Shaved my head scars and all

Rebel42

For the longest time I've been looking into having my transplant scars( from 3 surgeries) camouflaged. But decided in another 15 years I may feel like I made another mistake.I've been wanting to shave my head for the longest time as I continue it thin out on top. About a month ago I finally built up the courage tO say f it and shaved my head. I went to the barber and waited 5 minutes outside before I could get my nerve up to go in. I usually shave my head with a number 4 guard myself but Figured the only way I would ever do it if I went to someone else. After she shaved my head ( buzzer no guard) she asked me if I knew I had a scar back here. I told her what it was from and I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. Finally I told someone other than my family. And I keep telling people, I am sick of trying to fix a big mistake I did over 15 years ago. I just want to live my life and not care what people think. This may not be for everyone and I'd be lying if I said it was easy but I feel everyday it will get easier. I I just wanted to post this because I have gotten a lot of useful info on this website and wanted to give support to anyone who feels like they are in the same boat. Because my hair is black my scars are very noticeable. I am not saying all transplants are bad,i it just didn't work out for me. I just wish I hadn't intervened in my own hairloss. This is something that I feel I had to do to move on...

It takes onions to do what you did, but like most things in life, once you realize many of your fears about something were exaggerated, you grow stronger every day about it. Good to hear you did what you did. You have options available for concealment, the best of these being scalp or beard hair FUE into the scars. You may also wish to look into SMP.

Congratulations!

Rebel,

Well done to you that would have taken some balls to do that. I remember back in the late 90's wishing I had the courage to do the same but I never could I had 3 separate scars and very little on top. I am sure it will get easier once people have gotten over the initial seeing you for the first time and maybe asking the question about the scar. Some will ask some won't and you will probably get some positive comments on the new shaven look.

Good for you and please keep the forum updated on your experiences and peoples comments.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Goo job man. But don't give up hope and live with the scars forever. Many doctors are doing a great job at concealing them with FUE procedures. Some use beard hairs if you have those.The are some great examples on this forum of how FUT scars cam be minimized and hidden. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...