Dr Rahal 2512 FUE

ftbpicks

To further what Rob is saying, the follicles can actually grow even slower post Op, they are still dealing with being shocked and relocated. My hair grows extremely fast however for the initial six months post although coverage from my procedure was great, the hair was not as long as usual.

There is usually a section common for most that grows slower than others, my right side took longer in this case, don't let this stress you out mate!

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 3 weeks later...
Here is my month 5 pics, things continue to progress and only thing a bit lacking is the hair in the middle needs to get thicker and more of the little hairs need to come in as there is a ton of new small hairs coming thru.

Hey ftbpicks,

Looking forward to your 6 month pics in 10 days time :-) as that is really where people have had some serious growth. Of course you have already had serious growth but nice to see at the half way mark what to expect from Dr. Rahal FUE work. Thanks and happy growing! Have my procedure in a month + 3 days!

Hi ftbpicks,

zx_toth is correct! Months 6-7 is a 'sweet spot' and you'll see aggressive hair growth.

It's an exciting time for you! It was for me!

Any questions, please let me know.

Robert Ha, Senior Patient Advisor

Dr. H. Rahal is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Rahal - Restoring more than just hair™

Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): 1x Daily

Generic Minoxidil 5%: 2x Daily

Nizoral Shampoo: 2x weekly

• 2 weeks later...

Alright here are my 6 month photos

1st two are from a few days ago and the next two are from my haircut today.

The last two are from the day before my surgery for comparison sake just to show the crazy difference so far at the halfway mark only.

IMG_1513.jpg.f94ed7dfaf73196f6798b90a290a4ccf.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg.62c2163f3645018b290a109b2954907b.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg.4a32fe8e03e915dda03ed765272962f6.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg.55556fdc3f61e365539c4bc500c92b3b.jpg

IMG_9882.jpg.66052529c79d6aff3a87c908e442e88d.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg.9a65db883feb47f8511d260c4a63c189.jpg

Alright here are my 6 month photos

1st two are from a few days ago and the next two are from my haircut today.

The last two are from the day before my surgery for comparison sake just to show the crazy difference so far at the halfway mark only.

the best transformation on this site EVER

congratulations

the best transformation on this site EVER

congratulations

Thanks a lot i really appreciate the kind words and hope this can help others to give the process a chance to change their appearance. I can't get over how much different I look compared to just a half year ago. I feel like a totally different person as my confidence has changed drastically.

It is remarkable how much a bit of hair can change the way you feel.

Wow! Are you wearing any concealers? That's an amazing turnaround. Congrats!

I have never owned or used concealers in my life other than lots of hats, i use american crew forming cream which keeps my hair styled throughout the day. It works great!

Edited by ftbpicks

Looking good mate! 5 months in don't stress to hard on sections that are catching up to others :) happy growing sir

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Looks fantastic ftbpicks! It makes me more relaxed about my procedure on April 10th, seeing someone with Dr. Rahal, FUE and same number of grafts with a great result already at the half way mark. Thanks for your continuing posts.

Quick question; are you planning on continuing your Proscar and Rogaine regimen indefinitely or only during the growth period Thanks.

Looks fantastic ftbpicks! It makes me more relaxed about my procedure on April 10th, seeing someone with Dr. Rahal, FUE and same number of grafts with a great result already at the half way mark. Thanks for your continuing posts.

Quick question; are you planning on continuing your Proscar and Rogaine regimen indefinitely or only during the growth period Thanks.

Yeah i will continue with my small amount of proscar (1/8th of a pill) but probably only use the rogaine once a day to maintain after the one year mark.

I would worry too much about further loss without these measures so the small amount of these drugs makes me feel a bit more safe for the future.

I also think it has thickened up my midscalp over the last year and a half as that is when I first started taking proscar

• 3 weeks later...
Hey ftbpicks, any updates? Hope you are happy and enjoying your results! Can you post updated pics and some of the donor?

I will for sure update everyone at 7 months which is the 17th. I am for sure very happy and every month seems to be getting better and better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well another month has past and it seems to be still growing in more new hair and the thickening is continuing. I am really happy that others are also reaching out to me thru this series of posts and thru private message. I am just happy to help others thru this experience that has really changed my life in a such positive manner.

Here a couple of pics showing not just the front but a couple different angles.

IMG_1607.jpg.7e345919c8482662c84d7ae434293a0c.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg.0011efafae9681d48319c9a4dceefe3e.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg.1edadd223d2ab3b8b4bb3184966bc421.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg.7a4f63d7e21b5b2d0d6268a237319734.jpg