4000 FUE grafts with Dr. Maral

another

Hello, could you please clarify this? Why would starting with a strip yield more grafts than starting with FUE assuming you were planning on doing both surgeries?

The discussion that might start here deserves a thread on its own, probably under a main topic on surgical techniques, so I will keep it brief. Besides Maral Clinic has started to become annoyed which is something that I don't want to cause. We can discuss this later on at a more relevant thread.

There are two main reasons for this:

One has already been pointed out by PupDaddy. The point here is that, FUT preserves untouched donor for FUE but FUE destroys the FUT area which could give the best grafts of the donor area.

The other reason is related to mechanics. The physical principles that each depend on are different. FUT takes advantage of skin laxity and then elasticity. FUE just reduces density. The techniques are actually not alternatives - which is the reason why I don't like FUT vs. FUE type of discussions very much - but complementary in getting the most out of the donor area. If we don't start with FUT, we loose the chance of taking some of the grafts via skin laxity, because we take lets say 30-50 % of the grafts from the skin excess instead of taking 100%.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vice versa, if you start with 2 strip surgeries on a virgin scalp, you will maximize those strip counts while removing "only" 2 - 3 cm of donor scalp, depending on the width of the strips that were taken. The donor area above and below the scar will be at 100% of its original density.

This is physically impossible.

The other reason is related to mechanics. The physical principles that each depend on are different. FUT takes advantage of skin laxity and then elasticity. FUE just reduces density. The techniques are actually not alternatives - which is the reason why I don't like FUT vs. FUE type of discussions very much - but complementary in getting the most out of the donor area. If we don't start with FUT, we loose the chance of taking some of the grafts via skin laxity, because we take lets say 30-50 % of the grafts from the skin excess instead of taking 100%.

Thanks for your response. If we start with FUE, couldn't we still use up the laxity and extract the strip? It will of course have a lower density, but am I correct in saying that since FUE "wastes" grafts, we want to do the bulk of extraction with FUT?

The discussion that might start here deserves a thread on its own, probably under a main topic on surgical techniques, so I will keep it brief. Besides Maral Clinic has started to become annoyed which is something that I don't want to cause. We can discuss this later on at a more relevant thread.

Thanks, and for the others: please respect.

Edited by MikroFUE
quote was edited

I am the marketing representative of Maral Hair Transplant and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Klinik in Istanbul, Turkey.

There are two main reasons for this:

One has already been pointed out by PupDaddy. The point here is that, FUT preserves untouched donor for FUE but FUE destroys the FUT area which could give the best grafts of the donor area.

That's a useful comment I had not quite appreciated. If you FUE the strip area, some of the follicles in that region would be killed off, so you don't get as much benefit from it as you ordinarily would when taking it out at a later stage.

This is physically impossible.

Yeah. The upper and lower regions would stretch out slightly, but what PD means is it wouldn't be particularly noticeable.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hello all,

Sorry that I couldn't reply to anyone, I was away for a very long time and was very busy with work.

I am not sure what happened but this thread has gone totally the wrong way, unnecessary and wrongly bashing of Dr. Maral.

This thread was not meant to create all kind of misunderstandings but to share my experience.

Its been around 18 months now since my HT with Dr. Maral. I couldn't be happier that I have chosen this clinic. I had a perfect experience with Dr. Maral's clinic. As explained in my previous post I didn't chose Dr. Maral because he charges 10times cheaper then most other surgeons but purely because I have met several his patients in person and because I was impressed by their result. I am still in touch with most of his patients and everyone is always praising his work. Please see my pictures and you will see why.

Couple of months ago my hair started to feel ticker and fuller. I am getting compliments on daily bases. I was in panic at 11 months because my hair wasn't looking as I was expecting, but today it is a different look for me. A look that I was expecting.

Please see couple of pictures, they are very recent.

I am planning to go for second session to Dr. Maral once I manage to take off from work.

By the way, I still don't use any medication, sprays or anything else to boost my hair growth. I prefer to let it grow naturally.

Thank you.

postop16mos3_zps796de295.jpg

postop16mos1_zpsa162efc1.jpg

postop16mos2_zps94972227.jpg

postop16mos4_zps57a257f6.jpg

b4_zps91813ba4.jpg

b3_zps26634156.jpg

b2_zps2c77c735.jpg

b1_zpscf35d9ad.jpg

day1postops_zps9f8f74d5.jpg

day1postop_zpsa510c210.jpg

a4_zpsd7729ec4.jpg

a3_zps57395643.jpg

a2_zps7a2b09c9.jpg

a1_zps90b8a150.jpg

Hey KO,

Pictures were taken in a normal daylight conditions. I haven't tried to take any pics with flash as this is how I see myself in the mirror and how others see me indoors and outdoors.

I am sure you agree that it looks very good compare to how I was before.

Now all I need is a second session to cover my crown area.

thanks KO.

Thanks Home1212,

Yes I am very happy. I was telling twinspark in other post that today I bought myself a new comb :D

Ha, can I relate to that. I almost cried when I first used hair conditioner after 15+ years. Hair products got so much better in the meantime :)

Hi ANother...

Discovering your last pictures... great effect ! I am happy for you. Your pictures are clear and show a big change. It shows that we really need to be patient and wait at least for 12 / 18 months to get the final result. You might be loving your new face :cool:

That shows again that Dr maral is not only good with low grade like me (Norwood 3), but also grade 6 or 7... That's impressive.

I wonder how inceredible it will be if you go for a 2d session :D

Fred

Impressive results man.

The thickness improvement between month 6 and month 18 is... beyond my imagining.

To everyone bashing Dr. Maral, this patient went from having absolutely nothing to having nice, thick hair to comb.

Check your judgements next time.

Impressive results man.

The thickness improvement between month 6 and month 18 is... beyond my imagining.

To everyone bashing Dr. Maral, this patient went from having absolutely nothing to having nice, thick hair to comb.

Check your judgements next time.

Thanks Hesediel,

Very happy with the look at this stage.

We are looking forward to your pictures, I am sure the result is as expected.

Hi ANother...

Discovering your last pictures... great effect ! I am happy for you. Your pictures are clear and show a big change. It shows that we really need to be patient and wait at least for 12 / 18 months to get the final result. You might be loving your new face :cool:

That shows again that Dr maral is not only good with low grade like me (Norwood 3), but also grade 6 or 7... That's impressive.

I wonder how inceredible it will be if you go for a 2d session :D

Fred

Hi Fredifredo,

thanks, feeling great. Yes loving the face now:D

fact is Maral patients are not getting good results and the one guy who posts photos shows them under shade. Frankly I think Maral threads in general should be banned.

Bottom left pic was taken today, right pic was 18 months ago...let's ban all Dr. Maral's posts:D

today_zps732400af.jpg

lol this is hilarious, just put the light on and tilt your head down?

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Hi guys ,

Sorry to be cynical here but I don't buy this hair transplant recovered in the way that is being portrayed here.

I actually think the OP has been back for a repair from the clinic and is now presenting it as final result. It's a bit naughty if this is the case.

That's just my opinion and if this is genuine then it's the first case of it kind I have seen in seeing thousands of results.

In any case the main thing here is the patient is happy and i am happy he got there in the end.

I actually think the OP has been back for a repair from the clinic and is now presenting it as final result. It's a bit naughty if this is the case.

That's just my opinion and if this is genuine then it's the first case of it kind I have seen in seeing thousands of results.

In any case the main thing here is the patient is happy and i am happy he got there in the end.

Hi Balding,

Agree, happy patient means perfect result, this is the most important determinant to assess the result of any hair transplant.

I also share your concerns; however, first I want to ask Another more politely on behalf of you? (before blaming him and the clinic)

NOW; Another, is this your result after one session of hair transplant in Maral Klinik. Did you get any more session up to now? Was your hair transplant recovered?

(Needles to say, if this is just after one session, because of his NW6 hair loss with complete baldness over hair loss areas, this will not be the final result and we can expect one more session to cover upper parts and top-crown areas.)

KO:

Go to this thread and ask for the upper-top views, even for the shaded ones. It is 7500+ grafts transfer in 4-5 sessions and we can accept the treatment was completed. Then we will compare that result with Another's. Go quick, be honest and fair one time in your life.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171595-my-repair-almost-complete-w-pics.html

Hi Balding,

Agree, happy patient means perfect result, this is the most important determinant to assess the result of any hair transplant.

I also share your concerns; however, first I want to ask Another more politely on behalf of you? (before blaming him and the clinic)

NOW; Another, is this your result after one session of hair transplant in Maral Klinik. Did you get any more session up to now? Was your hair transplant recovered?

(Needles to say, if this is just after one session, because of his NW6 hair loss with complete baldness over hair loss areas, this will not be the final result and we can expect one more session to cover upper parts and top-crown areas.)

KO:

Go to this thread and ask for the upper-top views, even for the shaded ones. It is 7500+ grafts transfer in 4-5 sessions and we can accept the treatment was completed. Then we will compare that result with Another's. Go quick, be honest and fair one time in your life.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171595-my-repair-almost-complete-w-pics.html

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your comments.

This is my first hair transplant and didn't need any recovery hair transplant as it looks great, except the ugly duckling stage as they say.

I am trying to arrange for second visit to Dr. Maral to cover my top crown area, that is when my work is settled down as this is a very busy period at work.

My HT was done in 1 session, so yes this is the result after 1 session.

thanks

regards,

Apples and watetmelons

Agree, just the point is KO has never asked such a pictures from him or from anybody else and has never brang an apple although I have asked him many times. He always omit.

Can you provide an apple? (see the another's pre-op pictures first but, and please provide an apple after one session of HT)