29 yr old, 2300 FUT with Dr. Cooley

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is progressing nicely.

Look forward to seeing the final result.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 5 weeks later...

5 months.

Still filling in. I'm also happy to say that the shock-loss in my donor has been recovering very nicely. Still has a little more to go but I have been able to buzz the back down to 10mm which is very nice.

I recently went home for the holidays and did not get any comments from anyone (I haven't told anyone I have gotten anything done). I attribute this to my constant battle to hide my temples pre-op, as well as the fact that "lacking hair" is very noticeable, where as having hair people kind of gloss over it. Sort of like having eyebrows or not. I think people can tell something is different but just don't know what it is. Its also given me quite a bit more confidence. I love being able to style my hair up and show my entire hairline without dealing with the "combover" to hide them.

I also was able to get my pre-op pics that Dr. Cooley took. I made this collage comparing them and my 5 month progress. Pretty amazing! By far the best decision I have ever made.

5Fc4iek.jpg

donor.jpg.8845977b847ba83732dd6b9707acf3be.jpg

left.jpg.19edf63e4c9057eae290b0e3e893bf96.jpg

right.jpg.6a0d7a703e29f09f338cd680b4f0c53a.jpg

• 1 month later...

refuse2lose

I have just read your entire thread and i have to say it was fasinating reading and has made me quite excited!

Your results are fantastic and your hair looks great. You must be overjoyed.

All the things you have mentioned i cannot wait to experience myself.I had an FUT procedure last week in London at The Ziering Medical Centre of 3200 grafts and am currently on day 4. if you don't mind i have a couple of questions for you.

Your hair on day 4 at the front looks nicely styled and has covered the grafts really well with your remaining hair. I have a meeting tomorrow and as i am putting on the copper peptide spray everyday and have been told not to touch the graftsites i am wondering how i can style my hair so it looks half decent...Did you blow dry it on a cool setting? Or towel pat dry? Please let me know otherwise i'm gonna have flat vile hair for this meeting!

Once again congrats on your result and hope to hear from you soon.

@ refuse2lose - looking absolutely great, you chose an excellent surgeon, I think that's 3/4 of the battle, like you I feel my HT decision was the best thing I've done for myself in a long time, best of luck and continued success with your growth!

@ refuse2lose - looking absolutely great, you chose an excellent surgeon, I think that's 3/4 of the battle, like you I feel my HT decision was the best thing I've done for myself in a long time, best of luck and continued success with your growth!

Hey home, I checked out your pics. Looking good man. Was that your first HT or have you had prior procedures?

thanks Gram - appreciate the kind words, my story's a bit complicated .. I had a small procedure in the early 90's when I was in my early 20's, had just started thinning, but I should have never had that procedure in the first place ... it was also a bit of a nightmare in terms of swelling in my face, etc. of course at that time the grafts were pluggy and placed solely in my hairline .. after loosing lots more hair, I simply tried to conceal the plugs by pulling my exisinting hair forward, using hairspray, etc. .. it was a nightmare.. I did this for decades until I researched and did my homework. I did not want FUT so I found Dr. Rahal doing FUE in Canada. He only did about 2k grafts to the frontal zone and I think its a night & day appearance for me, at least I can wear my hair more naturally, etc.

I sometimes think Dr. Cooley's is not appreciated enough. This is a top ten world class result at five months out. It's not just the density, but the temple angles have been wonderfully blended into the existing hair. Not too sharp, not too rounded. Well done.

Agreed - I think he is very underrated.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thank you all so much! I am thrilled so far and can't recommend Cooley enough. Very impressed with how natural it is turning out.

refuse2lose

Your hair on day 4 at the front looks nicely styled and has covered the grafts really well with your remaining hair. I have a meeting tomorrow and as i am putting on the copper peptide spray everyday and have been told not to touch the graftsites i am wondering how i can style my hair so it looks half decent...Did you blow dry it on a cool setting? Or towel pat dry? Please let me know otherwise i'm gonna have flat vile hair for this meeting!

Once again congrats on your result and hope to hear from you soon.

I just combed my forelock up and let it air dry, then carefully placed it over the grafts. The first couple weeks it looked sort of odd because the grafts were so short, but I made sure my forelock was long enough to cover them. Never got any comments about it.

I sometimes think Dr. Cooley's is not appreciated enough. This is a top ten world class result at five months out. It's not just the density, but the temple angles have been wonderfully blended into the existing hair. Not too sharp, not too rounded. Well done.

Couldn't agree more. The way he built up the sides above the temple points to then create the temple angles was really awesome. He basically created the angles from scratch where I had zero hair, and it looks very natural without being too aggressive. It really shows you how much artistry and experience is involved with hair transplantation.

did you lower your hairline? Also, after the surgery was completed, did you live a fairly social life still or was it too noticeable? Could you comment on how you "lived with that process?" thanks and looks great again.

For the hairline, he used the very front of my existing forelock to arc from. So we didn't go lower than that.

I took a week off work and had the procedure on Friday. The next time I went out was a week later, by then all the scabs were off. The hairs then fell out about 2-3 weeks later and I was back to how I looked pre-surgery. So other than that first week I went out just as much as normal (2-3 times a week)

• 1 month later...

Month 8!

Still loving my progress so far. I feel like I am in "thickening mode" as i'm pretty sure all the hairs have broken the surface, they are just improving in caliber. Going to try and grow it out to go for the "swooped back" look. Its an amazing feeling not having to constantly worry about my hair. Thanks again to Dr. Cooley!

1.jpg.71d81588fd50cad4ef94735fc6d99b0f.jpg

2.jpg.d6fadbbeb8f28999705b76d07ae5d6d2.jpg

3.jpg.8e62af68117ef7a14b72a46af665d844.jpg

4.jpg.8d4a79f7422cab62090f19aaac3268f6.jpg