Free Hair Transplant - Dr. Parsa Mohebi - Los Angeles

Such a cool contest! Excited to see who wins. Best of luck to all participants!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Here are links to all the submissions we had. It was really inspiring for me to hear these guys speak so openly about their hair loss and what a possible solution could do for them. Check them out below and let Dr. Mohebi know what you think. It's a tough call for sure.

Keith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUCTHBqbuY&list=UUO6JL6-NLsqKgN7AJ-14z-w&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFsUaVg6hk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLMqlFP7ehM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5eqKwVYyI

Abbas

Matt

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

My vote is for Mark. To be so young and to worry about hairless all the time just plain sucks. I also was very young (IM 25 NOW) and had a deeply receded hair line and I became obsessive over every second of every day. I luckily had the means to afford Hair transplant and it CHANGED MY LIFE. I now wake up everyday and look at how good my hair looks rather than seeing how bad it is. I now have the confidence i had when i was in my teenage years and I know that if mark were go get this it would change his life forever as well. He is a DJ and an artist and IMO your looks are very important in this type of work. I am not saying that the other contestants aren't deserving but he's only 25 and hair is very important for a young man.GOOD LUCK MARK, I FEEL FOR YOU MAN, I KNOW IF YOU WIN IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE

I'm leaning towards the younger guys because it is much more traumatic and out of place in your 20s than say your 50s which is much more common. Also the younger guys probably have less available funds to get it done themselves.

Keith - I would vote for him as he is the youngest with the most advanced loss and it would provide a huge transformation. However there is no point to getting a transplant and not taking fin which he says is not an option for him.

David - Its tough to see his pattern and if he would have enough donor to make a visual impact because he is shaved slick in the video. His video resonates with me though.

Roger - His actually looks pretty good and age appropriate after his first transplant, so there may not be as much as a "visual impact" as some of the other guys.

Ty - I feel for him. I can't imagine the stress and disappointment of a failed transplant, so assuming he has enough donor it could make a big impact.

Ryan - I think he has the potential to make the most visual impact and wow-factor of all candidates. His crown is pretty good so grafts wouldn't need to go into the "black hole". His forelock is there but his temples are gone. I would think 3000 - 3500 in his temples (and temple points) to give him his hairline back would make a huge transformation.

Mark - His hair does not look bad at all. Some concealers and meds to maintain and he could do a small transplant down the line to fill in. The way he wears it now, it looks great though. I wouldn't look twice.

Abbas - Very tough to see in the video but his hair looks pretty good for his age.

Matt - His hairline looks intact, I bet if he buzzed it shorter it would look great.

David - Ha come on man you have a head full of hair!!

So my vote would be Ryan since Keith can't take fin to maintain the transplant.

refuse2lose - that was a an insightful and thoughtful post. So many stories and so many possibilities.

Complicating the whole process is that we see the need of almost each contestant, but Dr. Mohebi also has to decide which procedure will demonstrate 'on camera' his goals for making the film - as well as making sure the candidate/winner has the correct potential for success, which procedure he want to highlight, etc....Not an easy task.

Win or lose, that Roger guy is obviously the most handsome of the bunch.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Great idea and having watched all the videos I wouldn't like to choose as all have their own reasons for getting surgery.

For personal reasons the two repair patients Ty and Matt could be argued are the most worthy and in need of helping.

That said Mark has made some real effort to put that video together and would be a great advocate for the clinic.

Being biased would love to see Voxman win but not sure his wife could handle (or Voxman himself) all the extra groupies his new locks and even higher self confidence would bring :)

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I've gotta go with Roger. My reasoning behind that it's that wholly his hair is improved, I've never seen someone so proud of such a conservative case. It's kind of like seeing a kid super happy and thankful for getting a coloring book, that positive attitude and grateful attitude makes you want to go out and get him an Xbox. Plus I'm biased and o tend to roll with my homies. Which is good if your a homie.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Now, the daunting task of picking a winner has come down to the final hours and because of this, our office and extended networks are abuzz. Firstly, I’d like to thank all the submitters for coming forward. Your stories will help others. I would like to invite everyone to look at all of the submitted videos on my Facebook page, Parsa Mohebi, MD, to appreciate how powerful the videos are.

Please know, all of the submissions were carefully considered and viewed several times in anticipation of such a decision. I personally connected with each submission on many levels, furthering my understanding of the emotional courage it takes for anyone who suffers from baldness or thinning hair–especially in the submitters themselves–to stand up against the stigma that surrounds hair loss. Which for me, deepened an already difficult decision.

So, without further delay and with great pride, I would like to announce that the winner of the first Parsa Mohebi Hair Transplant Giveaway is Marc. He created and promoted his video speaking to his audience about his hair loss humanely and creatively. I am very excited to help him. We will keep everyone posted with the progress of this documentary and Mark’s progress and experiences through our Hair Restoration Blog, Twitter and Facebook Page.

I also consider all those participants who submitted a video, Winners. And for that, I will provide a special discount for any of our nine contestants who would like to proceed with a hair transplant procedure with our practice, within the next year.

One more time, I would like to thank all of our contestants for being vocal about their hair loss in trying to be a part of this educational video. I would also like to thank everyone else who helped me make this very difficult decision.

Sincerely,

Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I knew it. Not much will change for him imo, though, as refuse2lose hinted at, yet. Nonetheless, he was able to present his video editing editing skills, so he deserves it most probably. Plus his case and performance is perfectly presentable for further merchandising. Congratulations to both parties.

Perfectly suitable choice - it should be an interesting enough case to present for the Dr.s film.

I hope he gets involved here and will document his progress for us all.

Thanks for all of your support as homies ~ nothings changed for me - still happy and optimistic and glad to contribute.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Hi Everyone,

I am the winner of the competition, Marc.

I just went through all 7 pages of this thread and read every comment. I want you to know that I'm very appreciative of the support you've given for myself & all of the fellow contestants.

They all seem like nice, deserving people. And I was able to relate to many of their stories.

Btw, Voxman.. your Toto performance is KILLER. =)

I want you all to know that although I'm just the lucky patient, I take my new role as Brand Ambassador very seriously and will be going above & beyond to contribute to this project.

I'll be utilizing this thread to update you on what's going on, unless instructed to create a new thread. And then we'll provide you with the new link.

In the meantime, feel free to say hi. And if you have any questions about how I feel, what I've psychologically gone through, etc... Don't hesitate to ask!!

Sincerely,

Marc Richter

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck, Marc! I hope you'll keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep everyone up to date with this contest, Marc's surgery is scheduled for this Friday, the 27th.... And for those especially interested, I believe we may be Livestreaming it... Details to follow. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update on Marc's journey:

Marc successfully had his surgery on February 27th, with a total of 2,249 grafts. A little less than half of the surgery was done using ARTAS (978 grafts) and the remaining 1271 were done manually. Hopefully, some of you took advantage of the LiveStream to get an inside look at the operating room. And if not, the footage will be used in the documentary that is in the works highlighting Marc's hair transplant experience.

The specific details of his grafts are as follows:

Total grafts: 2,249

Ones: 489

Twos: 1182

Threes: 555

Fours: 23

Hairline: 250

Front: 1350

Top: 649

I'll update with pictures soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the pics from the day of Marc's surgery a little over 3 weeks ago.

2,249 total grafts, FUE (manual and ARTAS).

IMG_7985.jpg.9e3ba3388cfe5bb0f00e1185c58b76b5.jpg

IMG_7986.jpg.9aafbb8779cb5d9b1da7461195cade42.jpg

• 8 months later...
Whatever happened to this "winning" patient? I seem to recall he put a lot of effort into his entry but no one has heard anything from him since !

Marc didn't get too involved with the community here, but I did just post an update on his journey a couple days ago if you wanna check it out. I'll link it below.

He's a little over 9 months out from his procedure and has already made tons of progress.

I'll keep that thread updated as new information comes available. :cool:

Contest Winner Update