Steven Gabel MD FACS – Oregon/Washington – High Density Frontal Angles Restoration in

This female patient desired to wear her hair back; however, because of her naturally deep frontotemporal angles, she always wore her hair forward to cover them. She felt the alopecia in the frontotemporal angles gave her a masculine appearance, which she did not like. We densely transplanted 1892 grafts into the frontotemporal angles. As shown in the immediate postoperative photograph, it is vital that the grafts are oriented correctly in a lateral direction, which the hair naturally pointed in those areas. The slits are also made in a very acute manner so the hair “hugs” the scalp in the proper direction.

The postoperative photographs were taken only 6 months after the procedure. We plan to have the patient return for her 1-year visit at which time I plan to post the follow up photographs.

Frontal_zps38b7849b.jpg

Immediate_zps271185a6.jpg

frontdown_zps8d16269a.jpg

Closeup_zps28375ca9.jpg

part_zps1f9a1c91.jpg

leftfull_zpse65cd38f.jpg

Left45_zps9657f1bf.jpg

rightrull_zps97514055.jpg

right45_zps05a1cdff.jpg

top_zpsbb94339b.jpg

Edited by Steve Gabel, M.D.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

She appears to have had excellent growth so far with further maturing to come.

Well done to all.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

She must be over the moon! Well done Dr. Gabel.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge
spelling

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great work. Interesting about the change in hair color. I had the same issue after my transplant; the donor area hair on my head is visibly darker than at my hairline. Some people noticed it, but no one thought it was a transplant. I think that, for some people, this is just an issue with no resolution beyond dying the hair.