1500 grafts 7 days ago and I'm extremely worried. HELP!

Hi I'm new to the forum and just had a ht last week. I supposedly had 1500 grafts but they look like they're spaced too far apart and I ddon't know if the end result will look natural. Any and all comments welcome.

20140226_063645.jpg.fa7091606e72e3bca8cd6014bd239c8c.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A look at this doctor's website pretty much confirms he is still doing micro/mini grafting. Sorry but this method died out in the early 90s and this guy just hasn't moved on.

All you can do is wait. Start saving and identify a doctor who will be able to make the work more natural with a second procedure.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I think an area that large, depending on hair characteristics, would need roughly 2500 grafts for good density and I have seen a lot of results that get even 3500 in the front. 1500 in the front, from what I have seen over the years on different forums, is for those who want something conservative or for low NW's just looking to add density to an already decent hairline. It looks like 2500 grafts in the front would have been good for your hair loss, IMHO. And yeah they do look sparse.

Thank all you guys for the replies. And yes they did tell me what to expect and recommended 2000 graFts.

I didn't quite have enough money but they said they could still do quote a bit with 1500 and give me a good hairline to start with and then I c pound come back later for more density. What is mini/micro grafting?

4500. Can this be fixed? I hope I didn't just have a huge strip out of my head to look like a pluggy mess. The rn working there has been in this business for 25 years so I thought with that much experience she would be competent enough to do this.

I researched extensively on the Web prior to going through with this and thought I did my due diligence, thought being the key word. The RN at the facility I went to has over 25 years experience in the ht field, however, I think her methods may still be in the 80 when she began. They recommended 2000 graFts but being short on funds I could only afford 1500, to which she and the Dr. said would get me a good hairline and more density behind it until I could get more money for added density later. I don't know what to do though because it looks like there won't be enough density in my hairline to leave the house without a hat. Will I look worse than before I did this? What can be done?

20140226_063645.jpg.0e6b422bdc9cbf0fe93067bb38b18a34.jpg

20140226_065033.jpg.29d25fba9a119d920d4acf8bf5bb433c.jpg

20140228_214418.jpg.84e943dcde75447e00f02ade43974dc5.jpg

20140302_150246.jpg.1506c2e3029218bf02c6c896dad024ea.jpg

What is mini/micro grafting?

Hair grows in bundles, i.e foliicular units that sprout 1 to 4 hairs, with an overall average of about 2.2hairs per follicular unit.

Mini grafting will combine 2 or 3 follicular units, i.e. 3 to 6 hairs at a time in one graft, i.e. they do not split your donor hair down into the naturally occuring follicular units. This will result in a slightly 'pluggy' look and can limit your styling options.

Micro is just a term for using grafts with 1 or 2 hairs. Hopefully these were used around the hairline so it won't look too unnatural.

If the doc used Mini/Micro then you may have got an average of ~4 hairs per graft which means you may get 1,500 x 4 = 6,000 hairs. The only problem is it might look a bit pluggy.

Make sure you next doc is only using 1, 2 or 3 hair grafts.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Well, your fears are confirmed. This is terrible, terrible, terrible HT work. The grafts are too large (probably mini grafts), and there are not nearly enough (which is actually good because he likely didn't expend too much of your donor). Your hairline will not look at all natural, and you will not have nearly enough density.

My suggestion is to start consulting now with some surgeons recommended on this site. They will likely suggest just filling in-between the grafts you currently have. Some of the multi-hair grafts up front might need to be punched out and replanted.

What did they charge you for this atrocity and who did it? You should definitely out them here so no other unsuspecting newbies falls prey. And please don't accept more "FREE" surgery from them. Ask for a refund (which they will doubtfully give you) and walk away.

It really pisses me off that this type of HT work is still being done. Sorry you are going through this, but you can be fixed.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

This "doctor" should be stopped immediately. I am almost compelled to call them up and tell them so. DUDE, do the rest of Oklahoma City a favor and show this hack some examples of the type of work being done by the HT docs on this site. Tell him to get his head out of his ass before ruining anyone else's.

Benson, in fairness, the pics you posted are not Webb's work, but work done by another doc. Webb "fixes" that botch job with another botch job, though. Basically more dense but clearly micros. Not natural looking at all.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

How many fues would it take to get me a natural hairline from this point. I'm kinda freaking out, my wife said she thought there was no way I was actually going to be able to get my hair back. I thought I didn't have to research it was going to be able to prove her wrong that looks like she is going to win this one. probably not going to be good for my relationship either