the problems are the temples and the front (recessing). If you have natural hair in your mid and even if you do a dense pack you will never reach a natural density.

and you don't know the progress of your hair loss...

could someone spot so easy that you did hair transplant? because i saw some pictures of a guy that shaved (buzz cut) after 6 months of a ht and you can see the differences in size and colour, this could be because He was at the first 6 months?

do you have buzz cut pictures(links) of someone after he did hair transplant?

I'm worried...

Edited by lessthanme

I mean you can also say that there are less hair in a receding guy who are losing its hair. so it's kinda natural.

but colour and size...

not necesseraly a buzz cut but a shorter cut as the older people who usually cut their hair due to progress hair loss does a shorter haircut like this https://www.google.it/search?q=toronto+mayor&client=firefox-a&hs=5Jc&rls=org.mozilla:it:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZZ2AVJC6MZHtaKL-gJAK&ved=0CAsQ_AUoBA&biw=1448&bih=941#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=2Q76pMmyzy0kNM%253A%3BqlOKus7IY2mMSM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.huffpost.com%252Fgen%252F1445530%252Fthumbs%252Fo-MAYOR-TORONTO-facebook.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%252F2013%252F11%252F05%252Frob-ford-admits-crack-cocaine_n_4219680.html%3B2000%3B1000

Edited by lessthanme

Hi

Iv had fue with dr Feriduni, had 2100 procedure then a 500 touch up 12 months later and I'm now 10 months out from that and have kept my head shaved from a grade 1 to grade 3 for most of the time although I did grow it out a few months ago I'm back shaving it to a 3 on top and 2 at the back and sides purely for convenience and I like the look of it!!

No one has noticed iv had a ht and I can honestly say even I ding it difficult to determine where my original hair line was, it looks as good as natural density to me so I have no issues shaving down even to a grade 1!!

honestly i don't think so.

Most people would not be able to tell that you got an HT, but i don't think an HT would ever match this density. (assuming the patient had native hair density like this pic, but with receding hairline, for example, and got an HT)

http://yourhairstyleideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2-buzz-cuts-for-men-pictures-2013.jpg

you really need to grow you hair out to get the full effect IMO.

but then again, if you had just a slightly receding hairline and got 2,500 grafts, then yea, it would match pretty well, but just depends on how much hair you've lost and how much hair you're putting in. By growing hair out, you're able to maximize your grafts the best IMO.

How you look shaved will also depend upon donor shockloss, if it grows back, or if there is a halo based on the pattern extractions occurred. If FUE is done properly, you shouldnt have such issues.

having a shaved head (n1) is part of my ht plan too.

I have already started shaving my head a few months back, and I am still researching how I can keep that look for 6-9 months after the procedure, save for the first few days after the FUE when the grafts are still anchoring themselves.

Hi

Iv had fue with dr Feriduni, had 2100 procedure then a 500 touch up 12 months later and I'm now 10 months out from that and have kept my head shaved from a grade 1 to grade 3 for most of the time although I did grow it out a few months ago I'm back shaving it to a 3 on top and 2 at the back and sides purely for convenience and I like the look of it!!

No one has noticed iv had a ht and I can honestly say even I ding it difficult to determine where my original hair line was, it looks as good as natural density to me so I have no issues shaving down even to a grade 1!!

This goes back to not over harvesting. Would you be interested in posting pics? I think it would be helpful to the thread.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

a buzz length is always great for a baldy - unless everyone tells you it isn't lol!

Ht density and native/horse shoe/donut density will be a mismatch at short length if you just use a buzz clipper and universally buzz. But..there are mant devious and natural ways that you can use artistry to prove otherwise.

1) make sure transplanted hair is planted flat! This is easy to say, easy to do, but almost impossible to achieve if the HT surgeon assumes you are shooting for the 'volume look' aka 'illusion of density'

or worse and probably more common, the HT surgeon just does his/her usual thing.

2) hair bleach or natural greying will do wonders.

3) Leave the HT hair longer than the buzzed native zones.

Even then it night not work because of color contrast and density.

i recommend a scissor cut until you become a charlaton with the clippers.

as for people realizing its a hair transplant, i wouldn't worry. unless its from 1979 when they were and the stages of infancy..

the only others that will notice i think would be others that have had the surgery. you'd be suprised the people who haven had it how little they know about the whole process, they still are under the impression a transplant are the plugs from long ago...

so anything that looks pretty good would go unnoticed