1500 grafts 7 days ago and I'm extremely worried. HELP!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright question....since I will have such low density, will it be better for the blood supply of my head when I get my next procedure? Meaning since there will already be some hair in recipient sites will it be better or worse for survival rate when I have follow up procedure to add density and create a natural hairline. Also, what do yall think 2000-2500 fues would possibly look for me?? Thank again for all the help!

TheDude84 speaking from experience, the operation they have performed should for all intents and purposes take as well as any other op as far as healing and expected growth, only fundamental difference well be the end result, it well not have that desired natural look we commonly now witness around here or that undetectable density when going to a hair dresser or seen on close inspection, sole reason being is the sparseness of the grafting, however once a Top Restoration Hair Surgeon is able to evaluate it, at least now in his day n age you can have the desired results when the time is right again and finances permit such work.

In meantime do what I am doing checking out all the Surgeons to the best of my ability and their work and their qualifications, because like you I neither can financially afford or emotionally afford to make any further errors in selecting a Surgeon to finally rectify my outcome of the 80's

I would never go near another Surgeon who to this day continues to use the old micro/mini-grafting as it plainly is obvious that it is the older school methodology in this century, my research to date displays it is either FUT or FUE being utilised by everyone bar a minority of current surgeons you could not count on one finger that pertains to the recommended Surgeons here and that speaks volumes.

The major problem besides what is a noticeable difference is due to the ongoing number of sessions to achieve even an outcome that well never be as good as the modern method, you are looking at that much more expense in the process, at least with these mega sessions this does not mean you have to go back again and again.

On this forum I m shocked to see that not one New Zealand nor Australian Surgeon is even on the recommendation list around the world, yes I know the cost in NZ/Australia is astronomical but surely one would think there is actually a Top Surgeon among them practicing, yet there is not!!, That is a very sad state of affairs to say the least.

Peace out to you TheDude84

OMG, the pricing break down is just pure comedy.

So they rationalize that since they are charging $3 per graft and use larger mini-grafts, in essense you are getting more hair per graft than another clinic which also charges $3 per graft with only 1-2 follicular units.

I guess that's one way to spin it. I guess they don't understand the point of using smaller grafts is not to cheat the customer out of hair, but to create a natural looking hairline.

It really is stunning that the HT field still has hacks like this out there. I wonder if other cosmetic surgery fields have practitioners that are so behind the times. This "doctor" must be aware of the advances that have been made, right?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Man save some money and go to turkey if you can ... There are some good IAHRS approved doctors there and much cheaper than this shitty doctor. 4500 USD means 3200 Eur .. You can find some cheap flights to turkey .. Turkish airline has a return ticket from US of around 800 USD .... Plus the doctors might give you some discount .. Repair patients are kinda like good marketing for them as well ....

I hope it doesn't look bad and you can still have some normal look by some hair style ....

Hi thedude,

Sorry to hear about your hair transplant. It is shocking to see a doctor in the year 2014 still doing dated procedures. I also had a botched hair transplant done in 2000 with mini grafts which took me many years to repair and finally get a mega session of 3490 grafts with Dr. Rahal this past week to cover up the mini grafts and rebuild the hairline and add density.

There is is hope so like everyone on here said save up a lot of money and do a ton of research before choosing a doctor to do your repair. This will be a long journey my friend. Hopefully this jerk for a doctor did not waste too much of your limited donor hairs.

-Shearak

I feel 1500 grafts to cover that big part of head was too much. Were you trying to cover the whole head? If they had tried to cover the front part atleast then i think you would have got a good coverage at the front. It would have given you a good look from the front then later in the future you could have gone for top back part.

Save your money. Get on Propecia. Do your research and consult with several doctors, not just one. Unfortunately, it appears you are a repair case. But as one poster said, what's done is done. You can't go back and can only look forward. There are many good surgeons on here who deal with this kind of thing quite a bit. In fact, one surgeon told me almost one-third of his patients are repair cases. Good luck!

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Alright question....since I will have such low density, will it be better for the blood supply of my head when I get my next procedure? Meaning since there will already be some hair in recipient sites will it be better or worse for survival rate when I have follow up procedure to add density and create a natural hairline. Also, what do yall think 2000-2500 fues would possibly look for me?? Thank again for all the help!

I'm no expert but I think it should be ok because, as you say the grafting is so spaced out. What is worse is when a high density transplant is attempted and you get lots of tissue damage from all the incisions and implanted grafts (that failed to grow).

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 1 month later...

it makes me angry that there are surgeons still doing 80s and 90s pluggy work and marketing themselves as Hair Transplant docs! ugghhh!

I'm sorry this happened to you but thank goodness, it is fixable. You should look at Jotronic's story. He had some terrible work like this done years ago and has gotten a nice head of hair now.

Only go for docs recommended on this site.. My doc does repair work as well. Do your research. you can get this fixed.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I can see how OP fell into the trap of getting a procedure with this doc.

The RN "has 40 years of experience in hair transplant and has worked alongside Dr. Norwood" (presumably the creator of the Norwood scale).

Man.. there are still people falling victim to bad HT's.. sickening!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

It's been said somewhere on this thread; two things strike out for me here. One is that this "doctor" still goes around shamelessly advertising his decades-old crappy method, and two that the OP didn't notice what the guy was about from looking at the photos on the "doctor's" site. One glance at the "photo gallery" says all.

• 3 years later...
I had a hair transplant performed at advanced hair restoration in Oklahoma City by dr. Kent webb. Here are my results...

Am I going to look worse than before? Will I have to wait it out a year before it can be fixed?

I got 1500 grafts in the crown from Kent Webb and there is no evidence that any graft grew at all.

I had 1500 grafts in the crown from Dr. Kent Webb 3 years ago and there is no evidence that anything grew at all. It was my 3rd procedure. The first 2 turned out good with my hairline from other Doctors. Kent Webb should not be allowed to perform Hair Transplants anymore.

Wow... I have plugs from an old surgery to fix an accident I had when I was a toddler, but that HT surgery was done back in the early 80s & that plugged look was the only technology they had back then! They told my parents I'd have to have it filled in years later when the technology got better, but we waited many many years before we even considered it. I'm also shocked someone still uses this technic. I finally just had an FUT this month & they worked around those old grafts, so another doctor can do that for you if they choose to. But my old grafts are too thick... so they may remove them, split them up, & then redistribute them, depending on how this FUT result looks like next year, & also so they blend in with the rest of my normal hair. So there are definitely options. From what I've read over time, it sounds like these top doctors are VERY prepared in dealing with outdated designs. Good luck to you.

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017