Ziering UK - Yes or No

JohnyG

Hi everyone,

I'd be grateful if I could get some advice regarding Ziering's UK branch in Hammersmith, preferably from patients who've used them in the past.

I am thinking about doing a FUT procedure with Dr Ball, with 2,500 grafts to the frontal area of my scalp. Apparently I have great donor hair at the sides and back if that helps...

Any information/advice would be useful. Good results, bad results, I'd be grateful for any info :)

Thanks.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Research more and you'll come across the surgeons on here that you want to go to :) really none in the UK bar Lorenzo are worthwhile in my opinion. Look into Belgium.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Johnyg,

The problem with chain clinics is knowing which surgeon is going to perform your surgery. If it is Dr Ball, then try reading across the forums to contact some of his patient. I have not really seen much of his work and don't know a lot about him. He has in the last few days started to post some of his work on here, so the moderators might be able to tell you more about him.

Alternatively, there are lots of top surgeons on here which you may want to consider also if you do more research.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

After extensive research of HT clinics I decided on Dr Ball at Zeiring Hammersmith for a FUE job. I personally was very impressed with Dr Ball and his assistants, the attention to detail and the pre-consultations was so much better than the consultations I had elsewhere, I am very pleased with my choice and the results are looking very good.

Extensive research?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Tommy I really think you need to provide reasons for dismissing Dr Ball. Just because a doctor is not featured on this website that much does not automatically mean s/he is shit.

I have seen some good results from Dr Ball but you need to search on another hair restoration website where people talk about their #hair loss experiences# (there is a clue there).

Also check out Dr Reddy's results on Youtube, a lot of very good work.

After extensive research of HT clinics I decided on Dr Ball at Zeiring Hammersmith for a FUE job. I personally was very impressed with Dr Ball and his assistants, the attention to detail and the pre-consultations was so much better than the consultations I had elsewhere, I am very pleased with my choice and the results are looking very good.

How fortuitous, then, that you should discover this thread on this forum and make your inaugural post a glowing review . . . without providing a shred of evidence to back it up in the way of photos.

The OP should avoid any clinic that APPEARS to employ shills.

Of course, he's free to go with whomever he chooses but he came here looking for advice, and here it is.

The last thing you want to be doing is be back on this website a year from now asking advice on how to get a botched procedure repaired when you're already a few grand out of pocket and down 2500 precious grafts.

Get yourself over to Brussels - it's a hour's flight, fer Chrissakes - see the Premier league players like Feriduni, Mwamba and Bisanga; class acts every one of them. The procedure you get is one you'll have to live with for the rest of your days so it makes sense to have top people working on it; not also rans

I went to Ziering himself in LA for a consultation and he and his assistant kept telling me about Hollywood celebrities to impress me. Not to mention what I think is a scandal when he appears with Jason on TV to lie to people.

I will neve ever go to any clinic that is associated to him.

I went to Ziering himself in LA for a consultation and he and his assistant kept telling me about Hollywood celebrities to impress me. Not to mention what I think is a scandal when he appears with Jason on TV to lie to people.

I will neve ever go to any clinic that is associated to him.

I remember that so well and it annoyed me a hell of a lot. It is good that the industry is getting more interest and publicity but it was very misleading. I am sure the transplant has made a big difference in Jason's life but I would feel uncomfortable going in front of millions of viewers knowing he was wearing a load of concealer.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I remember that so well and it annoyed me a hell of a lot. It is good that the industry is getting more interest and publicity but it was very misleading. I am sure the transplant has made a big difference in Jason's life but I would feel uncomfortable going in front of millions of viewers knowing he was wearing a load of concealer.

I did not have the knowledge back then. So, I was one of those who were misled and I thought that 3501 grafts (the number is stuck to my mind) would give you the coverage it gave Jason.

What annoyed me the most was how Ziering was trying to justify that he did not notice that Jason was wearing concealers. Well, if he was saying the truth, then I'd never ever go to a doctor who does not detect that his patient wears toooonnns of concealers.

By the way, Ziering's assistant in LA asked me if I had had consultations with other doctors and I mentioned Feller and then he rolled his eyes and said that he did not know him:confused:. What a pathetic way of convincing people:mad:.

Off topic

Ziering is involved in the Histogen project:rolleyes:.

I really despise threads that come across as publicity and free advertising for clinics such as Ziering(?).

Look, to anyone who is reading this thread, who is just starting to learn about hair transplants, let me say this: hair transplants are expensive whether you go to a shitty doctor or to a top 10 doctor. So please do yourself a favor and go to the best doctor in the industry. And if you cannot afford it, then save some more. You think bald looks bad? Imagine bald, unnatural plugs, poor growth, a hairline that resembles a corn row more than anything else, coupled with a freaky strip scar preventing you from ever being able to shave off your hair again. Just my two cents. Good luck!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I really despise threads that come across as publicity and free advertising for clinics such as Ziering(?).

Look, to anyone who is reading this thread, who is just starting to learn about hair transplants, let me say this: hair transplants are expensive whether you go to a shitty doctor or to a top 10 doctor. So please do yourself a favor and go to the best doctor in the industry. And if you cannot afford it, then save some more. You think bald looks bad? Imagine bald, unnatural plugs, poor growth, a hairline that resembles a corn row more than anything else, coupled with a freaky strip scar preventing you from ever being able to shave off your hair again. Just my two cents. Good luck!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Well said!

I have had work done by Ziering and i can say that i did get a result but it was nothing special. They were very expensive also. I really wish i went elsewhere but it was before i really done extensive research.... I believe now there are far better clinics out there and unfortunately not many (if any) are in the Uk.

I'd steer well clear .

I came across their website the other day and was amazed at their prices.

They are scandalously overpriced.

I have not seen one documented good result from a patient.

Also for the Jason Gardner concealer fiasco they should be discounted immediately.

How fortuitous, then, that you should discover this thread on this forum and make your inaugural post a glowing review . . . without providing a shred of evidence to back it up in the way of photos.

The OP should avoid any clinic that APPEARS to employ shills.

Of course, he's free to go with whomever he chooses but he came here looking for advice, and here it is.

The last thing you want to be doing is be back on this website a year from now asking advice on how to get a botched procedure repaired when you're already a few grand out of pocket and down 2500 precious grafts.

Get yourself over to Brussels - it's a hour's flight, fer Chrissakes - see the Premier league players like Feriduni, Mwamba and Bisanga; class acts every one of them. The procedure you get is one you'll have to live with for the rest of your days so it makes sense to have top people working on it; not also rans

Mr/Mrs Cryingoutloud, whoever you are, I object to being called a shill, if you bothered to read my blog and my photo album, you would see I am a genuine person (who are you hiding behind the cartoon picture?)

The original topic was Ziering yes or no, as I have used them and in particular the one in West London and the surgeon being Dr Ball, I thought it would be useful to give some honest feedback.

Mr/Mrs Cryingoutloud, have you ever used Ziering or Dr Ball? probably not, so I don't really think your opinion counts for much does it? and is really not helpful to genuine people trying to make a fairly important decision and get some genuine advice.

I thought using a forum such as this would be a helpful supportive environment for pre and post HT people. It's disappointing it attracts people who seem to be somewhat aggressive in there posts. I can only guess there is a underlying not wholly honest reason for your need to comment on something/someone you have not had any direct dealings with?

I don't make the habit of posting on forums and my experience of the negativity of this forum means I will certainly not be posting or using them again.

Signing off permanantly.

Mr King

King, I can understand why you are annoyed if your integrity is being questioned, but it will be more appreciated by the community here if you stay and present your developments over the coming months, than let some anonymous person drive you out. There have not been a lot of people on HRN who have had work done by Dr Ball, so please stay otherwise by leaving you are letting whoever has riled you (who may have an agenda - although not saying they do) win. Just my 2c.

Mr/Mrs Cryingoutloud, whoever you are, I object to being called a shill, if you bothered to read my blog and my photo album, you would see I am a genuine person (who are you hiding behind the cartoon picture?)

The original topic was Ziering yes or no, as I have used them and in particular the one in West London and the surgeon being Dr Ball, I thought it would be useful to give some honest feedback.

Mr/Mrs Cryingoutloud, have you ever used Ziering or Dr Ball? probably not, so I don't really think your opinion counts for much does it? and is really not helpful to genuine people trying to make a fairly important decision and get some genuine advice.

I thought using a forum such as this would be a helpful supportive environment for pre and post HT people. It's disappointing it attracts people who seem to be somewhat aggressive in there posts. I can only guess there is a underlying not wholly honest reason for your need to comment on something/someone you have not had any direct dealings with?

I don't make the habit of posting on forums and my experience of the negativity of this forum means I will certainly not be posting or using them again.

Signing off permanantly.

Mr King

In answer to your question, no I haven't been to Ziering but you're right; the purpose of this site IS, indeed, to provide support to pre and post op HT patients. Myself and a few other posters advised the OP to be wary of Ziering's outfit with perfectly valid justifications for doing so.

I DO remember highlighting "APPEARS" in boldface on my post since there was no way to be absolutely certain you were/are a shill. If you're not, then I offer an apology but I'd still very much urge the OP to spend his money elsewhere with one of the recommended surgeons on here or one of the other hairloss communities.

Hi,

I was quite surprised to see some of the comments on this thread. I have previously posted my patient story at http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?p=2377596 (admittedly the version on HLE is more detailed and up to date). I can only echo king0564 comments on how professional Dr Ball and the Hammersmith setup is, and how pleased I was the outcome I have had.

BaldingBogger - Perhaps you could take a look at my result and hopefully change your mind on a lack of good results you have seen? J

To the OP, I have answered your original question on HLE if that is any help. Good luck!

Hi Guys,

A few things:

First, we try to run an open, honest, and transparent community. This means all members can share their legitimate experiences without fear of censorship. Remember, however, that this transparent discussion works both ways; members can share results and experiences, but they can also comment on other's results and experiences. We, like all other online communities, experience our fair share of true "shills" on the forums. This, in my opinion, creates a tendency to quickly dismiss new members singing the praises of non-recommended physicians quickly. Often times, however, these members are legitimate.

It's best, in my opinion, to address this problem two ways: first, remember that objective evidence is the easiest method of silencing the critics. We can talk until we're blue in the face; however, a picture truly "speaks a thousand words" and ends these conversations quickly. Second, new members - unfortunately - must remember the problem with online shills/spammers/fake promoters and take initial criticism with a slight "grain of salt." Please, don't be offended by initial skepticism. If it is truly unjustified or offense, report it and I'll take action. Otherwise, I refer back to my first point.

Most importantly, let's all be civil. Skepticism can be useful, but also remember to give members the benefit of the doubt from time-to-time.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Anyone considering to Ziering should first do a Google search on Ziering medical lawsuit . It is a bit shocking . I am not a fan of these types of places for obvious reasons based on their conduct.

• 2 weeks later...
Tommy I really think you need to provide reasons for dismissing Dr Ball. Just because a doctor is not featured on this website that much does not automatically mean s/he is shit.

I have seen some good results from Dr Ball but you need to search on another hair restoration website where people talk about their #hair loss experiences# (there is a clue there).

Also check out Dr Reddy's results on Youtube, a lot of very good work.

I have found one so far, the patient was very excited post op and didn't return. If there are others who had a good result then great. Maybe you're right, extensive research can be done elsewhere. Why has this poster suddenly found this forum to make that post though? If HLE is where Dr. Ball is a champ, why are his happy patients now coming out of the woodwork and making new posts?

I don't trawl the web for Dr. Feller threads and sign up to forums to sing his praises. That's why I never trust it when I see that stuff happening here.

Extensive research would include avoiding doctors who use blatant/possible shills, in my opinion.